Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

"Teenage Alien Ninja Turtles?!"

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7 Next >

03.21.2012 5:04am

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Revamped origins haven't really bothered me since Tim Burton decided that the guy who would be The Joker killed Bruce Wayne's parents in his movies.  That said, the name is "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles." Kinda defeats the point if they're aliens and not, well, mutants.

Now if it's a mutagen of alien origin that transforms them into the Ninja Turtles then I'm OK with that. I think that's what they did with the current comic reboot anyway. But if they're space turtles from space, then fuck that.

in b4 Shia LaBeouf as Leonar-Nononononono!

Jump to Post

03.21.2012 5:14am

Old Juan
filled with hate

I'm surprised Michael Bay is even interested in this property to be honest.

Jump to Post

03.21.2012 8:15am
Thread Creator

Indiana Jerico
Sinfully Delicious v2
Administrator

Onyx said:

Now if it's a mutagen of alien origin that transforms them into the Ninja Turtles then I'm OK with that.

I agree. There is much to decry about blind nostalgia but there is also such a thing as respecting a work's set origin.

===

"Plans? What plans? I'm making this up as I go!"

Jump to Post

03.21.2012 6:28pm

Revrick
Mind your P's and Q's

I'll inevitably see this since TMNT were my bread and butter as a kid but I'm skeptical as fuck. I was the only person who thought the CG movie was going to be great (which I thought it was) when it came out so there is a little bit of hope somewhere inside me. However I'm not sure how well this movie will stand without The Fel-dog to carry it. 

Also I'm with Onyx on the alien mutagen thing. The would make just as much sense as some evil company dumping waste. However if there is a turtles mother ship/space battle I'll up and leave. 

And whoever badmouthed Street Sharks, for shame. That show was fucking gold. At least according to my 10 year old self.

Jump to Post

03.26.2012 5:03pm

Zubis
Registered Member

Turns out they're not "Teenage" either, the working title of the movie is "Ninja Turtles".

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/03/24/scoop-michael-bays-alien-turtles-apparently-arent-teenagers-either/

Jump to Post

03.26.2012 5:23pm

Catastrophe
I'm Catbug!

Michael Bay has officially jumped the shark. And sadly, there isn't another shark lying in wait at the end to chow down on him.

Jump to Post

04.01.2012 9:54am

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

Jump to Post

04.04.2012 9:43pm

kirbenvost
Give Life Back To Music

MICHAEL BAY WHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYY?!?!?

Jump to Post

06.16.2012 9:50am

Zubis
Registered Member

https://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&;id=39211

However, it looks like the heroes in a half shell will have remain on their home planet for the time being as The Hollywood Reporter reveals Paramount Pictures has shut down the reboot, pushing the December 2013 release date to May 2014. THR reports the studio has laid off pre-production staff for an "indefinite" work stoppage.

Kinda glad that there's a limit to even what Michael Bay can do.

Jump to Post

06.16.2012 2:28pm

Lucent
Dip Trip Flip Fantasia

Turtles Forever was the finale to everything I ever hoped for. It was a satisfactory end to the show and my inner child rolled around on the floor in delight for every minute. That was probably the most satisfying thing I'd seen on TV in a long time up until that point.

Jump to Post

06.16.2012 2:48pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

Praise be to Jebus!

Jump to Post

06.16.2012 4:33pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

I'm not optimistic about this.

Jump to Post

06.16.2012 4:53pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Thank god the Alien Turtles got shelved. At least for now.

Jump to Post

06.19.2012 8:29pm

Old Juan
filled with hate

So there is justice in the world.

Jump to Post

06.19.2012 9:15pm

Catastrophe
I'm Catbug!

Not shelved. Just delayed.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter