Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Role Playing Games

Ni No Kuni Review is here! ITS GOOD NEWS!

01.23.2013 2:36am

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

It looks really good and also very unique. I will play is game.

Jump to Post

01.23.2013 2:42am

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

Just started playing it.  My god, this game is gorgeous!

Jump to Post

01.23.2013 3:00am

Amer
pew pew pew

Went to 3 different places today and none of them had it. Wound up ordering off Amazon.

Jump to Post

01.25.2013 3:33pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

Mine should be arriving today...but now not sure if I can make myself finish AC:Brotherhood before diving into this!!!

Jump to Post

01.25.2013 10:33pm

Darth Howie
Darthpool
Administrator

Ni No Kuni has the best soundtrack I've heard in a game in years. Joe Hisaishi is a god. It's just a shame that the worst track in the game is the battle theme. It's not a bad battle theme, but it's a little slow-paced for my taste.  But my god, the field music and the emotional themes are extraordinary.

Woe unto he who tries to be helpful, for upon him shall be lain the burdens of all.

- Squall 15:11

Jump to Post

01.26.2013 5:02pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

I've been looking for this game and can't find it anywhere. Is it not released yet in the US?

Jump to Post

01.26.2013 5:39pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Might have to order it online. It's definitely out in the States.

Jump to Post

01.26.2013 5:47pm

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

damn this game is hard. Im going to have to grind a bit to beat the boss im on now. 

Buggle Up! Danger! Danger! (Genocide!) Death the Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!

Jump to Post

01.26.2013 6:29pm

Crux
A mental Dentist's office

Yes, I've heard that it's difficulty curve was hard early on, but it's supposed to become easier once you can command the other characters to defend.

Jump to Post

01.27.2013 4:34am

Darth Howie
Darthpool
Administrator

I wouldn't say the game is hard so much as widly unbalanced. The last area I finished had standard enemies that were routinely knocking out at least one of my party members each fight, but I pounded the boss into a fine paste with little difficulty.

Jump to Post

01.27.2013 12:21pm

viator
Registered Member

I'm eating myself for not ordering the Wizard's edition when I could get it for like $50.

Now I'm just debating whether I want to preorder it just to support this game. Otherwise, it could wait.

dissidia.net

Jump to Post

01.27.2013 4:36pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

I found a copy yesterday and I'm three hours in. This game is...impressive to say the least.

I can't get over how beautiful it is. It's breathtaking. The music is also A+.

Jump to Post

01.27.2013 6:43pm

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Well looks like another title to add to my gigantrous backlog!

Jump to Post

01.27.2013 7:54pm
 (Edited on 01.27.2013 at 9:08pm)

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

I would consider pulling it to the front. Ni no Kuni has "instant classic" written all over it.

Jump to Post

01.28.2013 5:53am

Darth Howie
Darthpool
Administrator

It shocks me how little I care about how badly balanced this game is. If I weren't so completely engaged in this world, its characters, and its aesthetics, I probably would find the game to be hopelessly average. If I were to graft its gameplay onto something with the writing and aesthetic of say Blue Dragon (which has VASTLY superior gameplay and a VASTLY inferior story and cast), this game would be a disaster. But the Ghibli stuff works. It just works. It has the same compulsive "be a hero, dammit" vibe that Xenoblade had, even though Xenoblade had vastly superior gameplay (and far fewer annoyances). I'm milking the hell out of every quest. I'm listening to the soundtrack when I drive around. It's one of those weird games that succeeds despite failing.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter