Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

SOLO

05.29.2018 4:00pm
Thread Creator

Crux
A mental Dentist's office

Who here has watched it?

I want opinions. Personally, I thought it was a good movie. It could had even been able to stand alone without the Star Wars franchise, it would only need to cut a bunch of the references. One of the best aspects about it was the cinematography, the use of colors and framing of the scenes were so incredibley pleasing.
And I knew I would love Alden and Donald's performances, but I was surprised by L3-37 busting down the walls into my heart.

The one thing I was not prepared for... the ONE thing... was
Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
Darth Maul. I knew I heard he was brought back in the Clone Wars (CN's advertisement wouldn't shut up about it at the time), but I went through 3 knee jerk reactions of "That could be some other Dathomirian, they look very stereotypically evil" until he used the force.

So what are your thoughts and feelings?

Jump to Post

05.29.2018 6:40pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

I still haven't seen it and really wasn't planning on it since I hated The last Jedi, but through word of mouth I kind of want to see this now.

Jump to Post

05.29.2018 7:33pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

I really liked it, but it felt like one great movie sandwiched between the parts of two other only-good movies... all squished and compressed into one slightly-too-long movie.

L3-37 was fucking great, unfortunate name and all.

Qi'ra knows fucking Teras Kasi, the deepest of deep cut references.

It's a little on-the-nose sometimes but the only winky reference that bugged me at all was the "Who are your people?" line, which was dumb dumb dumb holy shit.

Re that ONE thing (spoiler for SOLO and also for, uh, related Star Wars material):
Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
I'm of two minds. One, Darth Maul is fucking rad as hell so I'm all for it. I haven't watched Clone Wars but I am watching and enjoying Rebels, and I'm in the middle of his arc. But on the other hand... he already had a full arc on those shows, and he's fucking canonically dead (again?) so I'm not sure how much any future SOLO sequels could even do with that reveal.

It's just sort of baffling.

I really like that they let him have his weird busted-ass Inquisitor lightsaber, though, just in case you were still trying to convince yourself that Clone Wars and Rebels aren't really canon.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter