Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Role Playing Games

Mists of Pandaria thread

10.09.2012 4:11pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

I was asleep at the time.

Jump to Post

10.09.2012 7:13pm

Lexx
I know how they work

I didn't experience it, but like reido, I did experience the login mess.

Jump to Post

10.09.2012 10:24pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Oh, in case anyone wants to exchange battletag stuff, I'm Onyx#1244. Feel free to add me.

I've got a 90 Belf Paladin and just got my Human DK to 90 so yay Double Agent Achievement.

Jump to Post

10.10.2012 3:43pm
 (Edited on 10.11.2012 at 3:29pm)

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Fucking champion spawns only dropping BOP gear I either can't, won't, or don't need to use.  I know there's vanity gear on most of them, or at least bags of goodies, but come on--y'all bitches are hard as fuck to kill, spending three deaths on dragging down a level 90 Jinyu just to get some BOP caster leather is fucking obnoxious.  Actually getting rogue gear except that it's significantly worse than what I'm already wearing is even worse.  Naturally on the same night that I lost on the DPS Brewfest trinket three fucking times.  ARGH.

Also I need to set up my Battle Tag thingy, since i'm still using RID only.  JByron#1604

Shaink, level 90 bad motherfucker on Steamwheedle Cartel:

(Oh hey this image auto-updates.)

Jump to Post

10.10.2012 5:30pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

I need to get myself a decent tanking weapon on my DK. Used the Arena Scenario quest reward for the 1H DPS mace for my DW frosty spec.

Need to start getting tanking gear in general. All my stuff is DPS, which is OK for Blood since Blood's pretty overpowered at the moment

Jump to Post

10.11.2012 7:14pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

5.1 PTR notes are up!  Brawler's Guild sounds fun, I'll definitely be hitting that up when it goes live.

And I know I'm in the minority, but more daily quests is always a good thing--esp. with so many of the rewards (pre-5.1, at least) being mainly vanity stuff, you can pick your threshold of how many dailies you can tolerate doing in a sitting and then cherry-pick the ones you like*.

I need to do Townlong Steppes still, it's the only zone I haven't finished.  I'll probably do that tonight, since I have some extra time to play and don't much feel like working on my side projects**.

*(Or in my case, do all of them.  Sometimes it's just nice to have an excuse to play my character in level 90 content that doesn't require queuing up.)
**(Pet leveling to facilitate pet taming for vanity purposes.  Leveling mining, taking that mining bulk and leveling engineering on a different character.  Flying around Windward Island playing Where's Wald--er, looking for Onyx [heh] Eggs and Dark Soil.)

Jump to Post

10.11.2012 8:33pm

Lexx
I know how they work

I've been working so much I've barely had any time to play.  As a result, I've only done Jade Forest and about 3/4 of Valley of the Four Winds.  No dungeons, my professions are going along slowly, and aside from my Monk none of my alts have been touched.  I want to play more ;_;

Jump to Post

10.11.2012 9:13pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

I'd be more fine with the daily quests if:

A. They gave more rep per completion (150 rep per daily? seriously?) or there were other ways of getting rep besides daily quests.

B. Droprates for quest items weren't BC-tier bad. It's bad enough when everyone else is camping quest mobs and that shared credit/drops for quest items don't exist for anything but the "boss" mobs, but not to have 100% drop rate with those conditions causes more camping and more frustration.

People have ridiculous amounts of nostalgia for Burning Crusade because it had some good raids and dungeons. I have to wonder if making the questing in Pandaria essentially BC 2.0 will shake some of that nostalgia, because BC's questing is still horrible because of that.

Jump to Post

10.11.2012 10:15pm

Ladile
Medic!

I'm with Reido, I actually really enjoy daily quests, so the more the merrier in my view.  Hopefully I can hit 90 tonight/tomorrow and actually get started on them...

Brawler's Guild sounds cool and better functionality for pet battles will be awesome!

Jump to Post

10.12.2012 2:02am

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

A is obnoxious but understandable since they're using the rep as a content gate.
B is a complaint I have as well, and is why I don't like the Klaxxi dailies.

Jump to Post

10.12.2012 4:46am
Thread Creator (Edited on 10.14.2012 at 3:01am)

Som
Genitals are Funny

My lvl 90 shaman on Jubei'thos.  Transmogged all my gear to the pvp set, one of the best looking shaman sets IMO.

Battletag is Som#1266 feel free to add me.

EDIT - now my gear is all AQ40 gear, guess my gear will change alot since im addicted to transmog

Jump to Post

10.12.2012 1:36pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

He killed me in self-defense after I took this.

Jump to Post

10.12.2012 4:17pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

reido said:

A is obnoxious but understandable since they're using the rep as a content gate.
B is a complaint I have as well, and is why I don't like the Klaxxi dailies.

B is applying nicely for both Klaxxi and Golden Lotus.

God, I hate the Golden Lotus dailies. It's bad enough that EVERYONE EVER is doing them (one of the things Guild Wars 2 gets 100% right: not making you dread seeing other players since credit is shared among everyone). But it's also a gate rep for August Celestials and Shado-Pan. So you have to do them if you want to get rep for those other two.

On a more positive note, I really love the look of even the green plate sets in Mists. Cata's designs for the more mundane gear was really underwhelming, so this is a nice bump up.

Jump to Post

10.12.2012 4:30pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Yeah, my entire set is green (and a couple blue) quest leather from Dread Wastes.  I have a brown version in my bank, too.  It's a shame the dungeon gear is so ugly.

Jump to Post

10.21.2012 4:31am

ManjiSanji
Insanity Mongoose

Oh yeah, I killed Huggalon earlier today.  Dropped something called, "B. F. F."

By the way, Brewmasters can solo *EVERYTHING*.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter