Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Role Playing Games

Skyrim

10.14.2012 10:14am
Thread Creator

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

OrionHardy said:

Just a quick question, is there anything on Skyrim I should do before completing the main storyline? I want to get through that before Halo 4 comes out, but I don't want to miss out on anything big.

Just as in Oblivion, the Dark Brotherhood questline is fantastic and should definitely be gone through. The quest to get the Black Star can be a game changer depending on how early you do it. The Daedric quests are a must I would say, as is the Silver Hand questline. I'd add the Theives Guild to that as well, if for no other reason than the kick-ass gear you get.

Jump to Post

10.14.2012 10:59am

OrionHardy
Otherworld

Okay thanks, but I did mean is there any quests that are no longer doable if I complete the main storyline, or does it become impossible to get more souls and/or shouts if I do?

Great men aren't everywhere, just where it counts.

If you ever see me online playing Halo, join me please.

Jump to Post

10.14.2012 11:01am

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

Re: after main storyline:

Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
No, you can still fight dragons and get shouts even after the main storyline is finished.

Jump to Post

10.14.2012 12:38pm
Thread Creator

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

^What he said.

There aren't any quests I'm aware of that you can't do after the main storyline.

Jump to Post

10.17.2012 10:01am

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

So, there might possibly be a third DLC around the corner, from people who have explored the files from the latest Skyrim patch. Possibly called "Dragonborn," it features new armor types, takes place in the same place that the Morrowind expansion Bloodmoon took place in, could feature the return of Umbra, and last but certainly not least, the possibility of dragon mounts.

The account this video is from had a pretty decent track record aboout predicting DLC content from Dawnguard and Hearthfire, too, so it's worth checking out:

Jump to Post

10.17.2012 10:30pm

Sam Biscuits
Custard Creams

If it's true then I'm jealous of Xbox gamers and disappointed with Bethesda. A third DLC before the release of the first DLC for PS3 owners? Shows where priorities lie. I always thought Bethesda were like Valve, a studio with integrity, basically the opposite of what EA represent in the industry. Guess not. Shame too as I've been really looking forward to playing the DLC's.

Jump to Post

10.18.2012 12:01am

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

Sam Biscuits said:

If it's true then I'm jealous of Xbox gamers and disappointed with Bethesda. A third DLC before the release of the first DLC for PS3 owners? Shows where priorities lie. I always thought Bethesda were like Valve, a studio with integrity, basically the opposite of what EA represent in the industry. Guess not. Shame too as I've been really looking forward to playing the DLC's.

Apparently there is issue with the DLC for PS3, Bethesda has always had issues making game work correctly with PS3.

Buggle Up! Danger! Danger! (Genocide!) Death the Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!

Jump to Post

10.18.2012 12:29am

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

Yeah, the PS3 versions of Oblivion and both modern Fallouts were also, by far, the worst. Guess however Bethesda writes their code, it just doesn't translate well to that platform.

Jump to Post

10.18.2012 2:09am

Indiana Jerico
Sinfully Delicious v2
Administrator

Also, from what I understand, making a DLC available for a system has to be approved by the system? Maybe Sony is doing something that's delaying the process?

===

"Plans? What plans? I'm making this up as I go!"

Jump to Post

10.19.2012 12:00pm

Som
Genitals are Funny

Well if the DLC just doesn't work, make sense Sony would say no to it.

Jump to Post

10.19.2012 10:08pm

Sam Biscuits
Custard Creams

Apparently Dawnguard doesn't perform "as anticipated" on PS3. Bethesda have said that it could perform perfectly well for most people but wouldn't for some, and they didn't want to realise a potentially substandard product. Quite ironic considering the many glitches often of game breaking severity normally seen in their games. I'm more than willing to put up with glitches for more Skyrim action.

Jump to Post

10.20.2012 2:56am

Colinp42
Registered Member

Right. So how bad must it be for them to say that?! I had already given up hope of Skyrim DLC. Spend the funds I had earmarked.

Jump to Post

11.14.2012 11:24pm

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

Aaaaaaaand, the third expansion is now confirmed, and it is indeed called Dragonborn, does indeed take place in Solstheim and does indeed feature dragon riding.

Dec. 4 on 360. Assumably, if the pattern from the first two expansions holds, the Steam version will be out about a month after.

Jump to Post

11.15.2012 3:35pm

Sam Biscuits
Custard Creams

I thought Microsoft only had timed exclusive on the first two DLC's? Or is it that Bethesda are so far in bed with Microsoft, everyone else might as well not bother purchasing their products anymore.

Jump to Post

11.15.2012 8:45pm

The Joker
Infernal Spawn of Evil

If they're gonna have the expansion take place outside of Skyrim it might've been more interesting to use an area that doesn't have more or less the same climate, but eh, I'll take it.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter