Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

The Dark Knight Rises

< Prev 1 2 3 Next >

12.16.2011 7:09pm
Thread Creator (Edited on 12.19.2011 at 6:28pm)

judge_raz
Ceci n'est pas une lobster

https://trailers.apple.com/trailers/wb/thedarkknightrises/

"Of Christ's twelve Apostles Judas alone proved to be traitor. But if he had acquired power, he would have represented the other eleven Apostles as traitors, and also all the lesser Apostles whom Luke numbers as seventy." - Leon Trotsky

I have a blog. This is its URL. You should read it. It's about education and skepticism and books and it has a lot of pictures of Batman and Robin in it: https://baldermoon.wordpress.com/

Jump to Post

12.16.2011 11:37pm

Kal
yes

Is that a flying batmobile ?

edit : Jo Gordon-Levitt !! care-o-meter went from 'eh' to 'hey!'

Jump to Post

12.16.2011 11:42pm

Areas
Formerly Kenshin

Saw it earlier today when I went to see Sherlock Holmes.  The movie needs to come out ASAP!  >

Jump to Post

12.17.2011 12:31am

Fincher
Deep Water Horizon

Kal said:

Is that a flying batmobile ?

Batwing.

Currently playing: Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box, Picross DS
Last played: Time Hollow (good)
Last watched: Agent Carter (very good)
Me on Favslist

Jump to Post

12.17.2011 1:04am

Jaran
I'm going to try SCIENCE!

Hoverbat

Jump to Post

12.17.2011 11:32am

Zubis
Registered Member

God, Bane's voice really is as bad as they said it was.

Jump to Post

12.18.2011 5:45pm

Old Juan
filled with hate

Batman sounds like he smokes twelve packs a day so having he main villian's voice being incomprehensible fits with the motif in the Nolan Bat-verse.

Jump to Post

12.18.2011 6:29pm
Thread Creator

judge_raz

I don't think Bane sounds bad at all. Batman, yes. Bane, no.

Jump to Post

12.20.2011 12:15am

Dr Squirrel
medicine woman

HD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GokKUqLcvD8&;hd=1

Oh man.  The Joker was deliberately horrifying, but Bane is deliberately undeliberately horrifying if that makes sense.  Just something about how casual he was moving throughout the trailer just sends chills down my spine.

Also was that the Arkham City lightning gun I saw?

trust me, i'm a doctor

Jump to Post

12.20.2011 1:10am

Zubis
Registered Member

I was more interested in the three scenes that show Bruce walking around with a cane, as well as the grey streaks through his hair. Almost like a cross between The Dark Knight Returns and Knightfall.

The several Robin references amused too.

Also, Marion Cotillard. Rawr.

Jump to Post

12.20.2011 3:12am

Amer
pew pew pew

Gonna say it one more time. The football player is Hines Ward. The Steelers were the stand ins for the Gotham Rogues. It's not a reference to Burt Ward. 

Jump to Post

12.20.2011 3:16am

Seldomseen
Old Guard

Zoob said: "... as well as the grey streaks through his hair."

This. At first, I thought the scene might be another flashback to Bruce's time globetrotting, but then I saw the hair at his temples. Could it be the end or close to it? Then again, probably not, as there seems to still be some kind of conflict going on, what with all the rappelling that happens at that location later on in the trailer.

Jump to Post

12.20.2011 3:58am

Zubis
Registered Member

Amer said:

Gonna say it one more time. The football player is Hines Ward. The Steelers were the stand ins for the Gotham Rogues. It's not a reference to Burt Ward. 

Fair enough, but the other reference still counts - check the R in the Gotham Rogues at the start of the trailer.

So I'm thinking Bruce gets injured after TDK and retires Batman (leaving only a legend), then proceeds to live a miserable life as Bruce Wayne, but is later kidnapped by Bane and forced to retrain (see Bruce's beard and walking without a cane) so he can publicly break the Batman and the spirit of Gotham ("When Gotham is ashes...").

Oh, and there are rumours going around that some of the stories that inspired the script are Cataclysm and No Man's Land...

Jump to Post

12.20.2011 4:30am
Thread Creator

judge_raz

Bane is going to completely wreck Batman's shit. There's no two ways about it.

And I'm totally with Der. The way that Bane is portrayed in this trailer, really does make him seem like an apocalyptic threat. It's the chanting that really pushed it beyond the top. I'm thinking that the people of Gotham will look back fondly to the time that an anarchist in a purple suit with face paint came to town by the time that Bane is finished with them.

Jump to Post

12.20.2011 4:38am

Southern Comfort
silently judging all of you

Bane broke the Bat.  There's no way Batman is walking away from this fight.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter