Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

He'll be back: Terminator Reboot

< Prev 1 2 Next >

06.30.2013 11:04am
Thread Creator

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

The reboot is apparently set for 2015, which Arnold apparently says he's starring in as the Terminator, and two more after that.

Honestly I wish the series had ended after T2, which was about as perfect as you could want from the franchise, but I guess a reboot is better than another sequel. That said, it's another 80's reboot so...yeah.

Jump to Post

06.30.2013 1:37pm

Zubis
Registered Member

He'll be 67 filming. I guess having him as another Terminator that was sent back to 1980 but lay dormant for some reason might work, or have him as a human.

He looks like he's having fun in Escape Plan anyway.

Jump to Post

06.30.2013 5:12pm

The Hulk
Good Boy

This is the only time I've seen it called a reboot, I was under the impression it was a sequel.

Jump to Post

06.30.2013 7:15pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

So will the terminator break his hip in this movie?

Jump to Post

06.30.2013 8:14pm
 (Edited on 06.30.2013 at 8:39pm)

Fincher
Deep Water Horizon

The Hulk said:

This is the only time I've seen it called a reboot, I was under the impression it was a sequel.

I think they decided to make it a reboot more recently.

Honestly I wish the series had ended after T2, which was about as perfect as you could want from the franchise, but I guess a reboot is better than another sequel. That said, it's another 80's reboot so...yeah.

The way T2 ended things was great, and nothing that's followed has changed that, but I enjoyed the later Terminator movies and show on their own terms, so at this point I just roll with it.

On the other hand, I don't know about a 67 year old Terminator. It seems like the producers think Schwarzenegger was what made the series good, and I don't agree. All he contributed was being physically imposing, which no longer holds true and which could be said of other, much younger actors. And while his presence or absence may well have made a difference in terms of ticket sales, that doesn't necessarily hold true at this age.

Incidentally, as far as 80s reboots go, I thought the new Fright Night was much better than the original.

Currently playing: Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box, Picross DS
Last played: Time Hollow (good)
Last watched: Agent Carter (very good)
Me on Favslist

Jump to Post

06.30.2013 11:54pm

The Hulk
Good Boy

Karate Kid redo kicked the shit out of the original in pretty much every possible way.  Can't think of any other examples offhand though.

Jump to Post

07.01.2013 12:14am

Zubis
Registered Member

21 Jump Street was great apparently?

New Robocop will be awesome, right guys?

Jump to Post

07.01.2013 1:26am
Thread Creator

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

^What the...I don't even...UGH.

Jump to Post

07.01.2013 2:36am

Areas
Formerly Kenshin

Would prefer they'd revive the tv series. :(

Jump to Post

07.01.2013 12:26pm

Som
Genitals are Funny

I read somewhere the next terminator movie will have Dwayne' The Rock' Johnson in it. So it'll make a hundred bajillion dollars.

Jump to Post

07.01.2013 1:07pm

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

The Hulk said:

Karate Kid redo kicked the shit out of the original in pretty much every possible way.  Can't think of any other examples offhand though.
No.  No.  No.  No.  No.  ...And no.

I know I won't like this reboot.  I loved T1 and T2 and still do.  When I first saw T3 I really enjoyed it; now I find it to be just ok.  T4 I didn't like at all but now I'd say it's decent.  I loved every second of the show.  I understand why they're doing a reboot; it's what all the cool kids who want a ton of money are doing.  But if Arnold is THE Terminator then what's the point?  A: Why do a reboot and have an original cast member in the same slot and B: he's just too damn old for it now.  Granted, he's still kicking ass  and taking names in other films but this is just a bit too much. 

And if the Rock is in it... ugh.

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

07.01.2013 2:20pm

The Hulk
Good Boy

Crono said:

No.  No.  No.  No.  No.  ...And no.
You're right of course, it was ridiculous to say the new Karate Kid bested the old one in every way.  80s version had a better theme song.  Everything else about it is shit when you spray away those nostalgia weeds.

Jump to Post

07.01.2013 2:47pm

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

I actually saw the remake before I saw the original.  I thought the remake was ok but I loved the original; no nostalgia at all.  It's all good though, I'm glad some people liked the remake.  Hopefully the same will be said of T5... err, T-One.

Jump to Post

07.01.2013 3:07pm
Thread Creator

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

The Hulk said:

You're right of course, it was ridiculous to say the new Karate Kid bested the old one in every way.  80s version had a better theme song.  Everything else about it is shit when you spray away those nostalgia weeds.

Pat Morita would like a word. ;)

Jump to Post

07.01.2013 3:35pm

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

I'm against any and all remakes of movies whose originals were already commercially, literarilly and culturally successful and add no new perspective or context at all to the original.

This Terminator reboot absolutely REEKS of the type of remake that does not need to exist.

As did the new Karate Kid.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter