Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

2011-12 NFL Playoffs: The Thread

< Prev 1 2 3 ... 9 Next >

01.02.2012 5:38pm
Thread Creator

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Now with 100% less Rex Ryan. Thank God.

So here are the playoff seedings:

NFC:

1. Green Bay Packers - NFC North Champions (15-1)
2. San Francisco 49ers - NFC West Champions (13-3)
3. New Orleans Saints - NFC South Champions (13-3)
4. New York Giants - NFC East Champions (9-7)
5. Atlanta Falcons - Wild Card (10-6)
6. Detroit Lions - Wild Card (10-6)

Wild Card Round: Atlanta @ New York; Detroit @ New Orleans

AFC:

1. New England Patriots - AFC East Champions (13-3)
2. Baltimore Ravens - AFC North Champions (12-4)
3. Houston Texans - AFC South Champions (10-6)
4. Denver Broncos - AFC West Champions (8-8)
5. Pittsburgh Steelers - Wild Card (12-4)
6. Cincinnati Bengals - Wild Card (9-7)

Wild Card Round: Pittsburgh @ Denver; Cincinnati @ Houston

Who you rooting for? And who do you think is going all the way?

Jump to Post

01.02.2012 7:04pm

kjonez
with a Z

Eli Manning is my hero.
Giants fan for life, I've no choice but to root for those bums.

Also being from CT I'll go ahead and say boo Patriots. Tired of these bandwagon turned psycho fans around here. Can't walk ten feet without someone crying about Brady.

Jump to Post

01.02.2012 7:11pm

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

Pulling for anyone but the Patriots and the Tebows Broncos.

I think the de facto championship game will be Packers vs. Saints in the NFC. Whoever wins that game (I'll say the Saints, as they're really hot right now, especially Drew Brees) will cruise in the Super Bowl over whatever team comes out of the AFC.

Jump to Post

01.02.2012 7:13pm

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

Also 100% Rob Ryan, too.

As always, I'm going with the Giants.  A good line was said last night in that it's not teams that have the highest seeds that win, but the teams that get hot at the right moment.  Looks like the Giants are picking the right moment to get hot.

Jump to Post

01.02.2012 7:26pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

I'm a long time 9ers fan ever since the days of Montana, and they've had thier first great season in a long time, I would love to see them make it all the way.
Otherwise being a New Yorker I'd pull for the Giants.

Jump to Post

01.02.2012 7:28pm
Thread Creator

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

I'm a big Giants fan, so of course I'm pulling for Big Blue. Also wouldn't mind seeing the Packers repeat or the Niners go all the way. Just anyone but the Patriots, Lions, or Fightin' Tebows, though I think Pittsburgh is going to annihilate them next week.

Jump to Post

01.02.2012 9:59pm

Ulterior
Registered Member

Can't bear (HAHA LOOK I MADE A FUNNY) to see anyone in the NFC North have a good postseason since the Bears aren't in it.

I'll say the Niners since they actually play defense unlike anyone else in the NFC and I loves me some D.

Could you imagine the massive butthurt if the Broncos actually won a game or two?

I love you, everything burrito.

Jump to Post

01.02.2012 10:22pm
Thread Creator

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

The Giants are actually starting to play defense again in the past couple of weeks. I know I wouldn't want to face a healthy Justin Tuck, JPP, and Osi on a pass rush.

Jump to Post

01.02.2012 10:51pm

kjonez
with a Z

and also:
CCCRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUZZZZZZZZZ

Jump to Post

01.03.2012 12:27am

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

Id82 said:

I'm a long time 9ers fan ever since the days of Montana, and they've had thier first great season in a long time, I would love to see them make it all the way..

Likewise. The Niners are the only ones with a D good enough to stop the Pack, but I get the feeling the Saints are going to run through the NFC by scoring 4000 points a game (while giving up 3998 mind you). In the AFC I'm calling Baltimore. So...et's go for the Harbaugh Bowl II!

Jump to Post

01.03.2012 12:37am
Thread Creator

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

The biggest disadvantage facing the Saints is that, assuming they win against the Lions, is that they'll be on the road against the 49ers and/or Packers.

Jump to Post

01.03.2012 3:00am

Lews
Lord of the Morning

Going for Patriots in the AFC, Giants in the NFC.

Would love to see a Patriots/Packers Superbowl, just because it'd probably be a good game, but being from Georgia, I'd also be estatic if the Falcons finally won the big one.  And even though I haven't been a Niners fan since Steve Young retired, I wouldn't be mad if they won, either.

Jump to Post

01.03.2012 6:47am

Free Spirit
Zetta Member

Go Steelers!

We're so dead.

Jump to Post

01.03.2012 4:24pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

Steelers will win this weekend, but they aren't taking down the Pats or Ravens without Mendenhall.

Jump to Post

01.04.2012 12:16am

Lucent
Dip Trip Flip Fantasia

Man, the Pats have given me consecutive heart-attacks for several games in a row with their new "phone in the first quarter then call in a colony drop" tactic they seem to be employing, so I don't know if I can survive the playoffs.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 ... 9 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter