Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  The Dork Squad

Windows 8 consumer preview

< Prev 1 2 Next >

06.16.2012 2:39am
Thread Creator

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

Im still loving Windows 8. Once you realize Metro is just a more customizable more useful start menu its hard not to love it.

Buggle Up! Danger! Danger! (Genocide!) Death the Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!

Jump to Post

06.16.2012 3:03am

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Apple is good at what it does with iOS, but I much prefer Android.

Can't say I really mind Metro on the 360 and I prefer it to the old and NXE interfaces. I don't know how I'd like it on a desktop though. Then again as long as you can disable it it's just one of those things I can forget about.

Jump to Post

06.16.2012 5:22am
Thread Creator

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

I was worried about it until I tried it. Its really nice becasue of how the tiles auto update. 

I can run full screen games and if I get a message or email or even what to just check facebook I hit my start menu and all of that info is auto displaying in metro then its a quick click back to the game. No fumbling though windows hidden behind my game. No waiting for the game to reload because of how mulititasking works between metro and the desktop. 

And i cant wait to try dual monitors. if I can have my main screen working on something in full screen with my 2nd being metro constantly refreshing mail, messages, facebook, and other things its just going to be so damn handy. 

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter