Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

Loki & the MCU

08.04.2021 3:41am
Thread Creator

Angry Moogle
Get Off My Lawn

Curious how folks felt about Loki, the one who remains, and the direction the MCU might take now.

I loved the show, and am excited to see what comes next. Loved "the one who remains!"

It opens up so many possibilities, and I'm hopeful about the assistance of some other Marvel teams making their appearances soon.

What are your thoughts on Loki?

Which movies or shows are you most looking forward to, and why?

Moogles In Black
Raiders of the Lost Wark

Jump to Post

08.05.2021 5:33pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

I like the direction they're taking and how they introduced Kang the Conqueror as kind of just a silly tired man at the end of time who was working really hard to keep the timelines constant by eliminating any variant that disrupts it. It didn't really show him as the threat that he is fully capable of. But as he said they're coming.

Kang the Conqueror is going to be the MCUs next big bad. It would be cool if they introduce mutants into the storyline so they can bring in the X men. I heard rumor that the villian in the next Captain Marvel movie is going to be Rogue which will explain how Rogue gets her powers. I'm hoping that with an introduction to the Fantasic 4 that they'll all build up to battling Galactus.

Jump to Post

08.09.2021 12:02am
Thread Creator

Angry Moogle
Get Off My Lawn

Yeah, I had heard that about Rouge.

There's also some rumors about that the Sharon Carter we saw in Falcon and the Winter Soldier was actually Mystique. That could be an interesting take, but I also think it's worth seeing an angry Sharon Carter that's getting revenge for her mistreatment.

The One Who Remains was really cool. I think we're going to see the actor play Kang the Conqueror in a completely different way. And of course - there going to lead to the Fantastic Four, as Kang is a descendant of the Richards ... at least in the comics.

I was honestly looking forward to seeing Galactus in the FF movies with Jessica Alba. I was bummed when they rebooted it. I thought they were good. Not great, but good. The reboot was terrible.

I think they should launch FF and get through Kang before the launch Galactus. Give it some time to build. Galactus would be really, really easy to get wrong.

Thoughts on Black Widow?

I liked it, and I think if I were watching all the movies for the first time and put it in order between Civil War and Infinity War that it would be much better. There just wasn't a lot of suspense, because you know what happens.

Jump to Post

08.13.2021 3:51pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

My problem with Black Widow was that she had such thick plot armor that she could've surived a nuclear blast and walked away unscathed. She's supposed to be a normal human, I dislike action movies that make their heroes look invincible. But other than that it was ok. 
It looks like they're setting the series up to try and set up the West coast avengers which I guess Contess Val is trying to do by recruting US agent and Black Widow's sister. 

Jump to Post

08.14.2021 3:16am
Thread Creator

Angry Moogle
Get Off My Lawn

Yeah, they overpowered her for sure. But they did the same to Steve Rogers - I guess it's the only way they felt they could make it interesting enough as a super hero film.
I was honestly hoping that it was going to be more of a spy flick them what we got.
And the PC message was a bit over the top, bit I'm beginning to expect that in these films.

Dude - it's not the West Coast Avengers ... It's the Dark Avengers. She's building the bad version of the team, and it's going to get nuts.
I'm assuming that the white vision falls in with them at some point to give them a heavy hitter. We'll also see Norman Osborne out a Normon Osborne like figure who's behind it all create a suit of armor to replace iron man ... at least that how it played in the comics.

I enjoyed the first episode of "What If". I hope they expand on that story more at some point.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter