Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Role Playing Games

"Torchlight II"

< Prev 1 2 Next >

09.21.2012 8:16am
Thread Creator

Indiana Jerico
Sinfully Delicious v2
Administrator

Anyone getting it? I wanna get it bad but I have soo many games on backlog it's not even funny. :(

Also, an IAMA from the Runic team, in case anyone's interested.

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/105md1/we_are_the_runic_games_dev_team_creators_of/

===

"Plans? What plans? I'm making this up as I go!"

Jump to Post

09.21.2012 1:30pm

TheheirofGondor
Registered Member

I have it and have played all of 5 minutes of it, I am also pysched to play more.

Jump to Post

09.21.2012 1:40pm

Kal
yes

Seing as I've all but given up on D3 around 1.04, I'm very excited about this. I guess it'll fill the arpg slot while I wait for Grim Dawn.

Jump to Post

09.21.2012 4:01pm

Milky Ore
Kickin' it old school

Also looking forward to playing this.  Won't get it immediately at launch, work is too busy... but within the month for sure.

Jump to Post

09.21.2012 5:54pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

I skipped the first game for some reason, but definitely want to pick up this one once I've had my fill of Borderlands 2. The reviews have been stellar.

Jump to Post

09.22.2012 3:58am

Amer
pew pew pew

I have the first one and only made it about halfway through it. I was only playing Single Player and honestly I need motivation to keep dungeon crawling and the story wasn't doing it for me. 

Otherwise it felt just like Diablo 1. Big huge random dungeon below a tiny little town, with town portals and scrolls of identify. The random warp dungeons you get were interesting sometimes, but in the end I just got burnt out on it really quick. 

I like Diablo 3 because i feels like I'm progressing the story and myself and not just slogging through the next random dungeon. I did like the amount of customization in the first Torchlight, but it obviously wasn't enough to keep me playing. 

At $20 it's not bad, but I'm guessing it's basically a Diablo 2 clone like the first was of original Diablo? Do I still have to buy TP's and Scrolls of Identify? Is there any resemblance of a decent story to keep me going? 

Jump to Post

09.22.2012 1:21pm

Som
Genitals are Funny

i got it. made a outlander, then made an engineer to play with a mate till he gets to the level of my outlander. great so far but borderlands 2 is also calling me

Jump to Post

09.22.2012 6:28pm

Dr Squirrel
medicine woman

this game is amazing but is it really the year of our lord 2012 and we still don't have respec options

trust me, i'm a doctor

Jump to Post

09.22.2012 10:41pm

Milky Ore
Kickin' it old school

^ I'm sure it'll be modded in, though.

Jump to Post

09.23.2012 3:35am

Som
Genitals are Funny

technicly you can respec, but only the last 3 points you spent. And yeah as Milky said it'll be modded in, i'm actually surprised it hasn't been done already.

What i really want, and it will probably happen, is this game to be put on the steam workshop.

Jump to Post

09.23.2012 4:15am

Milky Ore
Kickin' it old school

Think it's already confirmed.  I creamed my pants when I heard.  :D

Jump to Post

09.23.2012 4:36am
 (Edited on 09.23.2012 at 5:38am)

Lord Snow
Super Lurker

If you want to enable the console and spawn a respec potion, it takes about 30 seconds to fix =)

As far as I've tested, enabling the console and creating a respec potion and using that to reset your points doesn't flag your character in any way for multiplayer. 

If you use the console to 'force' your skillpoints to reset, that WILL add a little red ! next to your name during multiplayer sessions but otherwise seems to have no detrimental effects. 

Edit: Apparently it's still up in the air whether the character gets flagged or not. Through a lot of testing with multiple characters, I had some spawn the respec potion, drink it and some characters not do it and asked people in online games whether or not my account was flagged and the answer always came back negative. 

Browsing other forums, some people say they DO get flagged, some people say they don't so use at your own risk :)

Jump to Post

09.23.2012 7:22am

Dr Squirrel
medicine woman

i mean it's awesome but

identify scrolls too?  really?

and stat points just feel so dated, there only ends up being one right spec and every other conceivable allocation is wrong

Jump to Post

09.23.2012 10:10pm
Thread Creator

Indiana Jerico
Sinfully Delicious v2
Administrator

Whelp, just bought it. Installing as we speak!

===

"Plans? What plans? I'm making this up as I go!"

Jump to Post

09.25.2012 7:32am

Milky Ore
Kickin' it old school

Got mine today as well.  Played a good 2-3 hours... and it's fucking fantastic.  I think I'll be play this for a while. :D

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter