Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

Captain America 3: Civil War

10.28.2014 7:39pm
Thread Creator

Zubis
Registered Member

That Captain America: Serpent Society fakeout was fucking brilliant.

Jump to Post

10.28.2014 7:51pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Marvel:  "Yeah, ladies and people of color.  You got it, kids."

Jump to Post

10.28.2014 8:09pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

I wonder if they'll go with female captain marvel.

Jump to Post

10.28.2014 8:27pm

Nelfichu
I've been there, hombre.

^Bleeding Cool says "featuring the Carol Danvers" character, so maybe? Unless they're just having her be Ms. Marvel first? But like reido said, it looks like Marvel's diversifying their lineup a bit, so I'd assume a Danvers Marvel is a safe bet.

Jump to Post

10.28.2014 8:40pm
Thread Creator

Zubis
Registered Member

Id82 said:

I wonder if they'll go with female captain marvel.

They said it's Carol Danvers.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/film-news/11192829/ms-marvel-film.html

Jump to Post

10.28.2014 9:26pm
 (Edited on 10.28.2014 at 9:55pm)

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

https://marvel.com/news/movies/23549/captain_marvel_soars_into_the_marvel_cinematic_universe
Specific quote:
??This Captain Marvel??s name is Carol Danvers," said Feige. "This film has been in the works almost as long as Doctor Strange or Guardians of the Galaxy before it came out, and one of the key things was figuring out what we wanted to do with it. Her adventures are very earthbound, but her powers are based in the cosmic realm.?

Summarized response to Q&A regarding Civil War:
Events of the whole cinematic universe will make all governments in the world want regulation. Not so much about secret identity, but about who reports to who.

Actual quote:
I don??t want to give too much away, but needless to say, the generalities of the act are the same. Something happens, perhaps it??s cumulative for things that have happened though all of the movies leading up to this point. It has made the governments of the world say ??we need to have some oversight of these guys. They need to report to somebody. So it becomes more? it falls under that umbrella, rather than ??you have to take off your mask.? It??s not about the secret identity thing, as much as it is about, overall, who reports to who, and who can agree to oversight committee. Because as of now, in Avengers 2, there is no more security council, there is no SHIELD, obviously. Stark is paying for it, Captain America is running it, and things occur that will make governments begin to question.

Also, this (probably considered spoily thing) happened.

Jump to Post

10.28.2014 10:13pm
Thread Creator

Zubis
Registered Member

Honestly, it's an amazing setup. I hope there's a scene in Avengers 3.1 like in the comics where one of the cosmic heroes (probably Chris Pratt for the movie) berates Cap and Iron Man for fighting each other (In Civil War) when the entire galaxy is falling apart.

Jump to Post

10.28.2014 10:16pm

Jaran
I'm going to try SCIENCE!

Zubis said:

They said it's Carol Danvers.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/film-news/11192829/ms-marvel-film.html

Short version: KATEE SACKHOFF OR EVERYONE DIES

Jump to Post

10.28.2014 10:22pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

I would prefer Anna Torv, but Sackhoff is acceptable too.

Jump to Post

10.28.2014 10:23pm

Jaran

reido said:

I would prefer Anna Torv, but Sackhoff is acceptable too.

...I hadn't thought of her. Hmm....

I AM NOT DISPLEASED

Jump to Post

10.28.2014 10:41pm
Thread Creator

Zubis
Registered Member

The best thing about this going forward is Marvel aren't doing origin stories anymore, so it's not like they have to get a mid 20s actress.

Yvonne Strahovski and Anna Torv are in my list too. All very talented. 

Jump to Post

10.28.2014 10:56pm

Jaran

A friend mentioned Strahovski, and she'd be another good choice. Anyone else think Uma Thurman would work well?

Jump to Post

10.28.2014 11:26pm
Thread Creator

Zubis
Registered Member

I like her, but she's probably a little too old for the part these days at 45 - 47 by the time the movie comes out.

Jump to Post

10.29.2014 2:08am

Old Juan
filled with hate

And Marvel continues to show why they kick ass.

Jump to Post

10.29.2014 4:14am

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

I need to get my ass in gear getting the previous ones on Blu Ray before the full collection becomes a huge investment.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter