Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Episode Gets Cinema Screenings

< Prev 1 2 Next >

Will you go to the cinema to watch it.

Show Poll Results

11.16.2013 7:49pm

Zubis
Registered Member

The Hulk said:

(and namedropping the big finish companions was ballsy, SM sure does like to rile up the fanbase)

I think that was Moffat confirming they were canon, as the fanbase was on the fence regarding them.

EDIT: Actually, I think it's just Moffat is a genuine fan of them.

Moffat:

Paul only played the Doctor onscreen once before, in the TV Movie. He gives a wonderful performance in it. Itâ??s a terrifically exuberant performance and it anticipates the later performances, particularly of Matt and David. Heâ??s a dashing, romantic, very funny and very affecting Doctor! Of course, Paul is not only known for the telemovie but for all his wonderful audio adventures. I'm always telling the Doctors and companions, as they come through the show, that they'll never be quite done with it - Big Finish is expecting them.

Jump to Post

11.17.2013 12:32am

Nelfichu
I've been there, hombre.

Yeah, I'm not saying the 12 regenerations thing is gonna stop Doctor Who, I'm just saying I bet Moffat shoehorned the Hurt Doctor in just so he could be the showrunner to deal with the drama of the Doctor facing his "death." Especially with 8's comment on how eternal life = eternal boredom.

Jump to Post

11.17.2013 8:29am

Murasame
HALE YEAH

Zubis said:

The 13th regeneration thing is rubbish really. They'll easily overcome it. I doubt they'll even put in references to it.

they literally just introduced a planet that can fix this. Why else do you think this happened? This is a safety net.

Jump to Post

11.17.2013 4:49pm

Nelfichu
I've been there, hombre.

^Not to be excessively geeky about this, but Karn and the Sisterhood were both first featured in The Brain of Morbius with Tom Baker-- oh god, I am a nerd... Anywho, interestingly enough, The Brain of Morbius also features a sequence of the Doctor's faces that suggests there were multiple incarnations of the Doctor before the First. At that point the whole 12 regenerations had not yet been established.

Jump to Post

11.19.2013 2:33pm

Murasame
HALE YEAH

*reintroduced, then. The point still stands, though.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter