Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

Captain America 3: Civil War

< Prev 1 2 3 ... 5 Next >

10.14.2014 2:55am
Thread Creator

Zubis
Registered Member

Okay the title's not confirmed yet, but goddamn I never expected to see this on the screen.

https://variety.com/2014/film/news/robert-downey-jr-to-join-captain-america-3-exclusive-1201312229/

Jump to Post

10.14.2014 3:11am

Jaran
I'm going to try SCIENCE!

If they ARE doing civil war it slides in so well with everything else going on in the MCU it's not even funny. This alone is VASTLY more interesting than anything WB/DC has thus far managed to come up with

Jump to Post

10.14.2014 2:27pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

So... at some point between now and Cap 3... there are going to be a lot more supers?  Because... because right now there really aren't enough to justify, y'know, a Civil War.

Jump to Post

10.14.2014 4:02pm

Aquila
Usually lurking
Administrator

Maybe they are fighting about RDJ's paychecks...  Hope he doesn't get too greedy and can make a deal happen.

Jump to Post

10.14.2014 4:42pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

reido said:

So... at some point between now and Cap 3... there are going to be a lot more supers?  Because... because right now there really aren't enough to justify, y'know, a Civil War.

Well we're getting Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, Dr. Strange (before Cap 3?), Ant Man and almost definitely the Wasp, rumors that they're trying to use Spider-Man, and who knows what they'll do with the "miracles" concept that's giving us Quicksilver and SW. 

Although I guess the issue is right now NONE of the Avengers have secret identities.

Jump to Post

10.14.2014 4:56pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Colinp42 said:

Although I guess the issue is right now NONE of the Avengers have secret identities.

That... is a really good point.

So I guess what I'm getting is that it'll be... about... Steve and Tony disagreeing on... something?  And splitting the heroes up...

And...
Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
Probably getting Steve killed and putting Bucky in his place.

Jump to Post

10.14.2014 8:11pm
Thread Creator

Zubis
Registered Member

^ Yeah the general rumor is that Cap

Cap "dies" in Cap 3, replaced by Bucky during the dark times in Avengers 3. Cap's found alive for Avengers 4 to round out the series.

Jump to Post

10.14.2014 9:45pm
 (Edited on 10.14.2014 at 9:57pm)

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

I should have put airquotes around killed.

"Killed".

Wait, wait, WAIT--Wasn't the rumor recently regarding Avengers 3 that it was possibly an Avengers movie without any of the big tent-pole characters (Thor, Iron Man, Cap)?  That actually makes a little more sense if you think about the order--if Cap 3 starts Civil War, then Avengers 3 would be during that period...

... and by then I think at least SOME of the Netflix series (which are apparently in-canon) will be through their first seasons... Which brings in the possibility of Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, and Iron Fist as potential Avenger characters, not to mention the ludicrous success of Guardians....

So that rumor, which I had previously dismissed as unlikely, actually seems pretty likely now.

Jump to Post

10.15.2014 4:54am

Colinp42
Registered Member

Oh yeah. I was forgetting about the Netflix characters. They'd all be against registration. But about those "spoilers:"
Cap got old in the comics (long story), and Falcon is now Cap. Whereas Bucky already had his time as Cap. Seems unlikely they wouldn't go for synergy there.

Jump to Post

10.15.2014 1:35pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

This is a good point, and he's had time as a non-villain already, which [name redacted] won't get UNTIL Cap 3.

Jump to Post

10.15.2014 5:44pm

Ramses
Registered Member

I don't want Civil War in the MCU. First, SHIELD ALREADY KNOWS WHO THE SUPERS ARE! Second the Shield/Hydra divorce war, and rebuilding Shield are just starting so the Government's arm to round up fugative Heros is in no position to be a player in it, and with Coulson in charge trying to do to right, would want no part of this. Third from what I've researched Civil War turned Stark into as big an undercover villian, profiteering, and pissing on the Constition as you can possibly be. 

MCU IRONMAN was a tranformed man in the first, and seemly happy after the 3.  So you're going to turn that guy, your $$$ printing hero from those 4 film, into Big Brother, Boliver Trask, Obidah Stane, and the Head of Super Hero Guntanamo.  Altough we haven't seen Avengers 2 yet, that's a big 180 for the MCU version.  Add into the fact that Ultron was his creation would the MCU government really want 'him' as there poster boy let alone using nanobot to control Heros and villians. If Ultron didn't work what would make hem believe his nanobots would, an even if they did it would give him unlimited power over 'Everyone' thoerically.  Also in the MCU IRoNMAN and Cap don't have the history to have the gravity the Comic did. 

2011 FFO Fantasy Football Champion

Jump to Post

10.15.2014 5:49pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Ramses said:

I don't want Civil War in the MCU.

Either do I, but chances are it will be completely different than the "source" material.

Jump to Post

10.15.2014 6:42pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

Hmm...now I can't remember the Civil War comic that well.  But if SHIELD didn't know all the identities at that point, that was pretty much a retcon (maybe not Spider-Man, but that's still ridiculous).  The point of the SHRA was that they had to report their ID to the US govt, not SHIELD, and then become government employees.  Luke Cage was strongly against it even though he literally had no secret identity.

And yeah, this still wouldn't make sense for MCU Iron Man.  But it didn't make sense for comics Iron Man either (think Armor Wars).  It was the Stanford disaster with the New Warriors that "changed everything" for him or whatever.

Jump to Post

10.15.2014 6:44pm
Thread Creator

Zubis
Registered Member

Ramses said:

So you're going to turn that guy, your $$$ printing hero from those 4 film, into Big Brother, Boliver Trask, Obidah Stane, and the Head of Super Hero Guntanamo.  

Which is exactly why you'd do it. Gives RDJ a chance to do something new, and it somewhat lessens his appeal in the MCU. 

Jump to Post

10.16.2014 3:12am

Ramses
Registered Member

So when Thanos finally gets here he face off against Ant-Man, Captain America 2, and ...

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 ... 5 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter