Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

Manos: The Hands of Fate. In HD.

11.26.2011 7:59am
Thread Creator

Southern Comfort
silently judging all of you

So someone over at the SomethingAwful forums found the original workprint for Manos: The Hands of Fate, and there are plans in the works for a restoration and Blu-Ray release.

Go read more.

The best part, both Mike and Joel of MST3K fame have been informed, and are super excited.  I would wet myself if we got Rifftracks on the same disc as alternate audio.

Jump to Post

11.26.2011 11:59pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

Manos the hands of fate. A movie so bad that even Joel and the bots couldn't come up with anything funny to say during the movie.

Jump to Post

11.27.2011 9:44am

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

Said it before and I'll say it again: You're not a man (or woman, don't mean to be sexist) until you've seen Manos: The Hands of Fate without the MST3K treatment.

Jump to Post

11.28.2011 8:24pm

Catastrophe
I'm Catbug!

You. Have. Got. To. Be. Shitting. Me.

Jump to Post

11.28.2011 8:47pm

grey_haven
Formerly known as 'Trekster'

I can't watch the Indiana Jones trilogy on Blu-Ray, but I can watch Manos...the Hands of Fate????? What world am I living in?

Jump to Post

11.28.2011 9:06pm

Catastrophe
I'm Catbug!

grey_haven said:

I can't watch the Indiana Jones trilogy on Blu-Ray, but I can watch Manos...the Hands of Fate????? What world am I living in?

I could think of like...a thousand mainstream and obscure movies begging to be released in high-definition or hell, released for the first time since the VHS era, and what does someone do? They dig up a copy of one of the worst movies ever made. I mean hell, even Plan 9 from Outer Space hasn't been released on blu-ray yet, and at least it has camp value!

Jump to Post

11.28.2011 9:31pm

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

Rhaegar said:

Said it before and I'll say it again: You're not a man (or woman, don't mean to be sexist) until you've seen Manos: The Hands of Fate without the MST3K treatment.

I guess I'm not a man, since I find it almost imposible to watch it without the MST3K track.

But wow, it's going to get a Blu-Ray release?  Oh, I hope that Rifftrax get's in on the audio commentary for this one.

Jump to Post

11.28.2011 10:09pm
Thread Creator

Southern Comfort
silently judging all of you

Understand, it's not going to be "go buy it at Walmart" released.  One guy came across the original workprint on 16mm film, in a bunch of old film that he bought for $50 out of a storage building, and if he can get enough money from a Kickstarter campaign he'll scan it and digitalize it, and see about a limited Blu-ray run.  Other people have passed the message along to a handful of other parties, like Mike and Joel of MST3K and Quentin Tarantino, so the message is out there being heard, but it's not like it's being included in the Criterion Collection or anything.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter