Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

A Batquestion for Raz:

05.04.2012 8:12pm
Thread Creator

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

RE: Aftershock, and Road to No Man's Land

So I've got the TPBs for Cataslysm, and three fifths of No Man's Land (waiting for the other two trades), but I feel like I'm missing out because in the space between them Aftershock and Road to No Man's Land happen.  And the Internet has failed me in that I can't find more of a summary than
This was followed by the storylines "Aftershock" and then "Road to No Man's Land" which resulted in the U.S. government officially evacuating Gotham and then abandoning and isolating those who chose to remain in the city.

Which is kind of frustrating my OCD.  There aren't trades for either storyline that I can find through Worldcat to interlibrary loan them.  So my question is:
"What the fuck?" 

Or more eloquently phrased:
"What important events happen in Aftershock and Road to No Man's Land, if any?"

Jump to Post

05.04.2012 8:17pm

grey_haven
Formerly known as 'Trekster'

You speak of one of the main issues I have with reading comic books. Im always missing information that happens between the trades or during crossovers. Ugh! So infuriating.

Jump to Post

05.04.2012 8:20pm
Thread Creator

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

This is why I usually avoid the big events but I've heard so much good about NML and the chunks I have read are all really interesting but seriously, the last page of  Cataclysm is Batman and co. standing over the city resolutely (well, and then a depressing Leslie short), and the first page of NML is like, "Fuck you priest, it's against the law to help the people in Gotham!"

It's a bit of a dissonance.

Jump to Post

05.04.2012 8:23pm

JSG
Registered Member

Everything you need to know about No Man's Land is in the first issue of the first trade of NML itself.

Cataclysm and Aftershock aren't particularly great stories and NML tells you all the important bits.  Which basically adds up to "Big fucking earthquake.  US Government declares Gotham City a No Man's Land."

I read NML years before Cataclysm and Aftershock and it made no difference and didn't hinder the experience at all.

Jump to Post

05.05.2012 4:31am

judge_raz
Ceci n'est pas une lobster

Phew...umm...I honestly don't have an answer to this question.

The only thing that I've read of No Man's Land, aside from a few random issues here and there, is the excellen adaptation from Greg Rucka, which I absolutely endorse.

https://www.amazon.com/Batman-Mans-Land-Greg-Rucka/dp/0671774557/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&;qid=1336188599&sr=8-1

I went into the book having read absolutely nothing about Batman since Knightfall, and I was carried through the experience very well. Great book.

"Of Christ's twelve Apostles Judas alone proved to be traitor. But if he had acquired power, he would have represented the other eleven Apostles as traitors, and also all the lesser Apostles whom Luke numbers as seventy." - Leon Trotsky

I have a blog. This is its URL. You should read it. It's about education and skepticism and books and it has a lot of pictures of Batman and Robin in it: https://baldermoon.wordpress.com/

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter