Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Role Playing Games

ME3 (Where we discuss things other than the ending)

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 26 Next >

03.15.2012 2:08pm
Thread Creator

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

JSG said:

Here are the conversations for that part, if you don't feel like replaying the game to see them.  I'm sad I missed them the first time around.  They're awesome.
That is indeed awesome.  It's amazing just HOW MUCH is in this game... I feel like I've been talking to everyone possible (which I NEVER do) and I still miss major things like this. 

Has anybody managed to clip out of bounds yet?  I feel through the floor on the citadel and wound up in the hospital from somewhere else and in the same day saw someone in multiplayer end up outside the map only to fall through the floor 30 seconds later and get back.  Weird.

On multiplayer, has anyone survived 10 waves of Gold yet?  I always survive Bronze and I've made it to round 10 on silver twice (only played 4 times though) but I can't imagine how hard gold is.

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

03.15.2012 4:07pm
 (Edited on 03.15.2012 at 4:17pm)

Ashilyn
Career GM

I can't even survive six waves of silver much less Gold. Bu I know in Gold, they start throwing the god damn kitchen sink at you - particularly if you're fighting Ceberus because not only do they throw Phantoms at you, from what I've heard now you have to deal with Kai Leng too. I don't know who the "special" unit for the Geth or Reapers is, though.

Speaking of Kai Leng, I really recommend people go out and read the books. Well, the first three. They're really good, and give you a really good presentation of both him and Kahlee Sanders. Not that I thought their writing was bad (but that's probably because I had prior experiance with them), but it's obvious that they were a bit lost for what exactly to do with both of them since neither character had been written by anyone on the writing team before, being solely from Drew Karpyshyn's books. I appreciated their inclusion, though. It made it clear they were trying to wrap up loose ends from across the this story arc. Now, if only we'd gotten to retake omega, but that was the big one left hanging that really bothered me.

Jump to Post

03.15.2012 4:31pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Had a Batarian pull a gun on my last night, and there was this slow dawn realization:  That's the asshole who tried to drop an asteroid on Terra Nova.  And then he blamed me for the Batarian homeworld falling and I legit felt kinda bad.

Shep's realization that the Batarians found a derelict Reaper after the Bring Down the Sky event was pretty awesome.

Jump to Post

03.15.2012 5:25pm

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

To be hontest, I hate those damn Batarians.

Though really, I feel bad for them.  No matter how this war ends, they're on the fast track to extenction.

Jump to Post

03.15.2012 5:36pm

Ashilyn
Career GM

THere's very few batarians that don't totally suck, unfortunately. Then again one of the lessons of ME2 and 3 seems to be "everyone is an asshole, except
Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
the Geth
", so that doesn't surprise me much. I do feel bad for them but at the same time, fuck 'em.

Also I suspect post ME3, they may actually be extinct. It sounds like most of the remaining batarians were on the citadel, and well... they aren't coming back from that, and I'm sure what was left of their fleet got decimated in the final battle. If there's any left, it's very few who will likely die off in a generation or two for a variety of reasons.

Jump to Post

03.16.2012 2:47pm
 (Edited on 03.16.2012 at 2:57pm)

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Yesterday I punched a quarian in the gut and yelled at Admiral Raan.  Felt good.  Kudos to Bioware for getting me to hate them as a society!  I didn't think it could be done.

I've liked Tali from day one, she's like Shep's little sister (and Tali romancers are gross!), and usually Admiral Raan is awesome (that voice, /swoon), but man,

(Spoilers for the first Perseus Veil mission only, the Geth Dreadnaught; I haven't actually touched Rannoch itself yet.)
when Legion walked into the room and she was like "WHAT THE HELL?!" it was so satisfying to tell her to shut the fuck up.  Finding out that in this case, the Quarians were the aggressors, and the reason the Geth are united under the Reapers now?  Slack jawed, "Oh no they di'in't."  And you talk to Legion and he's like, "Yeah, of course the Geth believed me, we were prepping for war when the Creators fucked it all up."  I want to be able to make Shepard facepalm in the middle of conversations because all through the beginning of the Perseus Veil stuff she would have been doing it fucking constantly.

And then they tried to blow up the ship we were on.

Consider yourself warned, Quarians.

Also:  Geth Hunters are more frustrating than Banshees.  Why?  Becuase when a Banshee (or a Husk, for that matter) gets up next to you, you know it.  It kicks the shit out of you and you have to bolt, or you die.  A Geth Hunter?  Will sneak up on you and stand just a few feet away, just shooting you--not enough to blow all your shields or really make its presence known right away.  In the middle of a tense firefight it's really easy to miss the fact that some of the bullets are coming from right behind you.  I typically don't notice them until they've put one or two shotgun blasts into me, because as an Infiltrator I spend most of my time looking down a scope.

Jump to Post

03.16.2012 4:52pm

CaButler

Fucking Quarians.  You spend so much time trying to get sympathy and you just waste it like that.

Hell, Tali was agains the whole fucking thing to begin with, because she knew they had bigger threats to deal with.

Also,

I spoke with Javik on the Citadel, and for him, it was a moment of awe as he never really had a chance to look at it.  Soon enough, a hanar asks if he really is a Prothean and just basically goes into worship mode.  Soon enough, an asari and a turian walk up and ask how they can hope to win if they lost.

Javik starts to give a speech about it being hopeful, but saying it all wrong until my Shepard whispered to him that he isn't doing it right, before he turns it straight around to motivational.

He may be the last of his race, but he'll make sure that his race is remembered as the warriors they are.  God, I love this guy.

Jump to Post

03.16.2012 4:55pm

Ashilyn
Career GM

Javik is a bit of (a lot of) a troll at times, but despite his harsh wold view and the fact that he's kind of a dick, he's actually a really cool, well meaning guy, and the way they wrote him like that makes him a really compelling character. He gets more moments like that down the line, and I loved every single one of them.

Jump to Post

03.16.2012 5:01pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Javik is totes worth the $10.  He's never pitotal, but he's always awesome.

He makes me miss Samara a ton, though.

Jump to Post

03.16.2012 6:11pm
Thread Creator

Crono

Well... I really thought I was going to be able to get the Geth and Quarians support because I checked a guide on it and I took care of every single requirement... but I didn't get the option.  Not a big deal though. 

That's the last story thing I've done so far and I'm at 4750... so everyone who's saying it's near impossible to get 5k in a single playthrough are clearly wrong.  Not that it matters to me since I'm playing the shit out of MP but I still want to have a high number regardless.

That mission where you go around shooting orange pipes for Legion... yeah, that got old fast.

Jump to Post

03.16.2012 6:34pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

The wife and I are probably going to take advantage of Live's current discount offer and get a month to fiddle around with the MP, shaking our fists every five minutes when we're reminded that we can't play with each other because the gaming industry is really, truly stupid.

Knowing the Geth/Quarian choice is coming, knowing it's a lot of Tali/Legion... I don't know.  Until the events surrounding the Dreadnaught I would have sided with the Quarians every time--they seemed like the obvious choice.  Then the Dreadnaught happened, and now... I don't know, I might have to break Tali's germophobic heart, if I'm not given the option to smooth things over between them.  I  understand the Quarians want their homeworld back, but they are very clearly the aggressors this time, and I'm yet to see any indication that anyone other than Tali tried, y'know, asking the Geth to share, or to move on, or anything other than "get your hands off my planet you damned dirty machines!".

The fact that I'm even considering this is mindboggling. 

Jump to Post

03.16.2012 9:00pm

Ashilyn
Career GM

SPeaking of multiplayer: https://www.pcgamer.com/2012/03/16/mass-effect-3-multiplayer-data-released-weekend-event-awards-unique-item-pack-for-reaper-genocide/

It's pretty damn popular, and BioWAre is running a multipplayer "event" this weekend if you play on 360 (not sure aboutPC, but it's confirmed to not include PS3). Basically, complete a Reaper based match on Silver, earn a special "Comendation Pack" of equipment on Tuesday. If the community as a whole kills 1 million Reaper Brutes, everyone gets a Victory Pack of equipment on Tuesday. No idea what's in teh VIctory Pack, but the commendation pack includes one of the weapons originally included in teh Collector's Edition's N7 Weapons Pack (previously unavailable to ANYONE in multiplayer regardless of if you had the CE or not, and they are only usable in MP if you don't have the Collector's Edition).

Supposedly this is only the first of such events as well.

Jump to Post

03.17.2012 5:09am
Thread Creator

Crono

I've been getting paired with the worst people on Silver.  Well, not the worst but 6 matches today and I only made it to round 10 once.  If anyone here is actually good and wants to tackle some MP this weekend my XBL account is Crono2k.  Or in general if you want to do some Bronze fun, I don't care.

Jump to Post

03.17.2012 5:53am

CaButler

If you see me on, send me an invite.  I've been meaning to get the MP a go.

Jump to Post

03.17.2012 10:12am

Darth Revan
Jen' Jari Iv Tave Sith

I'll give MP another go when I get my connection back up to speed. Hopefully not with the same peons as last time (in the MP part of the demo).

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 26 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter