Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

Kick ass 2

08.18.2013 7:17am
Thread Creator

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

Just got back from seeing this. I actually really enjoyed it despite how much over the top and silly the action appeared to be. Anyone else check it out?

Jump to Post

08.18.2013 8:29am

maximus asinus
Registered Member

Id82 said:

Just got back from seeing this. I actually really enjoyed it despite how much over the top and silly the action appeared to be. Anyone else check it out?
How was Jim Carrey in this movie? I thought he looked pretty cool in the trailers but I wasn't sure how he would fit character wise. Also because he came out and slammed the movie.

Jump to Post

08.18.2013 12:30pm
Thread Creator

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

I thought he was pretty good and he played an interesting character. He didn't really slam the movie. He just refused to promote it because of the Sandy hook shootings.

Jump to Post

08.21.2013 2:04am

FenixDown
The King's orders are absolute

I saw it yesterday. It pretty much ranks where the first one did for me in that it was worth seeing and I enjoyed it overall, but I don't really feel the need to see it again.

Let's Play Chrono Trigger
Let's Play The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past
Let's Play Final Fantasy VI

Jump to Post

08.21.2013 2:40pm

Old Juan
filled with hate

It was okay. The big problem for me is that the movie just drags. The moment that Kick Ass and Hit Girl split off into their own little story sections kills the momentum that had been nicely building up to that point and the film pretty much is unable to recover from it.

Funny thing is that Jim Carrey's performance is probably the best thing about this movie. He's plays the character completely straight-forward. Interesting to watch giving his proness as a performer to take things to either extreme or just simply strange places.

Jump to Post

08.21.2013 3:54pm
Thread Creator

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

I really enjoyed how he played a character in this film instead of playing as himself which he usually gets typecasted into. It was kind of a refreshing performance from him.

Jump to Post

08.22.2013 3:22pm

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

It was ok and kind of a guilty pleasure (like the first one) though some parts left me a bit uncomfortable

Jump to Post

08.22.2013 7:04pm

kirbenvost
Give Life Back To Music

Is it as uncomfortable as Super?  Because that was some pretty disturbing shit.  I found the first Kick-Ass mild in comparison.

Jump to Post

08.23.2013 8:52am

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

Can't tell I have not seen Super yet. I think the consensus seems to be that the first Kick Ass was more violent than Kick Ass 2. I can't remember if that is true. Though if it is I think Kick Ass 2 is not so much that it's more violent it's that the movie puts itself in more situations that can make you uncomfortable. Example was when

Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
when the super herors were talking about their origins and one middle aged couple was talking about their son that went missing and was never found. And they still managed to add humor in that scene. I felt it was a bit inapprorpiate. 

Jump to Post

08.23.2013 3:52pm
Thread Creator

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

Super was a pretty fucked up film especially with what happens to Ellen page.
But I wouldn't say this film is as fucked up as that. It was a violent film but it did seem somewhat toned down compared to the first one.

Jump to Post

08.23.2013 5:31pm

kirbenvost
Give Life Back To Music

Id82 said:

Super was a pretty fucked up film especially with what happens to Ellen page.
But I wouldn't say this film is as fucked up as that. It was a violent film but it did seem somewhat toned down compared to the first one.

Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
See, I pretty much expected what happened to Ellen Page the moment she went down.  And I KNEW someone was going to die, I just didn't know which.  What really disturbed me was seeing Dwight graphically bludgeon Merle to death on the corner of a tile hearth, or whatever that was.  Also the glee with which Ellen Page kills/maims people.  Kind of really put in perspective how fucked up Superheroes would actually be in real life.

Ah, I can see it, how it just makes you uncomfortable as opposed to being straight-up violent.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter