Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

Guillermo del Toro directs a movie about giant robots.

< Prev 1 ... 10 11 12 Next >

08.02.2013 8:46pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
However old she is, she was portrayed as young enough to trigger a very emotional response from this father-of-two, ages 4 and 2.  Like, for real, watching her run terrified through teh streets got me right in the feels.  It was surprisingly difficult to watch that sequence, even knowing she'd make it out okay.

This... might be one of the reasons I like Mako so much.

Jump to Post

08.02.2013 9:20pm
 (Edited on 08.02.2013 at 9:52pm)

kirbenvost
Give Life Back To Music

reido said:

However old she is, she was portrayed as young enough to trigger a very emotional response from this father-of-two, ages 4 and 2. Like, for real, watching her run terrified through teh streets got me right in the feels. It was surprisingly difficult to watch that sequence, even knowing she'd make it out okay.

This... might be one of the reasons I like Mako so much.

Yeah, I don't have kids but it definitely triggered some paternal/protective emotions for me too.  She also looked a lot like my girlfriend did at that age (not that I knew her back then, just in pictures) so I just wanted to be like "I'LL SAAAVE YOUUUUUUU! *CRIES*"  Or yeah, maybe I'm just at that age where seeing a little kid in distress is gets me all emotional.

....aaaand now I'm laughing my ass off over 4th String Jaegers.

Jump to Post

08.03.2013 7:42am

Crux
A mental Dentist's office

Just saw it, it was everything I was promised. I'm just upset I couldn't find anyone else that wanted to see it.

Now I must dive into the wikia.

I love it so much.

Jump to Post

08.04.2013 10:26pm
Thread Creator

Zubis
Registered Member

Looks like the movie's making a small comeback - it was #1 worldwide this weekend. It's one of the biggest openings in China for a movie ever, enough to likely earn it a sequel, albeit barely.

https://variety.com/2013/film/box-office/box-office-smurfs-2-takes-80-mil-globally-while-2-guns-dominates-domestic-with-27-mil-1200573849/

Jump to Post

08.06.2013 1:57am

resare
Exceptional narcissist

I got around to seeing it last week. Really fun movie, like a mix of Godzilla and Independence day -- cheesy enough dialogue and superb special effects. Totally shits all over Transformers in terms of "big robot movies" because at least you can tell what part of the robot is a head and what part is a spiky jagged metal whirring ballsack.

Jump to Post

10.16.2013 3:56am

judge_raz
Ceci n'est pas une lobster

So, I bought Pacific Rim today and so did all the other cool people in the world. If you want to be cool, go buy Pacific Rim on blu ray. Otherwise, you're uncool, and you will never be cool until you buy Pacific Rim.

Pacific Rim.

"Of Christ's twelve Apostles Judas alone proved to be traitor. But if he had acquired power, he would have represented the other eleven Apostles as traitors, and also all the lesser Apostles whom Luke numbers as seventy." - Leon Trotsky

I have a blog. This is its URL. You should read it. It's about education and skepticism and books and it has a lot of pictures of Batman and Robin in it: https://baldermoon.wordpress.com/

Jump to Post

10.16.2013 7:41am

Southern Comfort
silently judging all of you

Any movie with a main character unironically named Striker Pentecost gets my seal of approval.

Jump to Post

10.16.2013 1:27pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

BUY.
THIS.
MOVIE.

Jump to Post

10.16.2013 8:16pm

judge_raz

I'm really hoping that this becomes the cult hit that everyone's said it will be, since that's the only way that we'll see a sequel. So go out there and buy copies! Buy a copy for your friends and family. Buy a copy for your neighbors! Make Pacific Rim the financial success that it deserved to be!

Jump to Post

10.16.2013 11:08pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Apparently Del Toro is actively writing the sequel now, he just needs to get it greenlit.

Jump to Post

10.22.2013 9:14pm

kirbenvost
Give Life Back To Music

Are there indeed a shit-ton of deleted scenes on the Bluray?  Because if so... I'm in.

Jump to Post

10.22.2013 9:31pm

judge_raz

There is not. Which is kind of weird because I had heard there was a bunch of good shit pertaining to the Chinese and Russian Jaegers that was cut for time. But ah well. That just means that we got the director's cut the first time around instead of waiting for a separate release.

Jump to Post

10.22.2013 10:28pm

kirbenvost
Give Life Back To Music

Well, that's disappointing.  Yeah, that was the general rumor, there was supposed to be upwards of an hour of content they couldn't fit in.  Too bad. :(

Jump to Post

10.22.2013 10:44pm
Thread Creator

Zubis
Registered Member

There is an hour of additional content, but the Bluray/DVD market isn't what it was and studios aren't assigning a budget to get that stuff onto the disks anymore.

Jump to Post

10.23.2013 4:13am

judge_raz

Oh awesome. That means that I'm going to have to buy the movie again in a year or two.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 10 11 12 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter