Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Role Playing Games

ME3 (Where we discuss things other than the ending)

< Prev 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 Next >

03.05.2013 9:27pm

Zubis
Registered Member

Yeah, I finished it an hour ago. The combat simulator is great, you can unlock ME1/ME2 characters...which yes, does mean you can have Wrex and Grunt in one party.

I personally loved the DLC, but only because I genuinely like ME's characters. I couldn't quite recommend it to people who want something like Shadow Broker. But the inside jokes, the banter - oh my god, the banter - and the fact it's clearly made with love (unlike some other DLC) made it work for me.

EDIT: I'd like to point out the replay value in this DLC is far higher than other DLCs, because of (a lot of) dialogue choices for party members, and that the combat simulator can be replayed at any time.

Jump to Post

03.06.2013 3:48am

Colinp42
Registered Member

Well sounds like this should wait until after if and when I download ME1. Just have so much else to play I don't know,if I'll get to it.

Jump to Post

03.06.2013 4:25am

Inquisitor
Jericholic V2.0

Just finished up
Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
throwing a party for everyone and the scene when boarding the Normandy. Even though it's a year later I kind of feel like a lot of what this DLC had was stuff that would have been great if it had been in the original game. Even with the original endings - the squad dialogue and the whole party thing, as well as the interactions with different squad members - would have taken away alot of the initial uprising from the endings IMO.  

Super fun DLC pack though. I probably spent about six hours or so on this today and there's still a lot of content I don't think I touched. 

Jump to Post

03.06.2013 12:47pm

Zubis
Registered Member

Shepard. Wrex. (mild spoilers)

Jump to Post

03.06.2013 3:17pm
 (Edited on 03.06.2013 at 3:31pm)

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

That seriously almost sold me on this DLC.  And I'm someone who only very, very rarely buys DLC.

[edit] Related? 

In the ongoing divorce the ex-wife adn I decided to split up out game consoles.  She gave me the choice (since it doesn't mean much to her WHICH one she gets), and since one of the two games upcoming that I want to bad is a PS3 exclusive*, I went with the big black box and let her keep the 360.

This meant I needed to re-acquire my Mass Effect games.  ME is the game of the generation for me, so I was pretty super pleased to discover the ME Trilogy boxed set, which I'd somehow not known about, which included not only the two games that were already on PS3 but also ME1!  At $60 that's each game for $20, plus some DLC.  And just now I looked into the DLC to see what it came with and ME2 comes with Kasumi... and Lair of the Shadow Broker and Overlord, neither of which I've played yet.  No Zaeed, though, and no Arrival, whcih makes me sad. :(

But not sad enough to not be super fucking jazzed.

Jump to Post

03.06.2013 8:40pm

Ashilyn
Career GM

ME Trilogy is has all the DLC that game with the games packed in, which means the PS3 version SHOULD come with Zaeed (and all the other Crberus Network stuff). If it doesn't, take it up with EA, unless you bought it used. Even the PS3 customers still had to actually enter a code and download the Cerberus Network - everything else was put on disc execept Arrival, which came out after the PS3 release.

Jump to Post

03.06.2013 8:47pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

I haven't actually put it in yet, so we'll see.  I forgot that he came with the Cerberus Network--it's been a while since I bought a copy of the game.

Jump to Post

03.06.2013 10:37pm

Zubis
Registered Member

Poor Wrex.

I'm going to be replaying this for weeks. The sheer amount of context in this is nuts.

Jump to Post

03.07.2013 4:35am

Cult of Personality
Insert witty remark here.

You're my hero, Grunt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7OWKdfaRAg

Jump to Post

03.07.2013 6:17am

Aquila
Usually lurking
Administrator

Kotaku's review has sold me the Citadel DLC, I'll pick it up when I have time.  Meanwhile, I haven't touched ME3 in a year and didn't buy any other single player DLCs.  Are they worth getting?

Jump to Post

03.07.2013 1:49pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Zubis said:

Poor Wrex.

I'm going to be replaying this for weeks. The sheer amount of context in this is nuts.

Sold.

Jump to Post

03.07.2013 5:06pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

Zubis said:

Poor Wrex.

Well shit, now I have to buy it. That was absolute gold!

Jump to Post

03.07.2013 6:44pm

Zubis
Registered Member

Aquila said:

Kotaku's review has sold me the Citadel DLC, I'll pick it up when I have time.  Meanwhile, I haven't touched ME3 in a year and didn't buy any other single player DLCs.  Are they worth getting?

Skip Omega. Leviathan has some lore that's potentially worth it.

Jump to Post

03.08.2013 4:39am

Aquila
Usually lurking
Administrator

Thanks, hopefully the price will go down at some point.

Jump to Post

03.08.2013 4:45am

Ashilyn
Career GM

I disagree on skipping OMega. Beyond some somewhat questionable writing when it comes to Aria, Omega was pretty fantastic. Lengthy too, I really enjoyed it.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter