Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

News team ASSEMBLE!

< Prev 1 2 Next >

04.02.2012 9:01pm
 (Edited on 04.02.2012 at 9:27pm)

Testament
Shamshot

Ramses said:

What could possibly top the News Team Fight?

The News Team Orgy?

Jump to Post

05.17.2012 10:09pm

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3Mu7oPLGnI

Buggle Up! Danger! Danger! (Genocide!) Death the Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!

Jump to Post

10.23.2013 7:26pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

Well you know the old expression: Nope.

Can't wait for this movie.

Jump to Post

10.23.2013 7:52pm

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

You better fuckin' believe I'll be there first day.

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

10.23.2013 10:43pm

Areas
Formerly Kenshin

The two trailers released today were so hilarious that I had to step out of the office because I was in tears.  Can't wait.

Jump to Post

12.18.2013 6:44am

Ramses
Registered Member

Just got back. Sadly it's not as tear your heart out bad, but it falls into the Caddy Shack 2/Wayne's World 2 Syndrome. Some interesting ideas and some belly laugh jokes, but just a bunch of scenes thrown together, and not really a story. Too many tangents, too much rehash, and unbelievably too many cameos that strived so hard to top the first movie it got pathetic. Seriously the climax was trying so hard I felt embrassed for them.

Seriously between IRONMAN 3, Man of Steel, The World's End, even smaller movies I've paid to see and now Anchorman I can honestly say 2013 is the most disappointing year of movies EVER!

2011 FFO Fantasy Football Champion

Jump to Post

12.18.2013 4:25pm

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

The thing is. Even if the movie falls flat. The amount of laughs the Promotional material gave me made it well worth it. 

Jump to Post

12.19.2013 12:56am
Thread Creator

Nelfichu
I've been there, hombre.

I gotta disagree with Ramses. First off, I always felt the first movie was a bunch of scenes together with a loose story, and this one is the same way. 

The sold-out theater I was in ate this film up, and I was laughing with them. If I had any complaints, it would be that there's kinda a dull ten or so minutes that are largely laugh-less about 70% the way in the movie, but then the last act kicks it into high gear. Easily on par with Anchorman 1 IMO.

Jump to Post

12.26.2013 8:10am

judge_raz
Ceci n'est pas une lobster

I really enjoyed it. Laughed throughout most of the movie to the extent that I think I actually missed a few lines. Even if the movie does fall apart as a movie, the steady stream of great jokes more than made up for it. The only real complaint I have is that it concentrated too much on Brick, which sort of spoiled the magic of the character. He's best in small doses. That said, a lot of the material that he had was fantastic, especially the green screen bit.

"Of Christ's twelve Apostles Judas alone proved to be traitor. But if he had acquired power, he would have represented the other eleven Apostles as traitors, and also all the lesser Apostles whom Luke numbers as seventy." - Leon Trotsky

I have a blog. This is its URL. You should read it. It's about education and skepticism and books and it has a lot of pictures of Batman and Robin in it: https://baldermoon.wordpress.com/

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter