Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

"Iron Man 3"

10.23.2012 2:05pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

RE: Iron Patriot:
Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
That's War Machine... Or at the very least, that's the War Machine suit.  Given the context I can't say for sure that that's Rhodey in suit, but production leaks have confirmed that that's the War Machine suit as re-colored by the US military.

Jump to Post

10.23.2012 2:44pm

Catastrophe
I'm Catbug!

And we have rings.

Jump to Post

10.23.2012 2:59pm

OrionHardy
Otherworld

I hope the scene with Tony's mansion collapsing isn't done, because the wide exterior shot of it looked like something out of Gerry Anderson puppet show.

Great men aren't everywhere, just where it counts.

If you ever see me online playing Halo, join me please.

Jump to Post

10.23.2012 3:17pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

I took an hour or so to realize that that's Ben Kingsley in the [insert villain name here] role, at which point--

Holy shit does Ben Kingsley look badass.

Jump to Post

10.23.2012 5:28pm

Zubis
Registered Member

It's interesting because Kingsley's known for being somewhat of a joke these days due to the many shitty roles he's taken and many expected something similar from him here, he actually seems to be ok so far.

Jump to Post

10.23.2012 5:38pm

The Hulk
Good Boy

Zubis said:

Don't be so sure, they're going for a darker vibe. Not DKR, but the storyline's more serious than both, two in particular.

EDIT: Heeeere's Mandy!
He looks like a homeless peeking out a bin.

Jump to Post

10.23.2012 6:23pm

JSG
Registered Member

Looks good, but it feels like it's trying to be a Dark Knight trailer instead of an Iron Man trailer.  Not sure how I feel about this, honestly.  I prefer darker stories, but Iron Man has always been the one superhero franchise that seemed to remember that superheroes can also be <i>fun</i>.

Maybe it's just the trailer trying to establish the overall mood and the movie itself will have lots of Tony being Tony.  I hope so, anyway.

Jump to Post

10.23.2012 6:28pm

Fincher
Deep Water Horizon

The tonal shift is just weird.

Currently playing: Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box, Picross DS
Last played: Time Hollow (good)
Last watched: Agent Carter (very good)
Me on Favslist

Jump to Post

10.23.2012 6:33pm

Catastrophe
I'm Catbug!

I was thinking the same thing.

The first two movies weren't exactly laugh-a-minute movies, but they certainly weren't srs bisns like the third one is shaping up to be.

Jump to Post

10.24.2012 2:25am

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

It's a weird shift, but I like what I'm seeing so far. Avengers aside, it'll be nice to see Tony have an actual villan to go up against.

Jump to Post

10.24.2012 11:42pm

Sei'taer
lost

I wouldn't read to much into the tone of the trailer.

They could take the second trailer and put ever joke from the movie in it and make it look like a comedy if they wanted to.

Jump to Post

10.25.2012 1:53am

Fincher
Deep Water Horizon

Sei'taer said:

I wouldn't read to much into the tone of the trailer.

They could take the second trailer and put ever joke from the movie in it and make it look like a comedy if they wanted to.

Sure, but even if the movie isn't that serious (and I wouldn't jump to that conclusion), the decision to market it that way seems strange.  I guess, one way or another, they're overcompensating for Iron Man 2 being less popular.

Jump to Post

10.25.2012 2:21am
 (Edited on 10.25.2012 at 2:26am)

Jaran
I'm going to try SCIENCE!

I think we're prolly reading too much into it, but I get the feeling they're just trying to build on the WOO EPICNESS tone from Avengers, which I don't recall as really being marketed as a comedy either. And I can't see it being darker than Iron Man 2 when you take into account the main subplot of that movie was Tony SLOWLY DYING

Jump to Post

10.25.2012 8:10pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

Watching it again, I think what I like the most is that it looks like Tony will be pretty much back to square one. Only one suit (in some condition) and very little else, so it won't be like Iron Man 2 or the Avengers where he can rely on his toys. One of the best parts of the Iron Man movies was when Tony was in the cave and had to rely on his insane intellect. If that's the way this movie goes I'll really enjoy it.

Jump to Post

10.25.2012 9:25pm

Zubis
Registered Member

Big Tall said:

Watching it again, I think what I like the most is that it looks like Tony will be pretty much back to square one. Only one suit (in some condition) and very little else, so it won't be like Iron Man 2 or the Avengers where he can rely on his toys. One of the best parts of the Iron Man movies was when Tony was in the cave and had to rely on his insane intellect. If that's the way this movie goes I'll really enjoy it.

You may not want to read this spoiler BT (or anyone really), but...

Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.

That's how some of the movie goes, but certainly not all of it.

Tony's final suit in the movie is the Mark 47 - he flies 40 Iron Man suits remotely.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter