Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

2011 MLB Postseason

< Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 Next >

10.30.2011 10:06am

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

Crux said:

Yep its that guy. He placed the bet in Las Vegas when people didn't think too highly of the chances.

Who did? Would anyone have really argued against 1/500 and 1/999 odds for the Cards winning the pennant and then the World Series after where they were? People will bet on anything but to really believe it would happen? Wow.

Jump to Post

10.30.2011 5:24pm

Crux
A mental Dentist's office

Here's the story.
What I meant was that people didn't think that the Cardinals were going to make up the 4 games they were behind so the chances of a this scenario were bad.

Jump to Post

10.31.2011 4:48pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

Oh I know the story, all I was getting at was who would have taken those odds even remotely seriously enough to bet on? Good on the guy, but it's still incredible it panned out.

Also, La Russa has retired today.

Jump to Post

10.31.2011 8:18pm

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Didn't the cardinals do the exact same thing last time they won the world series? With the coming back from nearly being eliminated from the playoffs with just a few games to spare? Maybe they guy just has a good short term memory...

That guy also bet 250$ on them MAKING the world series in the first place, so he actually won a lot more than 250K. I think he won 500K or maybe even 1 million.

Jump to Post

10.31.2011 8:58pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

He won $125k for them making the World series, $250k for them winning.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter