Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

Captain America: Winter Soldier

04.07.2014 12:34am

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Well.

That was awesome.

Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
I forgive how goofy Quicksilver looks in the A2 stills, since he doesn't seem to really have it all together, judging from that stinger.

Jump to Post

04.07.2014 2:11am
 (Edited on 04.07.2014 at 2:18am)

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

reido said:

Well.

That was awesome.

I forgive how goofy Quicksilver looks in the A2 stills, since he doesn't seem to really have it all together, judging from that stinger.

I think you're thinking of the Quicksilver and Scarlett Witch that will be in the new X men movie, which doesn't have continuity with the avengers franchise. The Quicksilver and S Witch  in the stinger are different actors.

Unless you mean these two https://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/screencrush.com/files/2014/03/avengers-2-scarlet-witch-quicksilver-set-pics-lead.jpg ">

Which don't really look all that bad compared to these two: https://media.comicbook.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/quicksilver-scarlet-witch.jpg ">

Jump to Post

04.07.2014 2:10pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

The Witch is fine, no problem there--I actually LIKE that design.  It's the dopey expression that Quicksilver can't seem to shake, and that facial hair.

But that's just me nitpicking.

And yeah, still, even so, so so so so so much better than the DoFP pair.

I am pleased to report that my theater reacted warmly to the Guardians trailer.  But then, I might have been sitting next to a bunch of nerds, so who knows?

Jump to Post

04.07.2014 2:35pm

Catastrophe
I'm Catbug!

Best. Marvel Movie. EVER.

Jump to Post

04.07.2014 6:57pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Spoilerth, sorta.

Jump to Post

04.08.2014 4:15pm

Jaran
I'm going to try SCIENCE!

Also possible thpoilerth, but definite hilarity

Jump to Post

04.08.2014 4:27pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

There are days when I just love the Internet.

Jump to Post

04.08.2014 5:12pm

Zubis
Registered Member

Agents of SHIELD ep went up on Hulu too early.

Holy shit.

Jump to Post

04.08.2014 5:28pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

It showed up on my queue, but wouldn't actually play!  Goddamn Hulu cocktease!

(Though, how nice is it that Hulu changed over to the day-after upload, instead of the 8-days-after the rest of the season has been?)

Jump to Post

04.09.2014 2:04am

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

That was a fantastic episode of Agents of SHIELD. Loved how it tied in with Cap 2.

Also, Cap 2 was pretty fucking amazing.

Jump to Post

04.09.2014 3:01am

Lexx
I know how they work

I loved the movie.  I'm actually interested in seeing Agents of SHIELD now just to watch how it ties in.

Jump to Post

04.09.2014 2:36pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Zubis said:

Agents of SHIELD ep went up on Hulu too early.

Holy shit.

*sighs, pours one out for one of the actually interesting characters on this show*

Definitely a much better episode than we're used to, but I just can't get myself to give a damn about half these characters.

And of course it was Bill Paxton, Recognizable Guest Star.

I was thinking that Coulson and Hand would be running an actually-secret-not-based-in-a-huge-fucking-skyscraper version of S.H.I.E.L.D. (y'know, for spies) by the end of the season, but with Hand donezo I legit have no idea now.

Jump to Post

04.12.2014 5:59am

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

What the fuck was happening in the after credits scene?

I liked the movie.

Jump to Post

04.12.2014 3:46pm

Jaran
I'm going to try SCIENCE!

Stinger 1:
two dudes walking around in what is apparently a secret HYDRA base. Dude 1 (revealed to be Baron Von Strucker) talks about how despite the loss of the INSIGHT Helicarriers there are still other secret bases doing nasty HYDRA shit. Turns out they've got Loki's mind control scepter from Avengers. Says he can't wait for Cap to meet the twins. Cut to shot of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in adjoining glass cells. Quicksilver slamming himself against a wall, Scarlet Witch levitating some blocks and looking generall out of it. Cut to black.

Stinger 2"

Back at the Cap exhibit at the Air and Space Museum (sans Cap's old uniform), Bucky shows up in a hat and trenchcoat and has a look around

Jump to Post

04.13.2014 6:07am

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

My only question is:

How did Captain get his shield back after they were arrested after the bridge battle? They surely would've taken the weapon away from him. The same with Falcon's wings. They had thier equipment in the final battle though, and I know Fury just doesn't have extra shields lying around with him at his secret base. Was there a point that I missed where they got them back?

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter