Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

TV shows and stuff: The Spinoff

< Prev 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 ... 170 Next >

09.23.2013 2:03pm

judge_raz
Ceci n'est pas une lobster

Dexter is over! It's finally over!

The last episode wasn't all that terrible until Batista pounced on the killer in the ER without any setup, which immediately preceded the bullshit with Deb which happened, once again, without ANY setup. Jesus. The writing for this crapulence is the very definition of lazy.

Just...a truly terrible show. I can't believe that it used to be good, especially as good as it was in seasons 1, 2 and 4.

"Of Christ's twelve Apostles Judas alone proved to be traitor. But if he had acquired power, he would have represented the other eleven Apostles as traitors, and also all the lesser Apostles whom Luke numbers as seventy." - Leon Trotsky

I have a blog. This is its URL. You should read it. It's about education and skepticism and books and it has a lot of pictures of Batman and Robin in it: https://baldermoon.wordpress.com/

Jump to Post

09.23.2013 2:55pm
Thread Creator

Mole
Somebody loves ya.

I now want the epilogue to Breaking Bad to be:

Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
Saul Goodman at the end of his afternoon shift at a Cinnabon in suburban Nebraksa. To an empty room he offers a quiet elegy to those he knew in his past life, then shuts off the lights.

Also, for what is now the sixth year in a row the Emmys have decided to give zero awards to the cast of Mad Men. Congratulations!

Jump to Post

09.23.2013 4:05pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Breaking B-B-B-Bad
I don't think the internet understands Breaking Bad.   And I don't mean teh Walter White fanboys or the Skylar/Jr. haters--I mean, normally rational, intelligent fans who think...

What?  Walt's going to go shoot up Grey Matter (with a pair of M-16s?!) or poison his former colleagues? 
He knows about the blue meth so... he's... going to go save Jessie?  Or he means to kill Jessie?  I have serious doubts that Jessie even figures into Walt's plan at all.

No.  No.  He's going to go kill Jack's crew and get his fucking money and his empire back, just like he said he was to Saul.  If anything, to prove a point, to prove to "the world" that he's not the worthless schlubb that the Grey Matter folks painted him as.

Likely it won't go as well as planned--Walt's badass guntoting heroics never do--and he'll stumble on Jessie in the process.  If there's any justice left on this show (and let's be frank, it's likely there's not) then at some point next week Jessie will off Todd, and in the end off Walt.

Now, the only wild card I don't really see a clear plot for is the ricin.  A lot of people say it's for himself--say he's going to use it and turn himself in and get a plea bargain for his family and then DIE before serving his setence but, man, that's really silly.  Others say he's going to use it to kill himself so that he can control it himself and, like... that sorta makes sense, except there's about a million more reasonable ways to kill yourself.  Or it's for Lydia, which I could see, except I don't see how Walt could possibly deliver the poison--Lydia would probably have him killed before even seeing him in person, considering Jessie is already cooking 92% for the Nazis and Walt is basically useless to her.

Or maybe I'm full of shit and it's for the Grey Matter people (because, again, how would he even get close enough to dose them?), which would be possibly the only thing dumber than Andrea wandering out into the night like she was an early victim in a slasher movie. 

So no, I don't think it's going to be anything so elaborate.  He's gonna go kill some Nazis, and he's going to (try to) get his money back.  They have a full hour of show to fill though so I can see Walt moving some pieces into place, I can see the Nazis doing some more bad shit, Lydia being her usual neurotic asshole self. 

THE BIG FAT PREDICTO LIST OF THINGS THAT WILL PROBABLY NOT COME TO FRUITION:
Walt:  dead.
Jessie:   in prison (I dunno why, I just think he's going to survive and do time).
Skylar:  in prison  (I just don't see her getting away, no matter what Walt does).
Jr. and Holly:  with Marie, not involved.
Marie:  married to Michael J. Fox--wait, wrong show.
Hank:  under a dome--wait, wait, getting confused again.
Nazis:  dead.
Todd:  so dead, it's nothing personal, sorry for your loss.
Lydia:  probably getting away with it; woman is a cockroach.
Saul:  Cinnabon.
Huel:  just fine in his hotel room, still.
Grey Matter:  appearing in flashback, nothing else.
Brock:  devoured by fire ants, who then die of ricin poisoning. (seriously, this kid can't catch a fuckin' break).

Jump to Post

09.23.2013 5:58pm

Kal
yes

Wait, when did Andy become so sexy?

Jump to Post

09.23.2013 6:01pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

When we went into space to join the Nova Corps/that time he hunted down Osama Bin Laden.

Jump to Post

09.23.2013 6:57pm

Murasame
HALE YEAH

He was the reason I stuck it out through the first season. He has always been a cutie.

Jump to Post

09.23.2013 8:21pm

Dh
Not in the face!
The Alpha and the Omega

Dexter was so bad, but what made it really frustrating was that the general idea written well and built-up correctly over the season could've made the exact same events an excellent finale. Deb dying? Sure. Dexter having to abandon his family and start over? I could see that. But because of the poor writing and direction, I didn't really give a shit that any of it happened. I'm glad it's over though.

I made this for you!

Jump to Post

09.23.2013 8:28pm
 (Edited on 09.23.2013 at 9:13pm)

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

The thing about Dexter for me is that I agree it was a shitty season, too many plots and characters we don't care about, but I felt it was a satisfying ending. I agree with DH that the ending would've been made better if the writing was actually good through the past two seasons.

Jump to Post

09.23.2013 8:30pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Jump to Post

09.24.2013 12:37am
Thread Creator

Mole
Somebody loves ya.

Current prediction for a Fuck Everybody ending:

Against all odds Walt pulls off yet another season-ending scheme to kill the Nazis and take back the throne. Lydia moves Walt to Europe to continue operations. Jesse and Skyler go to jail. Junior and Marie hate Walt for the rest of their lives. Walt lives in a secluded mansion in the mountains of Czechoslovakia, with nothing but his science and his money and his name ringing out worldwide. And we learn his cancer is back in remission, so he'll be around for a long time.

Fade to black. Every viewer who wanted a morally satisfying ending goes and fucks themselves.

Jump to Post

09.24.2013 12:56am

Kal
yes

^I know many people who want a morally satisfying ending, but I don't know anyone who expects one. :p

Jump to Post

09.24.2013 1:07am

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Mole, that would not surprise me, actually.

Jump to Post

09.24.2013 2:53am

FenixDown
The King's orders are absolute

BB:
After seeing everything that's happened up until next weekend's finale, I'm suspecting the ricin is a last-ditch if all else fails measure to ensure Jack and his crew die. We've already seen Jack finish off two people who crawled about wounded on the ground for a gun only for him to step on the gun and put a bullet in their head up close and personal. I suppose it could be for Lydia, but I can't imagine a way he could successfully apply it to her unless he somehow tricked Todd into putting it into her tea, but that would be both a stretch and would require Walt to know about details he as a character should not be aware of.

Ever since I saw the pilot, and knowing that Walt does become an increasingly evil person, I've always believed that Jesse will be the one to put him down once and for all. I just don't know how specifically. The series has to end with Walt's death, otherwise there won't be closure and it would feel like there would still be potential for another season. In a bizarre twist in which Walt does overcome his cancer and doesn't die to Jesse or the nazis, I assume they would do a skip ahead in time to show him a rich, lonely old man who ends up dying alone and unloved. Hard to say which is preferable considering all that's happened.

Let's Play Chrono Trigger
Let's Play The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past
Let's Play Final Fantasy VI

Jump to Post

09.24.2013 2:47pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Sleepy Hollow:
Oh hello again, Pez Dispenser John Cho.

Messy, but adequate.  Gives me a very distinct Fringe-like vibe, but with demons instead of mad science.

Jump to Post

09.24.2013 5:43pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

Kal said:

Wait, when did Andy become so sexy?

I had heard that they shot at least the first episode in London to accomodate his filming schedule for Guardians.  I assume there will have to be some sort of explanation for his fitness though (possibly involving Chris?).

Breaking Bad spoilers (and a theory I heard...so not actually future spoilers but a damn good theory):
Loved last episode as usual.  Man Todd can be creepy.  Like him picking lint off Lydia's jacket should not be creepy, but it just IS.  Did not see Andrea(?) getting killed right then, I thought they were just showing him how easily it could happen.

So theory.  No clue where it came from, because I heard it on a non-BB related podcast and I think they got it from somewhere online.  But I hadn't really put it together completely that Walt takes on some aspect of people he kills.  He cut the crusts off his sandwich after killing the first guy, then he did the towel on th efloor to vomit thing after killing Gus (well I noticed both of them, but just didn't really think much of it).  So the flashforwards this season they showed him arranging his bacon on his birthday to spell his age? can't remember exactly.  Well that's what Skylar did for him at one point on the show...

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 ... 170 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter