Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

RWBY - The Thread

07.19.2013 5:18am
Thread Creator

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

After all the hype, the first episode of RWBY is finally available.

For those that don't know, this is a new work by Monty Oum, the guy who dod Haloid and Dead Fantasy.  This is done with the backing of Rooster Teeth, the guys responsible for Red Vs Blue.

For a first episode, it's pretty good.  Obviously they took the complaints to Ruby's VA to heart, giving her a deeper voice to work with.  She's also freaking adorable in this.

The action, as you expect, is pretty good and, in my opinion, the episode didn't drag during the non-fighting segments.  I'll be interesting to see where the series goes.

Your thoughts?

Jump to Post

07.19.2013 12:03pm

JSG
Registered Member

I have no idea what to think about this.  There's a lot I like about it and a lot I don't care for.  The action sequence was really fun.  The cell-shaded style looks really cool (even if it reminds me of every PS2 JRPG I never got around to playing), and the villain seems pretty cool.  But I don't like the actual character designs for most of the cast, and it was a little too style-over-substance for my taste.  I think it's something I would have loved four or five years ago, but now I'm not sure.  I'm gonna stick with it for a little while, at least, and see where it goes.  I'm not thrilled about the whole special training school angle.

Also, what does RWBY stand for?  Do we know yet?

Jump to Post

07.19.2013 3:01pm

Cult of Personality
Insert witty remark here.

I'm definitely intrigued.  I like the style, and the action sequences were pretty good.  I'll keep my eye on the series as new episodes come out.

Jump to Post

07.19.2013 3:23pm
Thread Creator

CaButler

JSG, the title is the first letter of the first name of the main characters.

R - Ruby
W - Weiss
B - Blake
Y - Yang

Jump to Post

07.19.2013 5:12pm

Sanna
What a Tedious fight!

JSG, Monty Oum is all about style and awesome action sequences. I mean, Dead Fantasy...

Still not really digging the voice acting all that much, but I'll keep watching it. I actually like the character designs (I like how they correspond to their specfic colors, for the most part.) and the action sequences are pretty great, which is why I'm watching this to being with. The vocal tracks are pretty great, too. I think that's my favorite thing about RWBY so far. 

Jump to Post

07.19.2013 5:45pm

Zubis
Registered Member

You lost me at Monty Oum.

This stuff might have been awesome in my early 20s, but I guess I'm old now and outside the target demo.

Jump to Post

07.20.2013 12:02am

OrionHardy
Otherworld

Woah, they managed to get the voice of Cortana for the opening.

Great men aren't everywhere, just where it counts.

If you ever see me online playing Halo, join me please.

Jump to Post

07.20.2013 2:18am
Thread Creator

CaButler

OrionHardy said:

Woah, they managed to get the voice of Cortana for the opening.

For a moment, I thought it was Tex until somebody pointed it out to me in another forum.

Apparently it's good to have friends with big corporations.

Jump to Post

07.25.2013 11:26pm
Thread Creator

CaButler

Bump:

Episode two is up for sponsors.

It's a slower pace episode compared to last week, mostly used to introduce the other characters like Weiss (White), Blake (Black), and Jean (Vomit Boy).  If you're here for the action, you'll be a bit disappointed.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter