Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Role Playing Games

The Last Story

< Prev 1 2 Next >

08.15.2012 3:52am
Thread Creator

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

Anyone picked it up yet? Its it awesome?

Buggle Up! Danger! Danger! (Genocide!) Death the Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!

Jump to Post

08.15.2012 4:28am

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

I have a release date for the 16th, which is in two days (at the time of this posting).  Given my current location, I suspect that I won't be getting it until Sunday.

Jump to Post

08.15.2012 6:51am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Crono's beaten it and has his impressions here 

https://www.ffsociety.com/forums/f11/The_Last_Story_445

Jump to Post

08.15.2012 7:45am

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

Three new reviews have popped up from EGM, Destructoid, and Game Informer all scoring 7/10, 4/10, and 6/10. Not very encoutraging looks like the key complaints is the lack of polish, exploration, linarity, the latter two being an issue since the game takes place in one area. There's also some technical problems as well. Also the combat apparently isn't well implamented.

Jump to Post

08.15.2012 9:59am

Murasame
HALE YEAH

I gave up on it. It's not very good, it's over dramatic, and it looks kinda shitty. On the plus side: you can change everyone's clothes!

Menu complaints as well, because that is a thing that is becoming a pretty big issue lately. Why are RPG menus getting so shit?

Jump to Post

08.15.2012 2:10pm

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

It is a fairly linear game but not so much so.  You have optional missions 2-3 times in the game that come in pairs.  It doesn't just take place in one area.  You have a fairly large hub city that you spend time between missions for most of the game and for about 1/4 of the game you're on a boat instead.  Mission locations vary quite a bit but are cut fom your standard RPG affair, although I wasn't expecting a haunted house in this one.  Combat I can see being hit and miss for people but I enjoyed it mostly.  I wouldn't pay $50 for the game personally, but there aren't many games that I would these days.  I'd give it a 7.5/10 personally.

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

08.16.2012 7:19pm

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

I'll probably play it after I beat Suikoden 3, though it still hasn't arrived in the mail yet.

Jump to Post

08.19.2012 12:19am

FenixDown
The King's orders are absolute

My copy arrived in the mail today, but I don't know when I'll be able to really sit down and play it. I barely even touched Xenoblade and I got that on release day.

Let's Play Chrono Trigger
Let's Play The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past
Let's Play Final Fantasy VI

Jump to Post

08.20.2012 3:18pm

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

I was able to give it a couple of hours yesterday.  I turned the auto-battle off, but for the most part, I enjoyed it.

Jump to Post

08.20.2012 3:48pm

Darth Howie
Darthpool
Administrator

I'm more or less loving it, though elements of it feel very work-in-progress and the town exploration is so pointless they shouldn't have even bothered.  It helps to play with the classic control for finer camera control and to use manual attack.  Jim Sterling's review is garbage.  He likes to be contrary for the sake of being contrary.  I think there WILL be a degree of love it or hate it about the game, since it is more or less a strat action RPG with more in common gameplay-wise with Tales of the Abyss, Growlanser, and Gears of War than with Final Fantasy. 

Woe unto he who tries to be helpful, for upon him shall be lain the burdens of all.

- Squall 15:11

Jump to Post

08.21.2012 2:54pm

Shadow
Comes and goes like the wind...

I just started it last night, I only had time to play the first 25 minutes, looking to sink some more time into it this week.

Jump to Post

09.08.2012 12:38am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

I think after I play this (i finally gave it a spin for 20 mins, it's pretty fun so far, liking the characters) I'll hit up Lost Oddysey.

Jump to Post

09.16.2012 7:13pm

SuperSquall
Shortening His Posts

I'm about 3 hours in and I'm having a pretty good time.  The characters have been a highlight thus far.  Not digging the narrator as much, but that's okay.

Jump to Post

09.19.2012 9:13pm

Shadow
Comes and goes like the wind...

Relatively spoiler free coments from someone who beat it:

I ended up enjoying it, I have my complaints about the story (the payoff wasn't as good as the build up), but twas overall enjoyable. The gameplay was very good, and the having an interesting strategy for every boss battle was a bit part in making the game always feel interesting, even if some of them were frustrating to figure out.

I'd definitely recommend it to any FF fan who doens't have trouble going back and playing PS2 games, the whole experience kind of feels like a cross between FFXII and Crisis Core to me (which I consider a good thing).

Jump to Post

09.20.2012 11:22pm

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

I'm about two hours in and loving it so far as well. This one's got me hooked right off the bat. I'm with supersquall that the characters ar ethe highlight here. I also enjoy the battles.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter