Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

Matt Smith Ending run as The Doctor

06.02.2013 5:32pm
Thread Creator

tharpy
Electric Duck

https://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/articles/Matt-Smith-to-leave-Doctor-Who

So its announced officially now, that Matt Smith's turn as the Doctor will end with the Christmas episode.  I have enjoyed him as the Doctor and will miss him. 

Jump to Post

06.02.2013 6:01pm

Jaran
I'm going to try SCIENCE!

Hie thyself to the TV show thread

Jump to Post

06.02.2013 8:05pm
Thread Creator

tharpy
Electric Duck

News this epic deserves its own thread /sagenod

Jump to Post

06.02.2013 9:18pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

This news is epic?

Jump to Post

06.03.2013 1:25am

resare
Exceptional narcissist

No.

Jump to Post

06.03.2013 7:45am

Nelfichu
I've been there, hombre.

Good Doctor, victim of a bad era. Honestly, Matt Smith did... 3 or 4 years as the Doctor, and had as many good episodes.

What would really be cause for celebration would be Steven Moffat stepping down as showrunner and going back to writing an episode per season again.

Also, I know the BBC would never pass up an opportunity for crazy press on a single episode, but just once I'd love for a Doctor NOT to announce they're leaving the show, just to make the regeneration a total surprise. But I guess that'll never happen in this day and age.

Jump to Post

06.03.2013 10:10pm

Salazar
Still here...

but just once I'd love for a Doctor NOT to announce they're leaving the show, just to make the regeneration a total surprise. But I guess that'll never happen in this day and age.

You make it sound like they would do it in the past. I don't think the regenerations have ever been a surprise since Patrick Troughton replaced William Hartnell.

Jump to Post

06.03.2013 11:19pm

Ashilyn
Career GM

I'm always amazed by the hate Moffat and Smith get here. Series seven was an absolute dud, but five and six were easily the most brilliant things of the relaunched show, particularly Smith's Doctor being leagues better then Eccelston or Tennant. It's a shame that Mofat's obviously not giving it his all anymore, and on that basis I wouldn't mind seeing him step away from the show in favour of someone else. The fact that the regeneration isn't going to be a clean start and Clara is sticking around longer than she should be is already a bad sign.

Jump to Post

06.04.2013 12:36am

Nelfichu
I've been there, hombre.

Salazar said:

You make it sound like they would do it in the past. I don't think the regenerations have ever been a surprise since Patrick Troughton replaced William Hartnell.

True, though the news didn't always break until fairly close to the regeneration. Heck, I think the news that Chris Eccleston was leaving only broke two or three months before it actually happened.

But I'd love for a season to end mid-regeneration, like the cliffhanger to The Stolen Earth. Remember how long that week was leading up to Journey's End? Imagine that across several months. Actually, never mind, that sounds like a terrible idea.

Jump to Post

06.04.2013 2:12pm

resare
Exceptional narcissist

Considering a series of Doctor Who only lasts thirteen weeks, Nelfichu, Eccleston's departure was announced only a couple of weeks after the new series had even started...

Jump to Post

06.04.2013 2:53pm
 (Edited on 06.04.2013 at 3:05pm)

OrionHardy
Otherworld

I was going to complain that the Doctors don't seem to last long enough. However, when I looked back, apart from Tom Baker, 3-4 years seems to be the average time an actor would last as the doctor. I blame the BBC for making the new series so small.

Great men aren't everywhere, just where it counts.

If you ever see me online playing Halo, join me please.

Jump to Post

06.04.2013 3:50pm

Zubis
Registered Member

Every Doctor actor tells his replacement not to stay for more than 3 years apparently.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter