Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Role Playing Games

Square Enix Forced All Staff to Play Super Mario RPG

< Prev 1 2 Next >

03.09.2013 12:43am
Thread Creator

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

https://www.p4rgaming.com/?p=1507

One employee recommended that ??the tutorial should be longer and mandatory? after they could not figure out how to do timed hits despite beating the entire game

And that my friends, explains everything that's been going on with Square Enix about the type of employees working there.

Jump to Post

03.09.2013 1:09am

Zubis
Registered Member

There's no source to this. I googled it and this is the only site that mentions it?

Jump to Post

03.09.2013 1:35am

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

This story is humorous to me.

Jump to Post

03.09.2013 1:40am
Thread Creator

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

So it appears its a satire blog and I thought it was real. Heh

Jump to Post

03.09.2013 2:16am

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

It had to be satire. You really think SE upper managment thinks that going back to classic RPGs would fix issue. No they think we need more mobile games.

Buggle Up! Danger! Danger! (Genocide!) Death the Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!

Jump to Post

03.09.2013 4:00am

Crusader
Not Even My Dad Hit Me

I want this story to be real.

Jump to Post

03.09.2013 4:50am

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

Squeenix's staff is so incompetent that the satire fulfills Poe's Law easily.

Jump to Post

03.09.2013 2:39pm

Free Spirit
Zetta Member

Clowd Cole said:

It had to be satire. You really think SE upper managment thinks that going back to classic RPGs would fix issue. No they think we need more mobile games.

Actually that satire is closer to truth than you might think.

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2013/03/square-enix-ditches-social-games-decides-to-focus-on-epic-and-famous-consumer-games-instead/

Hopefully this is a sign of a better SE for tomorrow.

(I'm actually amazed this hasn't been posted anywhere on here yet. We really are behind the times with FF info nowadays...)

Jump to Post

03.09.2013 3:16pm

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

Yeah, I thought it was pretty obvious it was a satire after I read a few lines of it.  Either that or humanity really had gone to shit.  Oh wait...

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

03.09.2013 3:22pm
 (Edited on 03.09.2013 at 3:58pm)

Zubis
Registered Member

(I'm actually amazed this hasn't been posted anywhere on here yet. We really are behind the times with FF info nowadays...)

I didn't post it because SE suck at social games, know it and are trying to move on.

• Their In-App-Purchases in games are ridiculously over-priced or forced. (Theatrhythm)
  • Their games on iOS and Google Play are twice or three times the price of any other game on the store (Demon's Score, Final Fantasy III), despite the fact most of them are remakes or ports of 20 year old games.
  • Their social networking accounts (Twitter in particular) have never - ever - replied to anyone who tweets to them. Look at the difference between EA and SE - while EA fuck up on a regular basis (Mass Effect 3, Sim City), their social media is legendary. They replied to all of my tweets on Mass Effect 3 in a professional yet friendly way. SE are releasing a new FFXI expansion in 3 weeks and have yet to put it on sale anywhere - and won't reply to anyone who asks them when it is going to go on sale.

You'll notice they didn't say anything about Final Fantasy games in that article, and there's a good reason for that. Their American publishing branch - essentially Eidos - has seen remarkable success in the last two years.  Tomb Raider, Sleeping Dogs, Quantum Conundrum and Deux Ex were great successes, and Thief and Legacy of Kain seem to be upcoming games. That's what they're going to focus on.

Square-Enix != Final Fantasy. At least not anymore.

Jump to Post

03.09.2013 3:39pm

Free Spirit
Zetta Member

American publishing-side of Square-Enix is gold, you say?  You know what that means, right? Mystic Quest 2!

Jump to Post

03.09.2013 3:59pm

Zubis
Registered Member

https://www.facebook.com/SquareEnix

See for yourself.

Jump to Post

03.09.2013 4:09pm

amaron
No answer, must be that deaf bitch.

Free Spirit said:

American publishing-side of Square-Enix is gold, you say?  You know what that means, right? Mystic Quest 2!

My 12 year old self liked Mystic Quest.

Jump to Post

03.09.2013 4:17pm

Free Spirit
Zetta Member

My 30-year-old self still likes Mystic Quest. It's quick, simple fun with a great soundtrack. I was only being half-sarcastic with that statement, heh.

Jump to Post

03.09.2013 10:21pm

FenixDown
The King's orders are absolute

I would play Mystic Quest 2. So long as it's not an episodic iOS game where you'd have to pay to level up your party members or upgrade your weapons.

Let's Play Chrono Trigger
Let's Play The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past
Let's Play Final Fantasy VI

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter