Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

Anyone going to Distant Worlds?

< Prev 1 2 Next >

08.10.2012 11:35pm
Thread Creator

Plectrude
Preivously known as F1r18

I'm going to the Montreal representation and really hope their repertoire doesn't extend much after ff9! :)

Jump to Post

08.11.2012 1:07am

Amer
pew pew pew

Went a few months ago when it came through St. Louis, just the first night. 

There are a few selections from FFX, XII and XIV. Totally made up by the fact that Uematsu was there himself and played on the One Winged Angel encore and the lady that sings the vocals on the XIV theme was actually there and sang. 

Jump to Post

08.11.2012 2:51am

Fuuko Sakurada
Momoia =D

OMG THANKS FOR POSTING ABOUT THIS I LOVE YOU!!!! T_T

I've been wanting to go to Distant Worlds so bad ...and the nearest one to me was the one in Toronto ( which they did at the end of this last March ), which I couldn't go to because no one was interested in going with me xD I was looking on their website and hoping that they would have a show here in Montreal so I could go ....MY WISHES CAME TRUE <3 I'll finally be able to hear Aria di Mezzo Caraterre live <3 T_T

BoA*

Best of Asia * since 2000

Jump to Post

08.11.2012 4:12am

FenixDown
The King's orders are absolute

I've been to a couple shows back in 2009 and I've got a ticket for the special 25th anniversary concert in December. They've all been great experiences and I recommend the tour to anyone that likes game music or music in general. There is an upcoming 10th anniversary of FFXI concert coming up, I forget where it'll be, but they will be adding at least one more new piece from FFXI to the tour starting with that show.

Let's Play Chrono Trigger
Let's Play The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past
Let's Play Final Fantasy VI

Jump to Post

08.11.2012 5:58am

Indiana Jerico
Sinfully Delicious v2
Administrator

I hope their plans for Manila pushes through. Otherwise, I will have to get out of the country if they plan to play somewhere in SEA in the next year or so.

===

"Plans? What plans? I'm making this up as I go!"

Jump to Post

08.11.2012 10:02am

Murasame
HALE YEAH

Ugh, I keep forgetting to buy my ticket. They come in November.

Jump to Post

08.11.2012 12:59pm

Zubis
Registered Member

Going to Distant Worlds in Scotland in November; I wanted to go to the London concert but it sold out stupidly fast, and I don't want to miss the 25th anniversary.

Jump to Post

08.11.2012 1:03pm

Kal
yes

Yikes, just noticed they'll be in Paris in January. Tickets are so expensive D:

Jump to Post

08.11.2012 11:36pm

Fuuko Sakurada
Momoia =D

I noticed that the prices for Distant Worlds varies from region to region ...I got my ticket for 60$ shipped + taxes and the ones in Toronto were like close to 100$ for the same kind of seats =/

Jump to Post

08.12.2012 7:00am

Enkidoh
Time Travelling White Mage

Apparently Distant Worlds is also coming to Australia again in October - but Adelaide???. Well that should make Murasame happy. ;)

Damnit, I guess I'm going to have to see about  getting tickets to this (and trying for air fares to get me there and back in a day).

Jump to Post

08.12.2012 9:09am

Murasame
HALE YEAH

At least it's (relatively) close!

Also, don't diss our orchestra. We're the festival state, and we didn't get the name for no reason. We had Ennio freaking Morricone here earlier this year.

Jump to Post

08.12.2012 10:07am

Kal
yes

Fuuko Sakurada said:

I noticed that the prices for Distant Worlds varies from region to region ...I got my ticket for 60$ shipped + taxes and the ones in Toronto were like close to 100$ for the same kind of seats =/
Well here it's 70� for a free placement seat (in a 5000 seat theater, it's going to be chaos, better get there super early). Then there's something like 400 tickets for 130� for a numbered seat in the relative front and 200� for a VIP pass (best seat, meet Nobuo and team) 

Jump to Post

08.12.2012 10:19am

Fuuko Sakurada
Momoia =D

Kal said:

Well here it's 70� for a free placement seat (in a 5000 seat theater, it's going to be chaos, better get there super early). Then there's something like 400 tickets for 130� for a numbered seat in the relative front and 200� for a VIP pass (best seat, meet Nobuo and team) 

Yeah ...so that makes it around 90$ CND instead of our 60$ CND for regular seats and 200$ CND instead of 90$ CND for high quality and then 350$ CND for the VIP while ours is 150$ CND ...

Also, I was pleasantly surprised that this concert was cheaper than the legend of Zelda Symphony of the Goddesses concert; I was expecting to pay around 100$ for the regular seats since the Zelda one was 65$ shipped + taxes

Jump to Post

08.14.2012 6:23pm
Thread Creator

Plectrude
Preivously known as F1r18

How was the Zelda concert? While I'm VERY fond of OoT and MM, it isn't the music that was the major selling point of Zelda like say FF6.

I've started back a "refresher" of FF music, especially ff6 which I haven't played in more than 15 years. Can't wait to go and hear live the ff7 overworld theme.

Jump to Post

08.14.2012 6:39pm
 (Edited on 08.14.2012 at 6:47pm)

Catastrophe
I'm Catbug!

Bah. Montreal. What's so special about Montreal! Distant Worlds concert, why you no come to Vancouver? :(

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter