Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

NFL Draft Thread

< Prev 1 2 Next >

04.27.2012 2:58am
Thread Creator

Scribe
The Taru

Discuss!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGW6HMX37Xw

I'm happy about this guy being in a Dallas Jersey!

Jump to Post

04.27.2012 3:20am

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

Will Andrew Luck be so good he can overcome a subpar offensive line, running game and defense year in and year out? Stay tuned.

Also, lol Titans.

Jump to Post

04.27.2012 3:25am

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

It's always funny and never fails to become irrelevant.

Jump to Post

04.27.2012 3:39am

Pac
The Social Assassin

Patriots upgrade their defensive front seven. Nice.

Jump to Post

04.27.2012 3:43am

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

Titans GM to Patriots: You're welcome.

Jump to Post

04.27.2012 5:24am

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Would've preferred Coby Fleener to Wilson for the GIants' pick. But Wilson's a pretty solid choice. He should replace Brandon Jacobs nicely.

Jump to Post

04.27.2012 1:32pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

Niners get another wideout to add to one hell of a revamped group this off-season. If only Alex Smith wasn't the one throwing to them.

Jump to Post

04.27.2012 5:38pm

Ulterior
Registered Member

DA BEARS DA BEAS DA BEARS DA BEARS

.....going defense, as usual. They need a corner and a safety in the next round though, this is one year where they actually need to go defense, no one on that side of the ball is getting any younger.

I love you, everything burrito.

Jump to Post

04.27.2012 11:18pm

Sei'taer
lost

The draft is ridicuously overhyped.

I do like the affect the rookie wage scale has had on the draft.  It's made it much more fun to watch.

Jump to Post

04.28.2012 2:55am

DDPadawan
Reborn!

As a Green Bay fan, I'm quite excited that we loaded up on defensive picks.  At least one of them has to accidentally pan out, right?  Right??

Jump to Post

04.28.2012 1:17pm
 (Edited on 04.29.2012 at 12:52pm)

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

Awesome draft analysis using animated gifs.

Edit:
Ulterior said:

DA BEARS DA BEAS DA BEARS DA BEARS

.....going defense, as usual. They need a corner and a safety in the next round though, this is one year where they actually need to go defense, no one on that side of the ball is getting any younger.

How do the Bears not draft ANYONE for their O-line? Thank god Cutler is used to being on his back, because it won't be any better for him this year...

Jump to Post

04.29.2012 1:03pm

Ulterior
Registered Member

1. Getting two starters back from injury, and cut the worst o-lineman on the team (Omiyale).

2. Brandon Marshall means the team will see less of 8 men in the box.

3. I still agree, I never see Chicago draft offensively until the need is absolutely dire. The trend goes back literally decades and I think it's why my dad's hair fell out.

Jump to Post

04.29.2012 1:40pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

I wouldn't show any respect to Marshall. Cutler needs time to get it to him so until the O-line proves it can put up a fight, keep throwing eight men up front.

Jump to Post

04.29.2012 4:22pm

Sei'taer
lost

Big Tall said:

Awesome draft analysis using animated gifs.

Edit:

How do the Bears not draft ANYONE for their O-line? Thank god Cutler is used to being on his back, because it won't be any better for him this year...

I thought it was a horrible idea too.  Cutler is just going to get hurt again etc.  Almost as stupid as Washington drafting another QB.

Jump to Post

04.29.2012 5:35pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

I think the silliest pick was Jacksonville drafting a punter in the third round. I understand why they need a punter and I think the fans tend to really underrate how important a solid punter is (Let's just say that I don't think the Giants would've made it to the Super Bowl if Matt Dodge was the punter instead of Steve Weatherford). But no one drafts punters that early. Jacksonville could've waited til the next round at least.

Pretty happy with the Giants' picks overall. Jerry Reese and co. might not be so hot in free agency, but they've been really solid in evaluating and drafting talent. Rueben Randle knows how to block and run routs, and he's a big guy too. Could be a second Hakeem Nicks. We might be saying "Mario Manningham who?" if he pans out. David Wilson's a big upgrade at runningback over Brandon Jacobs, and he could be a dangerous KR/PR, something the Giants haven't had in what feels like decades. Their other picks filled holes and were overall really nice.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter