Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Role Playing Games

Mists of Pandaria thread

< Prev 1 2 3 Next >

10.06.2012 10:04am
Thread Creator

Som
Genitals are Funny

So who's playing it. be honest! After bashing and laughing at it for so long, i'm almmost embarrassed to say i'm actually playing it, and IMO it's the best xpac so far. Got my shaman to 90 (i have no idea how, im on a pvp server now)
 done a few heroics and a world boss.

And the Pandas look awesome, even considering turning my shaman into one.

SHAMLESS SELF PROMOTION TIME!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3G2lI7bbyY

Jump to Post

10.06.2012 5:40pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

I hate how the Pandaren look, but they're holy shit awesome.
I hate how Pokemon the Pet Battle system is, but holy shit is it fun.
I hate the idea of Farmville making its way into Azeroth, but holy shit I like my farm so much it's the first set of dailies I do ever day.

The only real complaint I've had that's actually not gotten burned away by how awesome MOP is is that I wish we'd gotten Sexy Murlocks/Lizard or Bug or Monkey People for the Alliance/Horde instead of the Pandaren, because they're consistantly more interesting than the big bears.  Also I really want a Pandaren bodytype for human--I'd play a big chubby dude in a heartbeat if he wasn't also a bear.

Jump to Post

10.06.2012 11:36pm

Cult of Personality
Insert witty remark here.

I'm enjoying the expansion much more than I thought I would.  Taking me Retribution Pally through the zones, and I don't really have any complaints about the zones so far.  There was even a questline on the Horde side in Krasarang Wilds that made me a little misty eyed.

Haven't tried the Pet Battle system or the Farming mechanic yet, but I'm looking forward to checking them out.

Jump to Post

10.06.2012 11:50pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Love this expansion so far. Pandaria is way better than the Cata 80-85 zones in quest design, atmosphere, and especially music. Got my blood elf paladin to 90, now working on human DK.

Monk is a ton of fun, too.

And OMG that horde-side quest in Krasarang Wilds. ;_;

Jump to Post

10.07.2012 12:13am
Thread Creator

Som
Genitals are Funny

Has anyone leveld a toon both factions yet? I have an option to level my pally which is horde, but i just don't see there being much of a difference. If i remember right every town i leveled in was both horde and alliance which will mean they will have the same quests.

Jump to Post

10.07.2012 2:25am

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

After Jade Forest, there are a couple of faction-specific towns in the Wilds and the Summit, but other than that it's mostly faction-neutral stuff, which is lame.

Jump to Post

10.07.2012 2:29am

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

The faction stuff is apparently going to be ramped up in 5.1. 5.0 is sort of an introduction to Pandaria as a whole.

Outside of the Jade Forest and Krasarang Wilds, the leveling is pretty similar for both factions.

Jump to Post

10.07.2012 2:47am

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

In case you didn't know--
You can level cooking from 1 to 525 mostly with stuff off the vendor who teaches Pandarian Cooking at Half Hill--I say mostly, because you need a couple Wildfowl Breast, and a bunch of Golden Carp, both of which are fairly easy to farm, and also available on the Paw token vendor right next to her.

Jump to Post

10.08.2012 3:24pm

Lexx
I know how they work

I'm loving MoP.  I'm slowly making my way through Pandaria on my main, I started a Pandaren Monk and currently he's in Westfall.  I really like the class, it's a lot of fun, and that's only Windwalker so far.  Pet battles are ridiculously addictive, too.  And, best of all, I can finally rack up the last wins I need in Tol Barad to get the Master acheivement since my faction controls it and no one goes anymore.  I just sit there on defense for 15 minutes and get the win/honor.

I want to specifically say I think the world designers outdid themselves.  Pandaria itself is beautiful to look at.  The difference between Jade Forest and Mt. Hyjal is like night and day.

Jump to Post

10.08.2012 4:21pm

Ladile
Medic!

Count me in as enjoying MoP as well.  I've been taking my time leveling and enjoying the journey; my priest got 89 the other night and I'm hoping to have her at 90 by the end of the week.  The zone designs are gorgeous, the quests/story entertaining, I love the pet battles, and I actually feel inspired to work seriously on more of my alts.  My monk is only 21 so far, but Windwalker seems fun and I look forward to trying the heal spec once she gets to 30.  I'm even enjoying farming :)

Jump to Post

10.08.2012 4:30pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

All the zones are pretty, but absolutely none of them stand up to the standard Jade Forest sets. The bar gets set real high real early, and not even the gorgeous Vale can match it.

Jump to Post

10.08.2012 4:46pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

I love the Vale, but it's more or less the Crystalsong Forest of this expansion. Not much to do there besides dailies, the two new faction cities, and some instances.

Jump to Post

10.09.2012 1:33pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

I love the Vale, except for that fucking matriarch spider.

Jump to Post

10.09.2012 2:56pm

OrionHardy
Otherworld

So did any of you experience this? : - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-19869466

World of Warcraft cities hacked

Hackers have massacred all the virtual characters in some of online adventure game World of Warcraft's major cities.

They appear to have created a character able to destroy those of other players and those controlled by the game.

Game creator Blizzard Activision has appealed for information, but added: "This exploit has already been hot-fixed, so it should not be repeatable."

Writing in an online forum, Blizzard said it was taking the action "very seriously".

"Earlier today, certain realms were affected by an in-game exploit, resulting in the deaths of player characters and non-player characters in some of the major cities," wrote a representative going by the name of Nethaera, on Sunday.

Olivia Grace, contributing editor of website WoW Insider, said: "It was a significant hack.

"They discovered a method to roll a level-one [beginner] character, which ran to the major cities.

"We don't know exactly what they did, but somehow they were able to kill every single player's character in that city and every single computer controlled character - and they were doing this repeatedly."

Ms Grace said she believed the same hackers had attacked WoW before but not to this extent, with characters being destroyed again after "reincarnation" as is normal within the confines of the game.

Great men aren't everywhere, just where it counts.

If you ever see me online playing Halo, join me please.

Jump to Post

10.09.2012 3:00pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

I was offline, but the ensuing restart and follow-up login server clusterfuck kept me from playing during my afternoon playtime block on Sunday (read: kiddo naptime).

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter