Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

Guillermo del Toro directs a movie about giant robots.

< Prev 1 2 3 ... 12 Next >

07.07.2012 11:55pm
Thread Creator

Zubis
Registered Member

Why the hell was I not informed?

Jump to Post

07.08.2012 12:11am

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

I like how all of the heads are obviously photoshopped onto the armor, giving it an adorably low-grade look.

Jump to Post

07.08.2012 12:27am
Thread Creator

Zubis
Registered Member

Despite that it's got a $200 million budget, lol.

Jump to Post

07.08.2012 12:53am

Nelfichu
I've been there, hombre.

Yeah, that last shot looks like something out of Spy Kids. Does that slash behind the words "Pacific Rim" remind anyone else of the poster to the 1998 Godzilla movie? Just a thought, especially since it's a movie about monsters from the sea.

Jump to Post

07.09.2012 2:14am

Lucent
Dip Trip Flip Fantasia

Atma Weapon said:

I like how all of the heads are obviously photoshopped onto the armor, giving it an adorably low-grade look.

What? Are... you talking about?

Jump to Post

07.09.2012 2:15am

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

I want del toro to stop all he's doing and work on that haunted mansion movie he said he was going to do two years ago.

Jump to Post

07.09.2012 6:17am

Crux
A mental Dentist's office

I wish he would work on 'The Mountains of Madness', but I guess we'll have to wait a while until Prometheus fades from memory a bit.

He said he can't do it because the stories, while not similar, are the same beasts.

Jump to Post

07.15.2012 8:54am
Thread Creator

Zubis
Registered Member

Apparently this killed at Comic-Con, seems a lot better than anyone thought at all. Can't wait for the footage.

Jump to Post

07.15.2012 10:36am

Murasame
HALE YEAH

Nelfichu said:

Yeah, that last shot looks like something out of Spy Kids. Does that slash behind the words "Pacific Rim" remind anyone else of the poster to the 1998 Godzilla movie? Just a thought, especially since it's a movie about monsters from the sea.

Godzilla? I think you'll find it's pronounced Gojira. Gojira, goddamnit.

/terrible reference to a terrible film

Jump to Post

07.15.2012 11:55am
Thread Creator

Zubis
Registered Member

Speaking of Godzilla, that's another movie that had a trailer at Comic Con and people were stunned at how good it looked.

Jump to Post

07.15.2012 12:46pm

Fifan
The guy with the girly avatar

Can't wait to see some footage of both films.

Jump to Post

07.15.2012 1:10pm
Thread Creator (Edited on 07.15.2012 at 1:17pm)

Zubis
Registered Member

Official summary:

When legions of monstrous creatures, known as Kaiju, started rising from the sea, a war began that would take millions of lives and consume humanityâ??s resources for years on end. To combat the giant Kaiju, a special type of weapon was devised: massive robots, called Jaegers, which are controlled simultaneously by two pilots whose minds are locked in a neural bridge. But even the Jaegers are proving nearly defenseless in the face of the relentless Kaiju. On the verge of defeat, the forces defending mankind have no choice but to turn to two unlikely heroes-a washed up former pilot (Charlie Hunnam) and an untested trainee (Rinko Kikuchi)-who are teamed to drive a legendary but seemingly obsolete Jaeger from the past. Together, they stand as mankindâ??s last hope against the mounting apocalypse.

Holy shit, they're making Evangelion/Gigantor, but without the whiny teenagers :D

https://www.cinemablend.com/new/Pacific-Rim-Comic-Con-2012-Live-Blog-31915.html

Jump to Post

07.15.2012 1:38pm

Fifan
The guy with the girly avatar

Zubis said: 

Holy shit, they're making Evangelion/Gigantor, but without the whiny teenagers :D

So there IS a god!

Jump to Post

07.15.2012 5:56pm

Crusader
Not Even My Dad Hit Me

But hopefully DOUBLE the Tang this time.

Jump to Post

12.13.2012 12:40am
Thread Creator

Zubis
Registered Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vKz7WnU83E

You may fangasm when you hear her.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 ... 12 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter