Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

Awesome Games Done Quick 2014!

01.05.2014 5:05pm
Thread Creator

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

It's that time of the year again so get hype!  Our favorite speedrunners will be hosting another charity marathon for the Prevent Cancer Foundation.  Jan 5-11 over 100 games will be run as fast as humanly possible ranging from old to new, good to bad, any% to 100%.  Tons of prizes and incentives to donate for along with a great cause.  And it's LIVE NOW!  Don't forget to head to TheYetee.com for some kickass shirts on the cheap and $3 from each goes to the charity.  Check out the schedule below.  The initial goal is the highest ever at $500,000 but we're hoping to hit the million mark!

https://gamesdonequick.com/
https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule
https://theyetee.com/shop/

And did I forget to mention that Chrono Trigger will be ending the event?  WIth a THIRTY THOUSAND DOLLAR incentive to do 100% over any%?!?!  Time to throw down that money.

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

01.05.2014 7:52pm

FenixDown
The King's orders are absolute

I was hoping Kari Fry would do a Chrono Trigger cast shirt like she's done for FFVI, IX, and IV in previous speedrun marathons, but I did order that X-Strike shirt. I'll be tuning in off and on all week when the games I'm most interested in seeing are up. Looking at that Chrono Trigger 100% incentive, I think I know what my donations will be for.

Let's Play Chrono Trigger
Let's Play The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past
Let's Play Final Fantasy VI

Jump to Post

01.05.2014 9:07pm
Thread Creator

Crono

Weeks ago I was talking to the CT runner, Obda, about how exciting it was going to be to have Kari do a CT shirt and yeah, it's a huge disappointment that she didn't.  Maybe it's a surprise shirt for later?  It'd be a first but who knows.  The X-Strike shirt is decent but it's no Kari FF shirt. 

Jump to Post

01.05.2014 11:31pm

FenixDown
The King's orders are absolute

Yeah, none of the shirts were really wowing me this time, but at the same time, I didn't want to just not buy any of them so I went for the CT shirt.

So, I've been trying to watch the stream but I've been experiencing a lot of buffering issues. Not sure if that's a problem on my end or if the traffic is too heavy, but it's really hard to watch in this state of freezing and then skipping ahead a few seconds.

Jump to Post

01.06.2014 12:20am

Nelfichu
I've been there, hombre.

^It's streaming fine for me, so I don't know if they were having issues earlier or if it's something with your net.

Jump to Post

01.06.2014 8:26pm

Testament
Shamshot

I'm ready to see Tri-Hex blow through Kamek's Revenge.  Hate that level.

Jump to Post

01.06.2014 8:55pm

JSG
Registered Member

Watching Tri-Hex play this game is always fun.  So much unnecessary crap for no reason other than to show off.

Jump to Post

01.06.2014 8:57pm
Thread Creator

Crono

These speedruns are too hot.  Lol fire alarm.

Jump to Post

01.07.2014 1:35am

Nelfichu
I've been there, hombre.

The Katamari run was impressive to watch. They budgeted 50 minutes for it but beat it in 30. Now I'm watching the Bioshock run, and jeez, some of the workarounds to skip segments of the game are amazing. Apparently one of the skips was revealed by one of the game designers as a debug trick that was left in the final product.

Jump to Post

01.11.2014 5:56am
Thread Creator (Edited on 01.11.2014 at 6:30am)

Crono

Super Metroid race.  DAMN 60 GRAND RAISED on the animals.  Holy balls that's a lot.

The most amazing race ever.  LIKE WOW.

Jump to Post

01.11.2014 7:17am

JSG
Registered Member

Once again blindfolded Punch-Out was amazing.  Even more amazing this time around.  All the way to Tyson blindfolded!  And Super Punch-Out beaten entirely blindfolded!

Jump to Post

01.11.2014 6:28pm
Thread Creator

Crono

Yeah, I couldn't believe he made it to Tyson.  It'd be awesome if they one day found a manipulation to make Tyson do-able but for now, that was a feat non-the-less. 

I'm really dissapointed that CT isn't even pegged to start until around midnight now.  I'll have to watch the archives of it.  Hell, I probably won't watch all of it since I've seen it so many flipping times that I know where the good stuff is.  I'm glad they met the 100% donation though.

Jump to Post

01.13.2014 1:56am
Thread Creator

Crono

They hit the million mark!   Just barely, but man, everybody clutched it out at the end.  Now that the event is over if you missed a run you wanted to see and don't want to flip through the twitch vids like crazy here's a list of links to each run (and bonus runs as they keep coming in!).  All runs are NOT on the same page, there are 3 pages so far.

https://www.reddit.com/r/speedrun/comments/1ui4dn/agdq_vods_thread/

Jump to Post

01.13.2014 2:37am

kjonez
with a Z

Was a really great event this year, props to them for reacing one million plus. Nice bonus to see the Castlevania speed runner that was taping a show at my station last year.

Seeing the whole thing really made me want to get involved other tahn by donating, very positive event.

Jump to Post

01.14.2014 12:54am

Crisium
N/A

That Super Metroid race was phenomenal.  Gave me chills.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter