Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

"The 'What Anime Are You Watching Right Now' Thread vFFS"

< Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 Next >

06.23.2012 4:55am

GalaxyHead
Undisguised Man-Made Nova

I've been quite cynical about anime for some time, but Tsuritama is WONDERFUL. I decided to check it out when I read the description "aliens + fishing." Gosh.

https://www.crunchyroll.com/tsuritama/episode-1-panicked-fishing-595873 <--- I suggest watching with adblock plus installed, if that is not obvious.

Fishing is awesome, goddamit.

Jump to Post

08.29.2012 4:02pm

Areas
Formerly Kenshin

Gonna put this here since we don't have a Manga thread...

Naruto Manga SPOILERS

Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
So Tobi is Obito, to the surprise of no one.  Glad we finally got that out of the way.

Jump to Post

08.30.2012 12:24am

Raine Loire
Registered Member

The first episode of Lupin III: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine was really, really good.
I agree

Im also watching:
- Uta Koi: awesome drawnings and colors, Okami-style. A must see, if you don´t mind slow paced animes
- Durarara!  Needed 2 episodes to open my mind and accept its style, lots of nonsense :-)
- Hachimichi no Apollon: Yoko Kanno´s OST. Anime about jazz. How can you go wrong? Didn´t ike the main character, tough
- Aoi Bungaku: don´t have a clear opinion yet. Got it because its litrature-based and supposed to be scary

Jump to Post

08.30.2012 12:32am

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

Areas said:

Gonna put this here since we don't have a Manga thread...

Naruto Manga SPOILERS

Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
So Tobi is Obito, to the surprise of no one.  Glad we finally got that out of the way.

Well there was a lot of debate over who he was. I personally thought it was him since he had the same hair style and all. There are some plot holes that need ot be filled in though. Like for instance was that him when he attacked Naruto's parents? The timeline seems a little off there.

Jump to Post

08.30.2012 12:54am

Ashilyn
Career GM

Well, almost four months after I said something last time, I finally dove in and started finding anime to watch again. Ended up getting a bunch of shows:

Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai
Fyuu no Sonata
Hyouka
Lupin the Third - Mine Fuujiko to lu Onna
Ozuma
Sword Art Online
The Idolm@ster (shut up, I love the games. Which is kind of funny since they encapsulate everything I hate about current anime and gaming trends in Japan)
The Tatami Galaxy
Working!!
Bakuman
Kuragehime (which I am not entirely sure I'll like, but the descriptions all made it sound like the kind of strange quickiness I loved in shows like Paradise Kiss so I'm gonna try it)
Hanasaku Iroha

So far I've only actually watched episodes of Idolm@ster (again, with a dose of delicious irony), Working!!, and Ozuma, but I've really enjoyed all three of them, so for that alone this venture's been worth it. Hopefully the rest of the shows I grabbed will hold up too. I have high hopes for Hyouka in particular.

Jump to Post

08.30.2012 7:46pm

dem
Sing for me, little bird

Is Space Brothers any good? I' ve been meaning to watch it for months but never seem to get around to it.

Jump to Post

09.17.2012 4:11am

Raine Loire
Registered Member

I got absolutely addicted to Sword Art Online, even tough I don´t play MMO.

Pros
Nice plot, main couple, atmosphere, battles and pace.

Cons
A plot flaw Im hoping wil be explained soon.
Some fan service over and there,  not too much.

Jump to Post

09.17.2012 4:27am

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

On the recommendation of a few people, I've been watching Baccano!

Said people are now off my Christmas List.

Jump to Post

09.17.2012 12:02pm

Fifan
The guy with the girly avatar

That's strange. I haven't watched Baccano! yet, but everyone who has seen it keep recommending it.

Jump to Post

09.17.2012 8:57pm

CaButler

Fifan said:

That's strange. I haven't watched Baccano! yet, but everyone who has seen it keep recommending it.

Normally I would give anything a chance, but my main issue is the direction they took for the series so far.  I'm only up to episode 7 but I have quite a few issues with it.

The first episode is fine because it makes sense.  The other episodes play the non-linear order trope to the bone, especially when, after episode one, everything that happens takes place before it.

And sometimes they don't even tell you when they're going to a different timeline, and we're talking about three years worth of history.  It's also a thirteen episode season with a very large cast, so some episodes will focus on other characters that almost have nothing to do with what's going on and other characters just disappear for episodes at a time.

But again, that's just me.  I'm fine for experimenting, but I'd like it to make some sort of sense.  If I wasn't obligated to go through the series, I'd have drop it after the second episode, since I thought the first episode was fine.

Jump to Post

09.26.2012 8:14pm

Ashilyn
Career GM

Just watched Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos. Pretty good movie, LEAGUES better than the shitfest that was Conquerer of Shambhala. It gets a little boring in the middle act, but the whole last act is well worth it and ultimately it was a lot of fun to watch.I do have to admit, though, I may not have liked it as much if I hadn't JUST finished finally getting around to watching the last act of FMA Brotherhood and was already kinda high on FMA. Definitely check it out if you like the series, though.

Jump to Post

09.27.2012 3:01am

Sanna
What a Tedious fight!

I loved Baccano!. I didn't think it was that hard to understand, but that's just me. :S

Currently I'm watching Sword Art: Online. Seems interesting so far. 

Jump to Post

09.27.2012 3:10am

CaButler

I'm actually passed the halfway point of Baccano!  it's become more focused, especially that episode that basically explains what happened.

That said, I'm not a fan of the non-lineraity nature of the show.  Especially with as large a cast that this show has.

I'm also about to finish up Steins;Gate.  That show I enjoyed.

Jump to Post

09.27.2012 3:19am

Ashilyn
Career GM

Sword Art Online is pretty much .hack except with better writing, potting, and less OMG STUPID/wanting to be a gainax show way too hard. It still has some groan inducing moments, but I've definitely liked what I've watched of it so far, and I'm really intrigued to see where it goes. I'm thinking about downloading Accel World, since it's by the same person and has similar themes, but I've heard that it's  a lot of flash and no substance - amazing fight scnes and decent plot, but one of the whinest main characters in years D:

Jump to Post

09.27.2012 3:28am

CaButler

Ashilyn said:

Sword Art Online is pretty much .hack except with better writing, potting, and less OMG STUPID/wanting to be a gainax show way too hard. It still has some groan inducing moments, but I've definitely liked what I've watched of it so far, and I'm really intrigued to see where it goes. I'm thinking about downloading Accel World, since it's by the same person and has similar themes, but I've heard that it's  a lot of flash and no substance - amazing fight scnes and decent plot, but one of the whinest main characters in years D:

So much so that I dropped the series.  Accel World, that is.  I haven't started watching Sword Art Online yet, but I hear nothing but great stuff about it.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter