Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Role Playing Games

The Game of Thrones RPG

05.11.2012 6:06pm
Thread Creator

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

Yes, it's a licensed game... but you'd actually be surprised that it isn't a licensed game of the TV series, but of the book series.

At least, that's what these guys say in a behind the scenes feature.

Say what you will about how the game looks, but at the very least, the developers are trying to make it fit within the universe, and apparently GRRM was quite involved with the project, too.

And here's a gameplay demo.  Seems Dragon Age-ish (which the publisher admits having similarities to).

Jump to Post

05.11.2012 6:15pm
 (Edited on 05.11.2012 at 6:25pm)

Testament
Shamshot

I have assumed this game will turn out ass, but it definitely has the potential to prove me wrong.

Jump to Post

05.12.2012 12:53am

Amer
pew pew pew

I have to admit that I have it preordered. Even if it turns out mediocre, the fan boy in my can't say no. 

I mean, hell I 100%ed Gundam: Journey to Jabruo just b/c I liked Gundam that much.......

Jump to Post

05.12.2012 1:10am

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Still looks like shit, but maybe this is the first game from that studio that will turn out well.

Jump to Post

05.12.2012 2:25am

Ashilyn
Career GM

Onyx said:

Still looks like shit, but maybe this is the first game from that studio that will turn out well.

It took them a few tries to get it right, but eventaully Cyanide turned out a good Blown Bowl game. That's about it.

CaButler said:

Yes, it's a licensed game... but you'd actually be surprised that it isn't a licensed game of the TV series, but of the book series.

The deal was announced, like... four? years ago? before the TV show ever existed, so I'm not surprised. They did get some of the TV assets in the game, from what I remember hearing, but not enough to really make it based on the game.

Anyway, it still looks like an even more generic ripoff of Dragon Age (even down to the combat system), which is hilarious because Dragon Age is basically a slightly more generic dark fantasy story in teh vein of A Song of Fire and Ice. Everything goes in circles, huh? I don't really expect much out of it, but I'll at least try it.

Jump to Post

05.12.2012 2:32am

Tristan
Just Giv'r

Yup, I want it to be good buuuuuttttt we shall see. 7 years dev time could easily go the wrong way.

Jump to Post

03.05.2013 4:40pm

greendog
soy barba

I have it, I think i played it once. Really not a fan of the control system.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter