Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Role Playing Games

Ni No Kuni Review is here! ITS GOOD NEWS!

< Prev 1 2 3 ... 5 Next >

01.16.2013 8:48am
Thread Creator

Scribe
The Taru

I've been posting about this game since it was first announced. I'm a crazy Ghibli fan who got a hard on when I heard they'd be doing the animation for an RPG. I have not had an overwelming experience with RPGs in a long long time and to hear somebody utter the phrase that describes that experience so well :"I didn't want it to end..." Well I'm just fucking smitten!

"I didnâ??t want the game to end. It proved one of those special experiences â?? like Iâ??ve had with Final Fantasy VI, Wild Arms or Tales of Destiny in the past â?? where I didnâ??t want to see the conclusion. I wanted it to keep going. Thatâ??s because Ni No Kuni is just that special, and every RPG fan owes it to him or herself to pick it up and see why."

https://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/15/ni-no-kuni-wrath-of-the-white-witch-review

Jump to Post

01.16.2013 10:52am

Jiro
Registered Member

It both sounds and looks awesome. I've followed this a little bit but man it just, I like what I see. Also way to reference some of my favourite games in that quote; I guess I'm going to love Ni No Kuni :D

Jump to Post

01.16.2013 3:59pm

Aquila
Usually lurking
Administrator

Tried the demo.  While I love the visual I find the design almost too...childish?  The game feels like it was designed for a 5 years old and I'm not sure how I'm gonna get over that.  Guess I'll wait for more reviews.

Jump to Post

01.16.2013 7:03pm

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Being designed for 5 year olds is a vast improvement over being designed for 13 year olds IMO like most jrpgs these days.

But seriously, I'm excited for this, but have a huge backlog before I can get to it. I'm dragging out Lost Odyssey as it is since I don't want it to end.

Jump to Post

01.16.2013 7:16pm
Thread Creator

Scribe
The Taru

Spidey said:

Being designed for 5 year olds is a vast improvement over being designed for 13 year olds IMO like most jrpgs these days.

But seriously, I'm excited for this, but have a huge backlog before I can get to it. I'm dragging out Lost Odyssey as it is since I don't want it to end.

Limed for truth and Lost Odyssey was amazing! I got to the fourth disc and somehow was unable to play it and time got in the way. But I loved the shit ouf that game. It felt like the true FFX to me.

Jump to Post

01.16.2013 7:18pm

Ashilyn
Career GM

I played the demo, and it was a beautiful, beautiful game, but the gameplay bored the hell out of me. The story sounds interesting though, so I'll play it eventually. Just probably not until after some price drops.

Jump to Post

01.16.2013 7:40pm

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

I was originally going to pick this up on launch day but my backlog grew insanely after Christmas so I'll probably wait til a price drop just because.  Either way I'm still stupid excited for this game.  So purdy.

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

01.16.2013 8:59pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

Preordered it, which I don't usually do - usually like to get things cheaper.  But I had $50 to spend on Amazon and couldn't think what else to get, and this way I get a preorder monster-thing :)

Jump to Post

01.17.2013 4:04pm

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

Aquila said:

Tried the demo.  While I love the visual I find the design almost too...childish?  The game feels like it was designed for a 5 years old and I'm not sure how I'm gonna get over that.  Guess I'll wait for more reviews.

I dont mind the more child like setting and probably a breath of fresh air. And while I am always cool with the Dragon Age like setting the other genres try way too hard to target a mature audience (i.e Bro-dues and  excessive profanity in gaming).

Jump to Post

01.17.2013 8:38pm

viator
Registered Member

This game is doing the JRPG genre justice.

dissidia.net

Jump to Post

01.22.2013 5:07pm
Thread Creator

Scribe
The Taru

I can't pick it up for a few weeks :( Anyone playing it yet? How is it (no spoilers)?

Jump to Post

01.22.2013 11:36pm

Darth Howie
Darthpool
Administrator

God this game is gorgeous. The music and the artwork are utterly mind-blowing. This is the kind of game I love to get lost in. Don't let the demo fool you, this game is DEEP.  The amount of tutorials you have to go through is immense and I'm only starting to get a grasp for how much customization there is in the character system and how much depth there is in the battle system. I think I'm going to love this game.

Woe unto he who tries to be helpful, for upon him shall be lain the burdens of all.

- Squall 15:11

Jump to Post

01.22.2013 11:48pm

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

Im 2 hours in and already in love.

Buggle Up! Danger! Danger! (Genocide!) Death the Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!

Jump to Post

01.23.2013 1:05am

Colinp42
Registered Member

Mine hasn't even shipped yet from amazon. Sure, chose free shipping, but this has never happened before :(

Jump to Post

01.23.2013 1:16am

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

I forgot to preorder from amazon so I grabbed my copy from best buy on my way home from my parents house.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 ... 5 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter