Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Role Playing Games

ME3 (Where we discuss things other than the ending)

< Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 26 Next >

03.17.2012 9:50pm

Zubis
Registered Member

Question for you guys regarding Thane.

Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.

If Thane is killed in ME2, Kirrahe replaces him and is killed by Kai Leng. But who replaces Kirrahe if he died in ME1?

Jump to Post

03.17.2012 10:04pm

Ashilyn
Career GM

The Salarian Counciller dies.

I have to admit,m if there was one big thing that bothered me about ME3 it was that they made it clear that if you didn't do certain things in ME1 or didn't have a perfect playthrough of ME2, well then fuck you. I get there needs to be consequences for people dying or for certain actions, but it never comes off that way, it instead comes off as "well, you made the WRONG decision. Here's a middle finger". The above consequence makes sense, at least, and I don't have issue with it. But there are times were it definitely feels like BioWare went to far out of their way to punish you if you didn't do things just right.

I had planned on doing a playthrough of ME2 where I didn't save everyone or do all the loyalty missions, just to see what it was like in ME3. Now that I know that I'd basically be robbed at points in the game, fuck it.

Jump to Post

03.18.2012 4:27am

Seelas
I want to go back.

I thought I did everything in this game and I never once ran into Kelly Chambers. Where was she and what was her deal?

Jump to Post

03.18.2012 4:42am

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

Seelas said:

I thought I did everything in this game and I never once ran into Kelly Chambers. Where was she and what was her deal?

She's in the refugee docks.

If you don't tell her ot change her identity, when Cerberus attacks, she is killed off screen.

Jump to Post

03.18.2012 5:07am

Inquisitor
Jericholic V2.0

When does she show up at the docks? 

Jump to Post

03.18.2012 5:11am

Ashilyn
Career GM

SHe's not in teh docks proper, she's in one of the little  areas of the refugee camp in the dock holding area.

Jump to Post

03.18.2012 7:34am

CaButler

The war between the Quarians and the Geth

That one on one with the Reaper was fucking awesome.  Probably the highlight of the game, so far.

As for what happened, I uploaded the code, but was able to perseve the Flotilla at the same time as getting Geth support, so you Quarians owe me big time.

I do like how, despite ignoring Tali, as soon as Shepard got on the horn, everybody stopped to listen.  This is why Shepard is the god damn Commander!

Jump to Post

03.18.2012 12:07pm
 (Edited on 03.18.2012 at 12:16pm)

Zubis
Registered Member

Kelly

won't show up if you didn't "Friendship" her in ME2 - dinner with her is required.

Apparently Bioware are trying to distinguish between Friend and Romance options now. Cortez

will die in the final battle unless you friended up and did most of his cutscenes (helping him get over his husband, etc).

The best thing about the ending to the Quarian and Geth sequence?

Choose Renegade when talking to the Reaper that you've just killed.
Shepard's like "Tell the Reapers I'm...fuck it." *calls down another orbital strike* "I'll tell them myself"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKhwqwAoRVg&t=210

Jump to Post

03.19.2012 2:26am

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Watched my wife logically decide to allow the Geth to have their chance at life, despite knowing what the Quarians were on the verge of costing themselves (seriously, fuck the Quarians in the ass).

That was... exceptionally difficult to watch, actually, despite my sudden blossoming hatred for so much of that society.  Geez.

I want a shirt that says "THE GETH WERE RIGHT".

In lighter Tali news:
Drunk Tali?  Awesome.
Walking in on Tali and Garrus sharing an... intimate moment?  And Tali's dialogue afterwards?  Awesome.  (Though it was like walking in on your little sister making out with your best friend.)

Jump to Post

03.19.2012 2:42am

Sturm
Registered Member

I originally thought it was a Virimire choice and I really appreciated that sequence for it, when I found out there was a way to win that choice I was a little disappointed.

Jump to Post

03.19.2012 3:30am

Cult of Personality
Insert witty remark here.

I didn't have to choose between the Quarians and Geth, but if I had to choose I definitely would've picked the Geth.  The only Quarian I didn't  want to smack in the faceplate with a crowbar (aside from Tali of course) was Korris.  The other three could seriously go fuck themselves, especially Garrel that warmongering asshole.
So very happy I took the oppurtunity to punch him in the gut and tell him to get the hell off my ship.  Paragon or not he's lucky my Shepherd didn't shoot him for blowing up the Geth dreadnaught while I was almost still on it.

The mission to Thessia?  Total downer.  Definitely felt a little depressed after seeing what went down there, 
even after finding out that they had a prothean beacon hidden there for who knows how long.  And what the hell was up with that anyway?  The asari are supposed to be the most advanced race in the galaxy and didn't try activating it?  And even if they couldn't at one point in time, they decide to cover it up with a statue and maybe not ever try again?
 The one upside to this mission?  Taking Javik with you.  He's a wealth of intended/unintended hilarity.

Jump to Post

03.19.2012 3:41am

CaButler

Yeah, Javik is freaking awesome.

I caught him talking with James in the mess hall and he asked Javik for a joke.  He gave on that was really obscure at first, but James pretended to get it.

Except Javik was totally making it up, and James believing it was the joke.  I love this guy.

Jump to Post

03.19.2012 1:26pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

The James/Javik conversation was hilarious.  "No.  I made it up.  That is the joke.  You will fall for anything."

Thessia is the only mission where bringing Javik along feels actually necessary.

Also, to answer CoP's question about the thing in the thing:
Isn't it indicated in the dialogue that the reason the Asari are so far advanced is because of the Beacon, and that hiding it from the rest of the Council races is a pretty serious crime?  Given the amount of secrecy and security around it I thought it was pretty clear that the Asari were taking advantage of it to give them an up over the rest of the Galaxy.
\

Started towards London.  Wife turned around and said, "Are you seriously going to play the end of this game in front of me?"  So now I'm waiting for her to either be gone (doesn't happen often, not with me left at home on my own at least) or for her to finish the game herself while I'm at work.  So in the meantime started up a new run with my Adept.

I forgot how much fun [Pull] + [Throw] or [Warp] is.  Nothing like turning your enemies into living, floating, helpless grenades.

Jump to Post

03.19.2012 3:00pm

CaButler

Well, you shouldn't spoil things for your wife.  She might deny the fun things if you do.

Like your alone time with the game systems.

Jump to Post

03.19.2012 8:55pm

Zubis
Registered Member

Oh my god, I never got how these two side stories clicked.

Joker's sister, the 15 year old from Tiptree?

You know who else came from Tiptree? The PTSD Asari that had to kill a girl that wanted to be a pilot when she grew up...

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 26 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter