Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

"Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist"

05.24.2014 12:56am
Thread Creator

Indiana Jerico
Sinfully Delicious v2
Administrator

Dunno if anyone aside from Maomao is keeping a finger on this, but the web series is out now.

I love how they try to be faithful to the source material, up to crying 'Hadouken' and 'Shoryuken' during attacks. Also, Ken is freaking spot-on.

===

"Plans? What plans? I'm making this up as I go!"

Jump to Post

05.24.2014 4:45pm
 (Edited on 05.24.2014 at 5:17pm)

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

Just saw it. Not without some flaws (overly bombastic music all the time, Sayaka is definitely a Female Plot Device TM), and there are times its budget shows, but I enjoyed it quite a lot. The acting for pretty much every part was very well done (especially impressed with Ken, Gouken and Goutetsu). If anything, this should show studios that you can make a solid production out of any source material if you have respect for it.

Ending spoiler:

Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
I'm surprised they ended it as Ken and Ryu departed for their Warrior's Pilgrimmage (assumably Street Fighter 1). I thought for sure they'd extend it to the fight where Akuma puts Gouken in a coma.

Jump to Post

05.24.2014 8:20pm

Old Juan
filled with hate

Just finished it. Very well done and goes to show that actually having respect for the source material makes for a better product.

Jump to Post

05.25.2014 1:20am
Thread Creator

Indiana Jerico
Sinfully Delicious v2
Administrator

Rhaegar said:

Ending spoiler:

Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
I'm surprised they ended it as Ken and Ryu departed for their Warrior's Pilgrimmage (assumably Street Fighter 1). I thought for sure they'd extend it to the fight where Akuma puts Gouken in a coma.

If I am not mistaken, that doesn't happen after Ryu has finished touring around the world and since he was the one who witnessed the aftermath pretty soon after, it wouldn't make sense to end the series in that note because of the timeskip. Maybe in a future season?

===

Jump to Post

05.25.2014 2:44am

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

Yeah, you're right. I guess I thought they were going to touch on some of the Street Fighter 1 storyline, or at least the key parts of that, before returning back to Gouken's dojo.

Although I understand the next project they want to do, World Warrior, would focus more on Guile and Chun-Li?

Jump to Post

05.25.2014 4:41am
Thread Creator

Indiana Jerico
Sinfully Delicious v2
Administrator

Yeah, that was the rumor. And apparently, they want this guy to play Guile.

===

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter