Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

And the next Doctor is...

08.04.2013 7:51pm
Thread Creator

Zubis
Registered Member

Peter Capaldi

Jump to Post

08.04.2013 10:36pm

The Hulk
Good Boy

I can scarcely believe how well they've chosen.  Now if only Moffat would follow Matt Smith out the door and let someone else give this amazing actor the material he deserves.

Jump to Post

08.04.2013 10:45pm
Thread Creator

Zubis
Registered Member

Yeah I agree, a great choice. And a brave one, given that they've now lost legions of 14 year old fangirls - seriously, Twitter's creeping me out right now, don't read any of the hashtags.

Jump to Post

08.04.2013 11:08pm

maximus asinus
Registered Member

I don't watch Doctor Who (might give it a try since it is on Netflix) but from my understanding the Doctors have normally been young (usually in their 30s). Why did they go with someone so much older than previous generations?

Jump to Post

08.04.2013 11:23pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

Not the old old doctors from the 60s and beyond. They were generally a bit older.

Jump to Post

08.04.2013 11:24pm
Thread Creator

Zubis
Registered Member

maximus asinus said:

I don't watch Doctor Who (might give it a try since it is on Netflix) but from my understanding the Doctors have normally been young (usually in their 30s). Why did they go with someone so much older than previous generations?

Every Doctor since 2005 has been under the age of 40, however most Doctors from 1960-1990 were 50+.

Jump to Post

08.04.2013 11:25pm

KyleIII
Registered Member

This is a fantastic choice. There's another excuse to go rewatch In the Loop and The Thicke of It.

maximus asinus said:

Actually, it's the opposite. The current Doctor, Matt Smith, is the youngest to ever play the role. It's traditionally been filled by older actors. This was the first Doctor:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Hartnell

Jump to Post

08.04.2013 11:45pm

maximus asinus
Registered Member

Zubis said:

Every Doctor since 2005 has been under the age of 40, however most Doctors from 1960-1990 were 50+.
this is what I meant, though I should have said late 30s

I just read a bit more about Doctor Who and now understand what the Doctors are so I withdraw my question.

Jump to Post

08.05.2013 12:42am
 (Edited on 08.05.2013 at 1:49am)

Mole
Somebody loves ya.

SOUND LIKE A FUCKING NAZI JULIE ANDREWS

Jump to Post

08.05.2013 3:39am

Nelfichu
I've been there, hombre.

I enjoyed this comment from Den of Geek on an article two days ago about Peter Capaldi potentially being the Doctor:
"It's bigger on the inside!"  "Really?! Have a gold f***ing star, you braindead f***ing c***!"

Glad they went with an older Doctor who is also a longtime fanboy of the show. Here's hoping the quality of stories improve.

Jump to Post

08.05.2013 5:23am

Old Juan
filled with hate

This is a fantastic choice, and losing the shallow 14 year old girls is just icing on the cake.

Check this reaction out. Hilarious...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45d8kn5hApg

Jump to Post

08.05.2013 12:12pm

The Hulk
Good Boy

I have a nasty feeling poor Clara will get the boot in favour of a new pretty boy companion, to keep the little girl demographic happy.

Jump to Post

08.05.2013 12:21pm

OrionHardy
Otherworld

To be honest the second I heard Matt Smith was leaving, I though Clara had had it. Saying that, I don't see why she can't stay and just have a male companion along side. Besides you need to keep the teenage boy demographic happy too :D

Great men aren't everywhere, just where it counts.

If you ever see me online playing Halo, join me please.

Jump to Post

08.06.2013 1:48am

resare
Exceptional narcissist

The Hulk said:

I have a nasty feeling poor Clara will get the boot in favour of a new pretty boy companion, to keep the little girl demographic happy.

I'm expecting useless third wheel male companion akin to that insufferable twat that was with Eccleston and Piper for a couple of episodes. Kind of like a replacement Rory because apparently you can't write fanfiction about wrinkly old man penis, but it's perfectly fine if he's a thirty year old Mr. Potato Head in an oversized wig.

I also hope this is a cue for Moffat to step up his game. Capaldi's casting has reignited a bit of interest in this series for me, and it'd be a shame if such a great actor has to suffer the same pantomime fuckery writing that Smith did. He's had a few years to get this bullshit Lost-style plot arc shit out of his system, let's hope he's above it now. And also maybe the BBC can air thirteen episodes in a row without throwing them all over the year? I think that's truly fucked up a lot of interest in the show when episodes come in as reguarly as a new pope.

Addendum:

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter