Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

The Force Awakens

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13 Next >

04.17.2015 1:18am

Spoony
TEH DISCORD CREW~

You know, you read about how big Star Destroyers are supposed to be, but seeing one crashed like that... O_o   Also, the bad guy looks like Darth Revan.

Lot of neat stuff in that trailer, but it'd be nice if they'd give us a few clues as to what the story's actually about or who the new characters are.  As it is, I have to operate under the assumption that everybody is secretly Khan. 

I'm coming around to the new visual style, though.  I like that the Original, Prequel, and Sequel trilogies will each have their own distinct look.

Jump to Post

04.17.2015 1:31am

Lexx
I know how they work

I'm still curmudgeon-y about it, but that last part made me smile.

I realized I'm looking forward to the original cast a lot, but I have zero interest in the new one.

Jump to Post

04.17.2015 2:18am

Cult of Personality
Insert witty remark here.

There's still a lot of questions regarding the plot that will hopefully be addressed in the coming months.  That being said, being the massive Star Wars geek I am my immediate reaction to the trailer was as follows: 

Jump to Post

04.17.2015 3:36am

kjonez
with a Z

I may get ostracized for this but both trailers just look like really good fan made films to me, and not a major motion picture. For me, I need some of the sci-fi campy-ness that Star Wars had and I haven't seen anyhing like that in these trailers. They did include the characters we know which is nice, but it still feels very distant from a true movie in the franchise. Hell, I got a better feeling when I saw the Phantom Menace trailer.

That's not me saying they're bad, but it's not coming off as 'Star Wars' to me, at least not yet.

Jump to Post

04.17.2015 6:20am

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

I said it another forums the trailor looks like Episode VII was made by Star Wars fanboys which i a good thing since the trailer does remind you a lot of the original trilogy (and I am not talking about that part at the end of the trailer). It's because the look and feel it's less CGI heavy than the prequels and there seems to be emphasis on characters and atmosphere.

Yeah it does seem like a Star Wars made by fanboys and, as I say again, a good thing since I kind of felt like George Lucas' worst enemy when making the prequels was himself.

I love seeing the X-Wings Hover over the river/ocean it add a lot more weight and realism to the VFX shot.

Jump to Post

04.19.2015 10:43pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

I replayed that last bit about 500 times and grinned like an idiot each and every time. It certainly feels like we're home.

Jump to Post

04.20.2015 4:29am

Jaran
I'm going to try SCIENCE!

It's not even out yet and it's already breaing box office records

Jump to Post

04.20.2015 10:37pm

Catastrophe
I'm Catbug!

Only 242 days left! :D :( :D :(

I CAN'T WAIT THAT LONG :(

Jump to Post

10.19.2015 1:46am

Jaran

No one has updated this thing in 6 months? Very well then, it falls to me.

The teaser dump for tomorrow's trailer has begun.

Also, new poster, with possible Third Death Star

Jump to Post

10.19.2015 3:25am

GregT
Registered Member

Where's Waldo?

Rey, Finn and Kylo look fine. Everything else looks like something you'd expect from a puzzle.

Jump to Post

10.19.2015 12:08pm

Magicjewel
Dr. Fantabulous
Administrator

I have about 90% decided to skip a residency interview to try to go to a marathon close to me.

"Well, your brain seems to work a little bit." -- Rune Walsh, Phantasy Star IV.

Jump to Post

10.20.2015 3:34am

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

HYPE!

Racists, butthurt EU adherents, and other haters to the left.

Jump to Post

10.20.2015 4:14am

GregT
Registered Member

There's a touch of Nausicaä early in the trailer. I like it.

Jump to Post

10.20.2015 4:40am

Spoony
TEH DISCORD CREW~

Decently cool trailer.  I liked the use of the Han/Leia love theme from TESB.  Hard to get super hyped because, as with earlier trailers, I still have no idea what this movie is actually about.  Whatever it is, though, I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun. 

Rhaegar said:

HYPE!

Racists, butthurt EU adherents, and other haters to the left.

Speaking as a butthurt EU adherent, please don't lump us in with the racists.   Seriously, fuck those guys.

Jump to Post

10.20.2015 5:36am

Jaran

Even managed to score tickets after an hour of praying for Fandago's servers to stop melting.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter