Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

"Teenage Alien Ninja Turtles?!"

< Prev 1 2 3 4 ... 7 Next >

03.20.2012 12:29pm

Zubis
Registered Member

You guys do realise there was a massively popular (and superior) reboot of TMNT in the early 00s that ran for six years?
If anything those kids/teenagers that watched that show are the target audience, not the 80s generation.

Jump to Post

03.20.2012 12:51pm

Crusader
Not Even My Dad Hit Me

That reboot was awesome.  That said, I consider Turtles Forever the true finale to the franchise.

Jump to Post

03.20.2012 2:11pm

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

Consider me butthurt like the lot of you.

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

03.20.2012 2:18pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

I could care less about the changes by why is this being directed by michael bay?

Jump to Post

03.20.2012 3:38pm

Catastrophe
I'm Catbug!

Id82 said:

I could care less about the changes by why is this being directed by michael bay?

It's being produced by.

So some are saying that Bay may be talking out of his ass without a clue to what he's saying.

Either way. PASS. My love of the TMNT ended with TMNT III and the end of the original cartoon. Also the last reboot with Splinter the Cheetos Cheetah didn't help much.

Jump to Post

03.20.2012 4:42pm

Sturm
Registered Member

Catastrophe said:

Id82 said:

It's being produced by.

So some are saying that Bay may be talking out of his ass without a clue to what he's saying.

Either way. PASS. My love of the TMNT ended with TMNT III and the end of the original cartoon. Also the last reboot with Splinter the Cheetos Cheetah didn't help much.

The CG movie titled TMNT is a direct sequel to the third film and actually pretty good. If you don't feel like watching the rebooted cartoon at least watch that movie. I really enjoyed it.

Jump to Post

03.20.2012 5:49pm

Catastrophe
I'm Catbug!

Sturm said:

Catastrophe said:

Id82 said:

It's being produced by.

The CG movie titled TMNT is a direct sequel to the third film and actually pretty good. If you don't feel like watching the rebooted cartoon at least watch that movie. I really enjoyed it.

TMNT was what I was referring to actually. I refuse to watch it. Splinter seriously looks like Chester the Cheetos Cheetah and April O'Neil is a Lara Croft ripoff.

I guess I'm just too attached to the first animated series and the original live action movies.

Jump to Post

03.20.2012 6:00pm

Kellios
Yikes and away!

Zubis said:

You guys do realise there was a massively popular (and superior) reboot of TMNT in the early 00s that ran for six years?
If anything those kids/teenagers that watched that show are the target audience, not the 80s generation.

Crusader said:

That reboot was awesome.  That said, I consider Turtles Forever the true finale to the franchise.

Thank you~

Said this elsewhere, but, Michael Bay had never bothered me before. But now? THIS IS PERSONAL.

Jump to Post

03.20.2012 6:29pm

Zubis
Registered Member

So it's confirmed then.

https://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/michael-bay-reassures-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles/263338

"Fans need to take a breath, and chill. They have not read the script. Our team is working closely with one of the original creators of Ninja Turtles to help expand and give a more complex back story."

It continued: "Relax, we are including everything that made you become fans in the first place. We are just building a richer world."

Jump to Post

03.20.2012 7:59pm

Kellios
Yikes and away!

I am not reassured.

Jump to Post

03.20.2012 8:13pm

Ibn al Xu'ffasch
A Good Soldier

OMG, the original creator!  What a relief.  I mean, look how great the SW prequels turned out, and those were straight from GL!

"...so we're agreed. It's Robin and Batman from now on."
"Don't patronize me or I'll break your face."
"I was trained by the League of Assassins.  My days are my own."

Jump to Post

03.20.2012 8:22pm

Sturm
Registered Member

The original creator is writing the reboot of the comic series and it's been pretty decent so far. So it's not like he is all that out there.

Jump to Post

03.21.2012 1:04am

<("<)<(")>(>")>
America: The Pony

I just hope that they remember to parody Frank Miller and Daredevil comics, which was original intention of the TMNT's anyway. OBVIOUSLY that's the only way to make the TRUE fans happy, you guys! 

Jump to Post

03.21.2012 2:21am

grey_haven
Formerly known as 'Trekster'

They'll cast someone extremely hot as April O'Neil, you'll all go see it and be damned greatful for the opportunity.

I say this as a person who to this day has not seen a single one of the Transformer movies.

Jump to Post

03.21.2012 2:33am

Crusader
Not Even My Dad Hit Me

The big question is: Will Irma be in it?

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 4 ... 7 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter