Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

Coheed Appreciation Thread

02.17.2012 1:58am
Thread Creator

Amer
pew pew pew

www.coheedandcambria.com 

This new song, Sentry the Defiant, is so awesome I had to create this thread. 

I don't even care if no one else responds. 

Jump to Post

02.17.2012 11:06pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

Coheed just doesn't do it much for me anymore. Turbine blade, silent earth and good apollo part 1 were amazing albums and great examples of prog rock. Their past two albums, although having some good songs, just haven't lived up to thier first three albums for me.

Jump to Post

02.18.2012 12:01am
Thread Creator

Amer
pew pew pew

I would tend to agree. Honestly, SSTB and IKS are still my favorites. YOTBR was promising at the start, but as an album was kind of lacking. 

I'm hoping now that Josh is back behind the kit we can get some more old Coheed groove. 

Jump to Post

02.18.2012 1:14am

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

Perhaps, but I want to hear more prog style songs from them like the crowing, or the willing well part 1. The past two albums have just had straight up rock songs. There's nothing really wrong with that, but it was songs like the crowing, or in keeping secrets of silent earth that drew me to them in the first place.

Jump to Post

02.18.2012 1:28am

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

I still love Coheed but their first two albums (and most of Apollo 1) are far superior (mother lol) to everything else.  I still enjoy a lot of songs from YotBR and Apollo 2 but I don't go back to those albums NEARLY as much as the fist three. 

New acoustic track is pretty sweet and sounds like the recorded version could be pretty heavy and possibly their primary song.  Color me interested.

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

02.18.2012 3:21am

FenixDown
The King's orders are absolute

I'd also have to agree that the first two albums were easily Coheed's best. Something about the style of Good Apollo 1 makes it less appealing to me nowadays. I remember really getting into it when it was new but only a few of the tracks really hold up to me now.  The last two albums never reached In Keeping Secrets quality as a whole, but they were still enjoyable. I'll most likely pick up this new album when it comes out.

Let's Play Chrono Trigger
Let's Play The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past
Let's Play Final Fantasy VI

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter