Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  The Dork Squad

Trojan "regedit32" Help!

08.04.2012 5:45pm
Thread Creator

Sanna
What a Tedious fight!

So, Malwarebytes isn't getting rid of it, and I can't seem to figure out why. Does anyone know of a way to get rid of it? 

Jump to Post

08.04.2012 8:30pm

The Hulk
Good Boy

Probably a stupid question but are you using MB in safe mode?  Could make all the difference.

Jump to Post

08.04.2012 9:41pm

OrionHardy
Otherworld

When I have a virus that my Avast can't get rid of normally, Doing an avast boot scan seems to do the trick. What is the trojan doing?

Great men aren't everywhere, just where it counts.

If you ever see me online playing Halo, join me please.

Jump to Post

08.05.2012 12:21am

Arckanghel
Pirate.

Run Malware in safe mode, also, a boottime AV scan might help. Otherwise, it's time to start working on more complicated solutions with more powerful software.

Jump to Post

08.05.2012 1:04am

Ashilyn
Career GM

If you're able to open the task manager, using it to find the directory it's sourced in and working from there to eliminate traces (as well as anything with gibberish file names) is a good place to start if your AV isn't getting it. Manual removal is a pain, but it's the best way.

Jump to Post

08.05.2012 3:35pm
Thread Creator

Sanna
What a Tedious fight!

I've tried runing Malwarebytes in safe mode, but it didn't not get rid of it. It's not showing up in task manager at all. I thought I've gone through and deleted the weird file names, but it seems to keep coming back every time I reboot. It's basically annoying. It's playing sound files (ads of all types) in the background. No video, just sound. 

Jump to Post

08.06.2012 7:39am

Arckanghel
Pirate.

Go Here:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic460700.html

You'll find a tool called ComboFix referred to in the first post. That's where you will want to start from here. I would advise backing up your data first. I've need had ComboFix destroy a system, but it can. It's a pretty hardcore tool. It definitely does the job though. So, again, my experience with ComboFix has to never have an issue, but don't assume that's going to be yours and back up any important data you have.

One Other Warning: Do not follow the rest of the posts in that thread as the instructions in them are customized for the reports that person posted and may not resemble what you need. Just start off with running ComboFix and seeing if that will do it.

If ComboFix Fails, try Kaspersky TDSSKiller. GMER if that doesn't work.

If at that point you still have a problem, you want to boot to safe made with the most restrictions and run TDSSKiller and then COmboFIx in the same go.

After that, things get more creative, hope this helps.

Jump to Post

08.09.2012 4:28pm
Thread Creator

Sanna
What a Tedious fight!

I tried using Norton Power Eraser before I've seen the replies to this thread and this is what happened:

It can't "fix" it and it points me to this site: https://www-secure.symantec.com/norton-support/jsp/help-solutions.jsp?ct=us&lg=en&product=home&pvid=f-home&version=current&docid=v53232725_EndUserProfile_en_us

Thing is, I don't even think we have the Vista installation disc anywhere...This isn't my computer, btw, but I do have stuff on it that I'd like to keep. Guess I should start backing up stuff now. :(

Jump to Post

08.11.2012 2:05am

Arckanghel
Pirate.

Definitely back up. But you can torrent and burn a Windows Vista ISO and use that if you can't find your disc.

Jump to Post

08.14.2012 7:17pm
Thread Creator

Sanna
What a Tedious fight!

Ugh, I was afraid of that. Are their any bittorrent sites still up and running? Looks like I'll be spending the next couple of days backing up files. :/

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter