Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

Legend of Korra is up

04.22.2012 3:29pm
Thread Creator (Edited on 04.22.2012 at 6:13pm)

Crux
A mental Dentist's office

I just watched episode 3.
Sooo.... Amon has
Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
Energy bending

Considering how you are taught it from
Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
others that know the technique, I now have a theory. He made a deal with Koh the face stealer, the price being his face. And so Koh has also been blocking Korra's spiritual development, because of some reason I can't think of. Or perhaps it makes more sense that it is Koh behind everything.

Jump to Post

04.22.2012 4:02pm

Indiana Jerico
Sinfully Delicious v2
Administrator

So...we all agree on Batman then?

Also, oh god MAKORRA MOMENTS!

===

"Plans? What plans? I'm making this up as I go!"

Jump to Post

04.22.2012 5:45pm

JSG
Registered Member

Loving this so far.  As someone who didn't like Last Airbender, this is surprising me with how fun it is.  Episode 3 was especially great.  I think Ammon's gonna be fun.

Jump to Post

04.23.2012 10:58am

Kal
yes

Cool episode, though I'm still not digging the ham-fisted Makorra shipping and Mako as a character is bland and cliché, enough with the broodiness. 

So, Appa and Momo or Naga and Pabu ? 

Jump to Post

04.23.2012 1:19pm

Indiana Jerico
Sinfully Delicious v2
Administrator

I just realized that Amon's lieutenant is Admiral Hackett and Bishop. o_ox

===

Jump to Post

04.24.2012 5:35pm

Revrick
Mind your P's and Q's

I'm loving this thus far. Rewatched the first series in its entirety a week or two ago in lieu of this and I am so happy I did. But it leaves me curious if anyone who didn't watch the first Avatar is watching this one, and how much do they enjoy it?

I like what Crux said about Ammon and Koh and all that jive. I've been speculating with my friends about it since we're all giddy little children over it, and the new running theory we agreed upon is Ammon is one of Aangs grandkids that was an evil prick, Aang took his bending away, and now this is what we get.

Regardless of how it turns out, all I desire from this series is Avatar state Korra and Korra talking to Aang via spirit world.

Jump to Post

04.24.2012 5:48pm

JSG
Registered Member

Revrick said:

I'm loving this thus far. Rewatched the first series in its entirety a week or two ago in lieu of this and I am so happy I did. But it leaves me curious if anyone who didn't watch the first Avatar is watching this one, and how much do they enjoy it?

I watched about eight episodes of the Last Airbender and couldn't stand it.  So far, I've been enjoying the hell out of Korra.

Jump to Post

04.25.2012 5:04pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

JSG - were those the first 8 episodes?  Cause it got SO much better!

Yeah - I'm also really liking it so far.  And I'm looking forward to Korra meeting sprit Aang, but I'm torn if I would want him to show up as a kid or as an old man.

And I am in love with Momo 2 (Back in the Habit).

Jump to Post

04.25.2012 6:08pm

JSG
Registered Member

First four-ish, then a few random ones throughout the series.  It may have been more than eight.  But only a small number of them were good.

Mostly it was a matter of hating the entire main cast and also not being interested in the setting whatsoever.  Korra has neither of those problems.

Jump to Post

05.01.2012 11:04am

Kal
yes

Episode 4 was kind of super dark for a kid's cartoon. Loved it.

Jump to Post

05.01.2012 11:58am

Indiana Jerico
Sinfully Delicious v2
Administrator

I don't really think this is for kids per se. Heard that their target is still the same people who were fans of ATLA, which means that now, they are in their teens.

===

Jump to Post

06.05.2012 4:43pm

Revrick
Mind your P's and Q's

Dear lord this show just refuses to disappoint. I neeeed me some avatar  state or spirit world. And from what I read episodes 11 and 12 are supposed to be a two parter and air the 23rd. Can not wait.

Jump to Post

06.06.2012 1:49pm

TheheirofGondor
Registered Member

I loved the orignial Airbender series so maybe it was because my hopes were so high for Korra but I'm having trouble getting into it,  Maybe its the werid "suddenly steampunk" technology which is cool in its own right but doesn't seem to fit in the universe, or maybe I'm having a harder time getting attached to the characters.  Its certainly very good but its just not clicking in that amazing way the original did for me.  That being said the past few episodes I've enjoyed a lot more than the first few, so maybe now that they are over the new show awkwardness (and some of the first episodes were kinda awkward) they can really run with it now.

Jump to Post

06.06.2012 6:50pm

Dr Squirrel
medicine woman

I think Korra is already better than the entirety of the first series. 

trust me, i'm a doctor

Jump to Post

06.06.2012 6:53pm

JSG
Registered Member

It definitely is.  Much more interesting story.  And the main character isn't annoying as hell.

Also, Tarlokk is fucking awesome.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter