Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

Game Of Thrones: Season 6

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next >

05.12.2016 9:10pm

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

Testament said:

In actual Dornish news...

Woohoo Arianne! Doran still alive and scheming! Sand Snakes that actually have brains and don't utter shitty one-liners!

GRRM will never admit it out loud, but I'm almost certain he released that as a sly middle finger in D&D's direction.

Jump to Post

05.14.2016 6:32pm

Call
Firefightin' Administrator
Administrator

I knew the whole "I died so screw this place" thing was coming.  I think the whole Umber thing is a Trojan Horse, but I can't figure out why yet.  It sounds like Show Greatjon is dead (didn't Smalljon say he was?), but I always thought he was simply unaccounted for after the Red Wedding, and remember him being there at one point but leaving before the disagreement.  Book Greatjon's fate was never definitively mentioned, was it?  I thought Book Greatjon was taken captive to coerce House Umber into allying with the Boltons.

While I'm ambivalent to much of what they've changed, I'm also a realist about it.  There was no way they could have included everyone and everything, and so I don't mind many of the consolidations and write-outs.  Hell, it's been so long since I read it, and some of the plots were so vast and complicated, I can barely remember what the hell Martin's goals with them were.  So at this point, changing things is fine with me.  I do like the changes to make sense.

Unless they kill Davos, Varys, or Tyrion.

Jump to Post

05.14.2016 9:19pm

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

Books vs. Show, in hilarious and accurate meme format.

Jump to Post

05.15.2016 2:13am

Lexx
I know how they work

Rhaegar said:

GRRM will never admit it out loud, but I'm almost certain he released that as a sly middle finger in D&D's direction.

That was my exact first thought when I heard about the new preview chapter.  It can't be a coincidence that he releases another Arianne chapter so soon after the explosive diarrhea of Show!Dorne.

Jump to Post

05.16.2016 3:16am
 (Edited on 05.16.2016 at 3:32am)

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
Yup, it's now officially lolWinterfell. Or Winterfail. Ramsay Bolton is even more Mary Sue-ish than ever. And we get the Pink Letter finally, at a point when it has no impact whatsoever beyond the most obvious of obvious. Because, you know, fuck subtlety, fuck nuanced justifications for anything on this show, and we need to make Ramsay the BBEG.

Why did I start watching again?

Jump to Post

05.16.2016 4:39am
Thread Creator

Jaran
I'm going to try SCIENCE!

As dumb as the Mereen storyline has sometimes been I still fucking love it when Dany goes full HAM

Jump to Post

05.16.2016 1:58pm
 (Edited on 05.16.2016 at 2:41pm)

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Jon reading Ramsay's letter is all of us watching Ramsay:  "It's just more of the same."

Done-With-Your-Bullshit Sansa is the best Sansa.

"By the way, I executed your king." [Brienne drops the mic.]

Jaran said:

As dumb as the Mereen storyline has sometimes been I still fucking love it when Dany goes full HAM

Man those were some seriously volatile braziers.

Jump to Post

05.16.2016 2:50pm

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

reido said:

Done-With-Your-Bullshit Sansa is the best Sansa.

Alas, if only it didn't come so jarringly after Season 5 Sansa (and even Season 6 Ep. 1 Sansa).

And on a somewhat related note, a wild Robert ... err, Robin Arryn appears, along with Show!Littlefinger being called out on screen for his illogical actions last season. Awesome.

Jump to Post

05.16.2016 2:54pm
 (Edited on 05.16.2016 at 4:18pm)

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Rhaegar said:

Alas, if only it didn't come so jarringly after Season 5 Sansa (and even Season 6 Ep. 1 Sansa).

And on a somewhat related note, a wild Robert ... err, Robin Arryn appears, along with Show!Littlefinger being called out on screen for his illogical actions last season. Awesome.

The "DID YOU KNOW ABOUT RAMSAY?!" in the next-week-on was pretty great.

GREAT MOMENTS IN WELL-TIMED LEVITY:
Jorah is getting his ass kicked.  He's down in the dirt, and tries to throw a handful of sand in Aqqo's (?) face.  Aqqo casually dodges, looks at Jorah like "Come on man, seriously?"

Jump to Post

05.16.2016 7:51pm

Kellios
Yikes and away!

I actually rather liked this episode.

Dat huuuuuuuuug. Holy crap I definitely started tearing up, because we've been waiting for something like this for 6 goddamn seasons/many years for book readers. I did appreciate Sansa ackowledging that she was shitty to Jon in the past - I felt the writers handled that entire scene very well. And do love her, "Let's kick their fucking asses" mindset. Girl deserves it, about goddamn time.

Osha dying so quick though is just bleh. Season 6 continues the, "Death Du Jour" mentality and I still hate it. It added absolutely nothing we didn't already know. I guess Ramsay is the convenient, "shit, we need more budget, kill an actor/actress" plot device. I'm a bit sad the show's pink letter happened now as opposed to the timing of the books, but the show is clearly streamlining things for the lowest common denominator.

FUCKING FINALLY Davos asks about Stannis and Shireen, but he was still blue balled on Shireen. Meh.

Tormund and Brienne moment was amusing.

I very much dislike the High Sparrow, but in a good way. I've had complaints about showLoras for sometime now, so just letting that one go where it may. Although Jaime's butchered show version still makes me outrageously sad. He is one of the most changed characters in the books, and instead in the show he's practically back to his old self, sans a hand. It's like that had no impact on him whatsoever. 

Something for me is missing with Tyrion and Varys being in Meereen - maybe it just feels very forced.

Kingsmoot is gonna be interesting with no Victarion but Theon instead.

Finally we see some LIttlefinger! Though the guards moving so quick against a respected lord made me raise my eyebrows, but again show nuance differences ahaha. I do freakin' love the costume designs for the Vale characters.

I'm totally fine with the show giving Dany some fire immunity. It never really bothered me from the start, the show has been consistent with it, and it seems it works well with the show to get Dany where she needs to be going. I also attribute it to just Dany having this "magical" power and not all Targaryens (not like all Targaryens give birth to dragons too - there's something about Dany specifically). While it felt a little rehashed from the first season, I'm glad the show didn't do the obvious Dragon Savior bit.

Lots of things moved nicely this episode. The preview for next week made me rather giddy. Bran's visions! Sansa! 

Jump to Post

05.16.2016 8:26pm
Thread Creator

Jaran
I'm going to try SCIENCE!

reido said:

Man those were some seriously volatile braziers.

I figured she had the other Dosh Khaleen spread out some Dothraki kerosene or something

Jump to Post

05.23.2016 3:59am

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

How HBO feels about me, versus how I feel about HBO a lot of the time:

Jump to Post

05.23.2016 4:03am

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

Kingsmoot was a joke. Show!Euron was an even bigger joke.

That Littlefinger/Sansa scene was a mea culpa gone completely meta. Even without Ramsay actually being in this episode, he still has the Midas touch in reverse.

No complaints about the final 10 minutes, though.

Jump to Post

05.23.2016 4:04am

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

The kingsmoot was somehow EVEN LAMER than the books!  I didn't think that was possible.

Euron is immense in his blandness.

Jump to Post

05.23.2016 5:27pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

SUMMER!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

That hit me hard.  Hodor was sad, but I think I was more impressed by it than sad?  Time loops, man!  Cause I was thinking OK, they knew they had to move quick, then they just went back to this unimportant moment in the past and were doing nothing.  Why?!  And of course the answer is because that's the way it had to happen because that's the way it always happened.

The big question is, did young Hodor SEE that?  Like old Hodor was seriously coming apart at the seams.  Is that because he knew exactly what was about to happen to him?

Of course we are left with the fact that Bran and Meera should be torn apart about 30 seconds later.  But whatever!

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter