Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Role Playing Games

Ni No Kuni Review is here! ITS GOOD NEWS!

01.28.2013 7:39pm

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Atma Weapon said:

I would consider pulling it to the front. Ni no Kuni has "instant classic" written all over it.

Can't put it in front of The Walking Dead, which everyone on here has been raving as game of the year. Don't worry I have jumped it up to 2nd on the priority list though as you said i'm sure I will find it amazing :)

Jump to Post

01.28.2013 7:56pm

Darth Howie
Darthpool
Administrator

The only reason I'd consider putting Ni No Kuni ahead of Walking Dead is availability. Walking Dead is downloadable. Ni No Kuni is a hard to find game already.

Walking Dead is the superior experience, but I'm not worried about it going anywhere.

Woe unto he who tries to be helpful, for upon him shall be lain the burdens of all.

- Squall 15:11

Jump to Post

01.29.2013 7:11pm

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

I'll buy Ni No Kuni now and play it later :)

And everything is downloadable to me. Still going to buy the game, but if I couldn't find the game to buy, no harm in pirating what I can't buy anyway.

Jump to Post

01.30.2013 5:03am
Thread Creator

Scribe
The Taru

It's avail on the PSN store full game download. I just got it and god damn it's beautiful!

Jump to Post

01.30.2013 5:48am

Amer
pew pew pew

Beautiful game. Played about an hour and a half tonight. The actual game mechanics are interesting but nothing groundbreaking. Mostly everything is just very high polished JRPG. 

But the world and the charm are something else. Haven't felt like playing a JRPG since probably FFIX or Tales of Symphonia. 

Jump to Post

01.30.2013 5:39pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

I'm not sure if it's just the art style and animation quality, but I find this world extremely immersive. I'm doing side quests, not just as a chore for the payoff, but just because enjoy hanging out there.

Jump to Post

02.01.2013 5:06pm

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

Maybe I just suck at this game, but I am having trouble with basic enemies, but blow the crap out of bosses. o.o

Buggle Up! Danger! Danger! (Genocide!) Death the Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!

Jump to Post

02.02.2013 12:40am
Thread Creator

Scribe
The Taru

I don't see how people can say this game doesn't do anything different. I've found a bunch of small things that I think were innovative and needed in the jrpg realm. Granted I don't play a lot of jrpgs unless they are titans such as Ni No Kuni, but I don't recall ever seeing some of these features. For one, the ability to buy 3 swords for 3 different characters and immediately be asked if I want to equip them and getting to choose up to 3 of those swords just bought to be equipped. That makes it less of a pain in the ass to sell the old equipment. The rest are spoilers.

Clowd Cole said:

Maybe I just suck at this game, but I am having trouble with basic enemies, but blow the crap out of bosses. o.o

You're under leveled. You might be having an easier time with bosses because of the yellow glibs dropping more frequent. As soon as I got into Mr Drippy's world I leveled to 4 which was a grind. Doing that has ,thus far (Just got ability to open green boxes), set me on pace for the mob curves. Also if you do the quests asking for specific mobs or attempt to collect all species of familiar you will have no trouble making level grinding more entertaining.

Jump to Post

02.02.2013 3:05am

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

For me, this game dropped out of nowhere as of last week. Hmm, I thought, it sounds like a dream team RPG like Chrono Trigger was. I preordered it, but have not purchased it yet because I had just found The Last Story special edition new, so I had to snatch it up. I will be looking at this one as soon as I get the chance. I sure was not expecting a big budget RPG at this time of year. I will have to change that assumption, because last year I spent months on FF XIII-2, which was a vastly superior game to the first.

Jump to Post

02.03.2013 1:50am

Nelfichu
I've been there, hombre.

Only a few hours in, but I'm digging it so far. I'd hate to be a kid playing this game, though; all the tutorials and everything that gets dumped on your lap in the first hour might be overwhelming, not to mention the difficulty curve.

Jump to Post

02.03.2013 2:03am

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

Drop Mite quick. He sucks.

I picked up that cat thing in the 3rd area of teh overworld.

Give the thief guy your little lemer when you get him because he rocks with him.

Also little bighorn from the vocano. <3

Doing those 4 things has really imprvoed my survivablity.

Jump to Post

02.03.2013 4:41am

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

Mite is a good tank in certain situations.

However, I just finished the volcano and I admit I haven't used him much in a while.

Jump to Post

02.03.2013 9:55pm
Thread Creator

Scribe
The Taru

I've heard a bunch of mixed things when it comes to which familiar is best. My Mite is actually the best performer out of the 40 something I currently have. I concentrated on feeding him attack+ sweets and he's a beast. The penguin does some pretty sweet AoE damage as well.

Jump to Post

02.03.2013 11:35pm

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

Mite is an awful tank in compared to monlith.

Jump to Post

02.04.2013 4:56am
Thread Creator

Scribe
The Taru

Tin Man is my current tank and he's a champ. Hits like a wuss though.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter