Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Role Playing Games

(<.<) Hmm (>.>) a Bravely Default thread should be here

02.19.2014 11:18am

Blue Storm
Original FFO Member

Rebuild the Norende accessory shop to level 9 and buy a Growth Egg from a save game guy, do the Conjurer side quest to get its astrix and level it up on someone to 9 and equip Obliterate to someone (its 4 slots but you don't need any other skills), turn encounters up to +100% and walk around Florem Gardens. If you are a high enough level you will instant kill any enemies you fight and even the minor enemy packs will give you over 500 jp (the groups of little sprout guys will give you 999jp) with the growth egg and the fact Obliterate will get you the bonus battle perks for winning in the first turn.

Once you leveled up all jobs you can start messing around with combinations and you can find some to make the Chapter 7 boss combinations pretty easy.

Though they are worth doing if only for the cut scenes.
Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
My fav is the utterly evil Victoria trying to make a Womens club but only 2 other women joining. Its actually pretty sweet and funny.

Jump to Post

02.19.2014 4:20pm
 (Edited on 02.19.2014 at 4:38pm)

Zo
another blue ribbon

If you want to partake of that grinding method before you hit Conjurer, it's still entirely possible. You just need one of your team equipped with Attack Item Amp, increased speed, and the Medication ability. Enter battle, brave to the maximum and use Compounding to mix Phlogiston + Phlogiston on each move. Set everyone else to default and press Y to auto. Congrats! This combo will kill anything in Florem before it has a chance to hit you. You can even press Y to automatically do this whenever you enter battle. It's a good money maker and you make way more from each battle than the cost of two Phlogistons anyway.

Equipping your Salve-maker so that they are immune to sleep is also handy here, since the tree enemies here have a deadly combo - Lullaby + RIP - which can instantly wipe your party if they get a First Strike. Immunity to sleep makes your Salve-maker immune to this.

Also Howie is completely right, this game is dark as shit in some places.
Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.

• DeRosa doping women with chemicals, raping them, then liquidising them into the very chemicals he uses to lure more women
  • The systematic brainwashing of a city by murdering its surrounding populations and using their body parts as mind control accessories
  • Mephilia and Artemia's minds breaking under the burden of what they've been asked to do
  • That scene in which the two little girls are tearing the wings off the corpse of a fairy. Which made me feel honestly a little sick.
  • Yulyana.

Jump to Post

02.19.2014 7:35pm

Darth Howie
Darthpool
Administrator

This game makes me want to master every job with every character. TOO MANY USEFUL SUPPORT ABILITIES!!!

Also, I wish they called "Templar" "Paladin" because it's obviously intended to be Paladin and I want to make a character go the full Cecil by having them use Templar and Dark Knight abilities together. Not that I don't do it anyway with "Templar" but it's much more epic to think of "Templar" as Paladin.

Woe unto he who tries to be helpful, for upon him shall be lain the burdens of all.

- Squall 15:11

Jump to Post

02.20.2014 8:02pm

Blue Storm
Original FFO Member

Zo said:

since the tree enemies here have a deadly combo - Lullaby + RIP - which can instantly wipe your party if they get a First Strike. Immunity to sleep makes your Salve-maker immune to this.

Be aware that even at lvl 99 grinding out your last few jobs these fuckers can still pull this off. Seriously fuck these guys.

Jump to Post

02.23.2014 9:57pm

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Is there any way to turn off the job costumes during cutscenes or am i stuck seeing tiz dressed up as wolf for awhile?

Jump to Post

02.24.2014 5:05am

Darth Howie
Darthpool
Administrator

Unless you buy one of the special costumes from Norende, you are stuck.

Jump to Post

02.25.2014 6:35pm

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Darth Howie said:

Unless you buy one of the special costumes from Norende, you are stuck.

Time to jump into easy mode and grind for cash. Haha.  I'm just happy there is a way. Well worth it. I'll probably turn off experience, keep on job points and cash and just grind.  Grinding is fun in this game. I've turned off experience everytime i grind, so I balanced the game the way I wnated it to. I have a ton of skills and jobs but i'm under leveled stats wise, so I have to use a lot of stategy combinatinos to get by. LOVE that they included that feature, it's a must in all RPGs!!!

As I get further, this game' storyline is pretty abysmal, but the characters are likeable and the gameplay is RIDICULOUS good, it totally carries it, so I don't mind the story one bit.

Also - Seelas - the guy who makes perverted comments all the time - it's at its worst in the first two chapters. After that it tones down a lot.

Jump to Post

02.27.2014 3:39pm

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

I can't help but think that the game took some cues from the Tales of games with it's characters.  Mainly, with the party chat feature that shows up.  It reminds me of the skits of Tales games and how it's basically the party chatting about random nonesense.  It makes them more human, in my opinion.

Jump to Post

03.03.2014 1:14am

Blue Storm
Original FFO Member

If they can keep the same gameplay (maybe tune up a few things) and then work on the story the next game is going to be something truly epic.

Jump to Post

03.11.2014 12:19am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Wow this game is 100x more fun with the difficulty spike. I noticed a mini spike near the end of Chapter 3. I also realized i can increase the difficulty by changing everyones jobs at the same time. It's like a new battle system almost when you do that, and your stats go low again because job levels tie to stats...the story is improving as well.

Also, Bushido + Pirate combination is KILLER. You taunt the enemies to attack you, then do your counter stances every single time. Works like a charm.  Use other characters abilities to make them less likely to be attacked and whaalah, I just play defensively and heal and i'm unstoppable. Love battle systems that let you go with the "the best offense is a good defense."   I remember why I love the job system so much, as soon as it goes stale you just mess with EVERYTHING like it's a new game again. The anti FF13 where you are stuck with each character doing the same thing every battle.

Jump to Post

03.13.2014 12:13am

Zo
another blue ribbon

Yeah, early on I could tell that the game was pushing for Agnes to be the white mage/healer/support type champ, so instead I made her the main tank. She ended the game as a Swordmaster/Ninja using Kairi to taunt enemies to her, countering, and building up spare BP with the Red Mage support ability Revenge. She was a legendary badass dampened only slightly by being a total wuss in cutscenes - while wearing full plate armour and a honking great sword.

Jump to Post

04.21.2014 11:28pm

Indiana Jerico
Sinfully Delicious v2
Administrator

Finally started the game after buying it a couple of weeks ago. Only got 5 villagers so far. D:

===

"Plans? What plans? I''m making this up as I go!"

Jump to Post

04.23.2014 8:26pm

FenixDown
The King's orders are absolute

I just started playing the game a couple days ago myself. Just unlocked the fourth job class. So far I'm loving it.

Let's Play Chrono Trigger
Let's Play The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past
Let's Play Final Fantasy VI

Jump to Post

04.25.2014 5:06pm

Fuuko Sakurada
Momoia =D

Finished the game 2 days ago, if anyone else is still hesitating, don't, this game is awesome ... pity they don't make good games like this anymore huh

BoA*

Best of Asia * since 2000

Jump to Post

04.26.2014 3:29am

Indiana Jerico
Sinfully Delicious v2
Administrator

Ringabel and Agnes is grating at my nerves.

===

"Plans? What plans? I'm making this up as I go!"

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter