Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

Captain America: Winter Soldier

02.04.2014 5:23pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Damn right.

Jump to Post

03.08.2014 12:34am

Indiana Jerico
Sinfully Delicious v2
Administrator

Every preview, this movie seems to look better and better.

===

"Plans? What plans? I'm making this up as I go!"

Jump to Post

03.26.2014 11:47pm

Indiana Jerico
Sinfully Delicious v2
Administrator

So, I watched it yesterday and it was awesome. Definitely enjoyed much more than Thor or Iron Man 3. Also, two stingers at the end of the movie, with the first one opening up the Avengers 2 nicely.

===

"Plans? What plans? I'm making this up as I go!"

Jump to Post

03.28.2014 12:41am

Zo
another blue ribbon

This movie has some confusing things to say. I'm not sure if it really knows what kind of message it wants to put across.
Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
Also Nick Fury is either completely incompetent or a jackass because he is the whole reason half of these movies have conflict. Nick Fury is secretly the Marvel Movie Universe's biggest bad guy, and he does it all with the respect and love of his subordinates.

Great movie, probably the best actual story of the Avengers tie-in movies in recent memory. Now can we please give Scarlett Johanssen her own goddamn Black Widow movie? Please?

Jump to Post

04.04.2014 5:45am

JSG
Registered Member

Seeing the Falcon in action was probably the highlight of the movie.

Reeaaaally shook up the Marvel universe with this one, possibly more than all the other movies combined. So much shit went down and it just never stopped. I really loved the relentless pacing of it.

One thing that's bugging me, though - who was that guy that whispered "Hail Hydra" to Bald Dude and then disappeared for the entire rest of the movie? Was there a point to him at all? I can't remember him being in more than two scenes: saying "Hail Hydra" and then getting arrested at the end. Did I miss something?

Anyway, action scenes were great save for the shaky cam (WHY WON'T THAT TECHNIQUE FUCKING DIE?) but at least it wasn't as bad as shaky cam usually is. Bucky was every bit as awesome as I was hoping he'd be. The stingers left me wanting more, moreso than any of the other Marvel movies so far.

Anyway, yeah, great stuff.

Jump to Post

04.04.2014 7:16am
Thread Creator

Old Juan
filled with hate

Movie was badass, that is all.

Jump to Post

04.04.2014 8:04am

Areas
Formerly Kenshin

That movie was fucking great.  That was insane.  I cannot wait to see how this affects Agents of Shield and all the upcoming movies as well.  Wow.  Not sure I can fall asleep so soon after the movie.

Jump to Post

04.04.2014 8:12am

Zubis
Registered Member

JSG said:

Seeing the Falcon in action was probably the highlight of the movie.

One thing that's bugging me, though - who was that guy that whispered "Hail Hydra" to Bald Dude and then disappeared for the entire rest of the movie? Was there a point to him at all? I can't remember him being in more than two scenes: saying "Hail Hydra" and then getting arrested at the end. Did I miss something?

Anyway, yeah, great stuff.

He's the Senator in Iron Man 2 that wanted Stark to turn over the Iron Man armor to the government/SHIELD.
https://www.hotflick.net/flicks/2010_Iron_Man_2/010IR2_Robert_Downey_Jr__033.jpg

Jump to Post

04.05.2014 6:44pm

Nelfichu
I've been there, hombre.

Loved it. I kinda thought the Falcon wings came out of nowhere though. 

Jump to Post

04.05.2014 9:33pm
 (Edited on 04.05.2014 at 9:55pm)

Ramses
Registered Member

Agents of Shield/Avengers 2 Talk:
Can't wait to see how Coulson's wingman being Hydra affects him, and what Hydra wants about Skye and being able to keep it hidden from Shield in the process. Can't wait for Tuesday! Seems Zola is the Claravoyiant...

and I wonder if Pierce got him transfered into StarkTech causing him to become Ultron's conscience. Seems A2 will be Hydra heavy (Baron, possible Zola tinted Ultron, Cap & IRON having to avenge Howard) like A1 was Asguard heavy.

2011 FFO Fantasy Football Champion

Jump to Post

04.06.2014 12:40am

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

I was surpised to see Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch at the end. I thought they were characters owned by fox since they are going to be in the new x men movie.

Overall I thought this movie was pretty awesome.

Jump to Post

04.06.2014 2:25am
 (Edited on 04.06.2014 at 3:47am)

Colinp42
Registered Member

Loved it overall with one minor gripe. Hawkeye. He's an Avenger and SHIELD. All they had to do was throw in one line saying he's on some deep mission and can't be contacted. Not mentioning him when the question was who to trust at SHIELD was odd.

Did people catch the Stephen Strange mention? And we had Batroc and Crossbones!

Jump to Post

04.06.2014 4:47am

Jaran
I'm going to try SCIENCE!

Colinp42 said:

Loved it overall with one minor gripe. Hawkeye. He's an Avenger and SHIELD. All they had to do was throw in one line saying he's on some deep mission and can't be contacted. Not mentioning him when the question was who to trust at SHIELD was odd.

Did people catch the Stephen Strange mention? And we had Batroc and Crossbones!

It's SUPER subtle but if you look closely Natasha is wearing a silver necklace with a small charm in the shape of an arrow ;)

Jump to Post

04.06.2014 9:32am

Zubis
Registered Member

Also

They talked about this in an interview and explicitly chose not to explain where he was - if they did they would have to do it for every single character in every movie going forward. Apparently he's got a major part in Age of Ultron though.

Jump to Post

04.06.2014 5:49pm

Ramses
Registered Member

Well Fury did have an arguement with Cap about compartmentization. Perhaps Fury had him in some dank corner of the world looking for Hydra bases, or had him trying to control the Hub so real Shield at least had a base if the Triscillon fell. Maybe Fury told him if I die, go into hiding. Or perhaps he didn't trust him after he was easily turned in the Avengers. What ever it was Fury didn't know who to trust so why would he show that card?  I would be surprised if he was listed when the Hoovercraft was targeting everyone, but it went bye too fast that everyone missed it. 

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter