Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Role Playing Games

Skyrim

< Prev 1 2 3 4 Next >

08.29.2012 4:54pm
Thread Creator

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

The new DLC for Skyrim has been announced: Hearthfire.

I'm intrigued by the amount of options that we'll be given to build a home, but it doesn't seem nearly as customizable or unique as the trailer makes it out to be. Everyone will just build the biggest options, fill it with the same stuff and...yeah a new home. On the other hand, it would be nice to see where the plots of land will be. There are a few locations I wouldn't mind putting a home, to cut down on fast travelling or just for convenience. The adoption part? No thanks. Killing friendly-neighbourhood giants seems like something that will just get really annoying.

Is anyone still playing? I haven't grabbed Dawnguard yet, but I will eventually. The extra content just isn't enough of a draw for me to want to jump back into the game/

Jump to Post

08.29.2012 5:02pm

OrionHardy
Otherworld

Can't see that being very popular with PC crowd, not with the amount of Player made home mods that already exist, unless this just for the X box, and it's some mod that taken and tarted up a bit.

Great men aren't everywhere, just where it counts.

If you ever see me online playing Halo, join me please.

Jump to Post

08.29.2012 5:41pm

Sam Biscuits
Custard Creams

As a PS3 owner I'd be happy just to get Dawnguard at this point.  Ridiculous.  I've started playing Oblivion again just as something to do until Dawnguard is out.  Tried Fallout 3, thought it was rubbish.  

Where's my Dawnguard Bethesda?!!!

Jump to Post

08.29.2012 5:44pm

The Joker
Infernal Spawn of Evil

I have like 415 hours on my save and I think Hearthfire looks stupid.

Jump to Post

08.29.2012 9:13pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

I think I would find this fun, but I wouldn't want to pay for it.  I will probably buy Dawnguard (if it ever comes out for PS3).  I did just tell a coworker about this who hasn't even finished Skyrim yet - she's like one of those people who spends summer outdoors - and she was really psyched.

Jump to Post

08.29.2012 10:24pm

Som
Genitals are Funny

ave it on PC. Got dawnguard and enjoyed it. I won't be getting this thoiugh. Already have a few house mods, this looks stupid compared.

Jump to Post

08.29.2012 10:30pm
 (Edited on 08.29.2012 at 10:42pm)

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

400 Microsoft points, so it'll probably be $5 when it hits Steam. But yeah, I think I'll pass on this one. If you're on PC like I am, there's already a ton of mods â?? good ones at that â?? that let you build your own home in the country.

Speaking of mods, being on PC and Dawnguard, if you're going to play, this mod is essential AFAIC. It disables those fucking retarded vampire attacks that can wipe out the entire population of towns and cities before you can even intervene.

Also, where's the DLC that will let me go after those Thalmor bitches, Bethesda? Come on, guys.

Jump to Post

08.30.2012 1:38am

Dr Squirrel
medicine woman

There's a mod that already does nearly every single thing in that trailer, except for adopting kids.

trust me, i'm a doctor

Jump to Post

08.30.2012 5:40am

KyleIII
Registered Member

I put almost fifty hours into Skyrim less than two months ago, and I've honestly got to say it's one of the most forgettable games I've ever played. I can't think of a single quest, location, character, or anything that struck me as interesting. It's all just a blur of running through caverns, slicing up zombies, sifting through boring loot, and genociding bandits.

Jump to Post

09.01.2012 12:09pm
Thread Creator

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

Colinp42 said:

I think I would find this fun, but I wouldn't want to pay for it.  I will probably buy Dawnguard (if it ever comes out for PS3).  I did just tell a coworker about this who hasn't even finished Skyrim yet - she's like one of those people who spends summer outdoors - and she was really psyched.

Dawnguard may never reach the PS3...

Jump to Post

09.01.2012 12:28pm

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

KyleIII said:

I put almost fifty hours into Skyrim less than two months ago, and I've honestly got to say it's one of the most forgettable games I've ever played. I can't think of a single quest, location, character, or anything that struck me as interesting. It's all just a blur of running through caverns, slicing up zombies, sifting through boring loot, and genociding bandits.
Yup.
I put far more hours into it, but I actually stopped playing it a few times and I have only recently finished the main quests only because I don't like to leave games unfinished.
Bland, bland, bland; and now that I have gone back to Oblivion, it seems even blander; it might be that I'm a girl and I like colorful fantasies (I was accused of that in another site for liking Oblivion better), but in Skyrim everyone was sad, dirty and looked downright cold, the cities where bland and all very similar looking, the frozen tundra didn't help either, I cannot tell you guys how many times my husband looked into the screen when I was trekking on the snow and asked me why was I playing in black and white.
The only place I liked was Blackreach.

I may buy a Special Edition in the future with all the DLCs included, but they have to improve said DLCs, I hear Dawnguard sucks and now this one apparently is boring and pointless.

Jump to Post

09.01.2012 12:54pm

Som
Genitals are Funny

Dawnguard sucks? I enjoyed it <.<

Jump to Post

09.01.2012 3:04pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

Big Tall said:

Dawnguard may never reach the PS3...

Yeah, I had heard that. No biggie as far as I'm concerned. I have plenty other games to play!

Jump to Post

09.01.2012 6:31pm

OrionHardy
Otherworld

My biggest problem is that the dragons don't feel like the big threat they are supposed to be, The fact that I have to more cautious of the giants is a bad sign.

Jump to Post

09.01.2012 7:31pm

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

Dawnguard's perfectly enjoyable as long as you get that mod that disables the random vampire attacks that kill whole towns. (PC only, 360 players are SOL).

As for Skyrim's setting being bland ... ahh, no. I think Morrowind's world is still better, but Skyrim's still has far more personality than boring ass Oblivion's forest ... fucking ... everywhere. Also, at least in Skyrim I can tell the damn cities apart!

Not to mention gameplay-wise that Skyrim fixed most of what was absolutely dreadful about Oblivion's leveling system. (Morrowind's leveling was pretty bad too but since there was no level scaling at all it didn't really matter after a while.)

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 4 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter